Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2022, 10:28 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I'm not going to comment on Lia because I don't know her personally.

I have in the past dated a trans who was 100% anatomically male with all intact male parts. Not ever trans want to go through surgery and become anatomically female. The gal I dated that was still 100% anatomically male was an angel of a girl. Trust me, she was as female as they come.

My point is the trans part is completely separate from the sexual orientation part.
What does female mean?

I've seen panel discussions where trans claim they are female because they 'feel female'. Then when asked what that means, they cannot explain.

What is a woman? They claim that they are women, but, again, cannot explain in objective terms what a woman is.

Is 'female' just putting on a dress and wearing makeup? Then Mr Potatoe Head qualifies as a female. /shrug/

Old 03-22-2022, 10:31 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
For firearms women are, many times, better shots. Better fine motor skills.
In firearms competition men don't have near so much advantage over women as they do in purely physical contests like track and field and yes, swimming. Shooting disciplines of any sort even the "run and gun" such as IPSC/USPSA ICORE, IDPA and Three Gun run. Shooting is a way North of 85% mental discipline. You don't unleash adrenaline into explosive action as you would in a purely physical sport.

You harness it, control it and redirect it into as you said here fine motor skill focus and reaction to a given type of target array. In action type shooting anyway. In precision shooting like Bullseye it's totally different. You still harness and control the adrenaline but it's redirected totally into focus. Men have zero physical advantage over women in that. But they still segregate the sexes in high level competition.

That being said I have competed directly against women in MoM events (Man on Man though the contestants are mixed gender. That's the term I didn't coin it) and been soundly spanked and I competed at Master and Grand Master level. And I was damn good in all humility. But I still got beat. I never "took it easy" on women opponents. Well, that's not entirely true. With women and youngster " buy ups" lower ranked shooters who bought into a higher class to get more trigger time, I would often shoot one handed rather than two to slow down my speed between targets.

But I never purposely threw a string. Much of what holds true for pistol and rifle sports holds for archery as well. Men have zero advantage launching arrows or bullets over women. A man may be able to draw a heavier bow but archery is not a contest of brute strength any more than rifle and hand gun. Certain combative sports also see women having an advantage. Obviously not boxing MMA and such but one sport does stand out advantage women,. Fencing. Speed and precision again. Not Pure strength. A "trans" competitor would have no advantage in any of the above listed sports. However they certainly DO have an advantage in contests of focused strength. Which is also very obvious. There's no arguing that.

Thus "trans" athletes have no business competing in such events against true women based on how they "identify." That's just pure bilge. Reeking and fetid. How they identify mentally does not magically transform their male physique and prowess. Neither does dosing estrogen.

Old 03-22-2022, 11:10 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,300,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Do women who don't make the team also get the opportunity to participate but not compete?

What happens if there are 15 spots? Does the the 15th pick female get bumped so the man can join the team?

This approach, while based on 'feels,' is still objectively problematic.
No, participation without compete would not take a spot from a female. Besides that is only on the table for individualized sports like swimming or track. Most universities offer co-ed recreation/intramural sports when it comes to say soccer, softball, volleyball etc.

Old 03-22-2022, 12:03 PM

1,719 posts, read 732,109 times
Quote:
What does female mean?

I've seen panel discussions where trans claim they are female because they 'feel female'. Then when asked what that means, they cannot explain.

What is a woman? They claim that they are women, but, again, cannot explain in objective terms what a woman is.

Is 'female' just putting on a dress and wearing makeup? Then Mr Potatoe Head qualifies as a female. /shrug/
They can't explain because they don't know what it's like to be a woman.

I'm a woman. I have no idea what it's like to be a man, with a male brain and body.

Dresses, makeup, heels, etc. aren't what make a woman. That's just the wrapping around the package. Female brains and bodies are what make a woman.

Sometimes I wonder if these guys are carrying out a new form of male entitlement by claiming womanhood for themselves. If there are enough of them, and a method of reproduction without females is developed, those pesky creatures called women can be completely exterminated.

Old 03-22-2022, 12:05 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I'm not going to comment on Lia because I don't know her personally.

I have in the past dated a trans who was 100% anatomically male with all intact male parts. Not ever trans want to go through surgery and become anatomically female. The gal I dated that was still 100% anatomically male was an angel of a girl. Trust me, she was as female as they come.

My point is the trans part is completely separate from the sexual orientation part.
You dated a man. And most people no longer judge that.

However, there is such a thing as reality. A man cannot become a woman and a woman cannot become a man, anymore than a cat can become a dog or an elephant can become a whale.

It is insulting to say that this man was as “female as they come.” Did he have a womb? Did he have a menstrual cycle? Did he have real breasts? Are you saying that women who have short hair or don’t wear make up—they aren’t female?

Old 03-22-2022, 01:36 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,460,880 times
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cker-room.html

'It's definitely awkward because Lia still has male body parts and is still attracted to women,' she said

This person is not a trans. He is a guy that is swimming on the women's team. He has the male pieces and likes women. He's a guy that swims with the ladies and sees them naked too. He is getting endorsements, magazine coverage and all kinds of focus and things he never saw as a regular guy. He's come up with a unique way to market himself and it is working obviously.

Old 03-22-2022, 01:41 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
They can't explain because they don't know what it's like to be a woman.

I'm a woman. I have no idea what it's like to be a man, with a male brain and body.

Dresses, makeup, heels, etc. aren't what make a woman. That's just the wrapping around the package. Female brains and bodies are what make a woman.

Sometimes I wonder if these guys are carrying out a new form of male entitlement by claiming womanhood for themselves. If there are enough of them, and a method of reproduction without females is developed, those pesky creatures called women can be completely exterminated.
Women are being erased. Went from WOMYN!!!! to 'birthing person' and 'chest feeder.'

Funny how no male words are being changed, isn't it.

Old 03-22-2022, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Women are being erased. Went from WOMYN!!!! to 'birthing person' and 'chest feeder.'

Funny how no male words are being changed, isn't it.
Agree! What's next? A woman can't be a human being?

Old 03-22-2022, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cker-room.html

'It's definitely awkward because Lia still has male body parts and is still attracted to women,' she said

This person is not a trans. He is a guy that is swimming on the women's team. He has the male pieces and likes women. He's a guy that swims with the ladies and sees them naked too. He is getting endorsements, magazine coverage and all kinds of focus and things he never saw as a regular guy. He's come up with a unique way to market himself and it is working obviously.
Thompson's smart enough and exploitive enough to take advantage of this ludicrous situation. And laughing all the while. Almost (almost) I can admire him for making a mockery of those PC-obsessed idiots.

Old 03-22-2022, 01:59 PM

1,952 posts, read 829,427 times
Can you stop referring to Lia as "her" when this is clearly a dude? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies