Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2022, 08:59 PM

8,245 posts, read 3,495,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The solution is even easier. Biological males compete against biological females. Biological females compete against biological females. It’s that simple.
Everyone is going to compete against biological females? How does that improve anything from what is happening now?

Old 03-19-2022, 11:18 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Everyone is going to compete against biological females? How does that improve anything from what is happening now?
Sorry, major typo on my part. Men vs men, women vs women.

Old 03-20-2022, 06:08 PM

1,719 posts, read 732,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Kaitlan Jenner was on the radio yesterday commenting that Thomas 'him'self has done nothing wrong in the process of swimming as a trans. It is the other people 'in charge' who have allowed this to happen, and they are the ones who should be held responsible for this freakin' mess.
Kaitlan also opined that Thomas probably could have swum the race much faster but only gave it enough to win in this particular event.
The record is still held by a 'regular' female, if I can say that w/out offending anyone.
What do we call 'regular' females anyway? Is that CIS? I'm confused.
Women. You call women "women." Not cis, not biological, not genetic, nor any other term invented to assuage "trans women."

What do you call "trans women?" Men.

Old 03-20-2022, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Men, who also happen to be brothers, fathers, husbands, sons, boyfriends, etc. are very much allowed to have opinions too.
Agree. I'm delighted and grateful if men comment that women are being cancelled. Thank you, men!

Old 03-20-2022, 06:19 PM

Quote:
BTW, as a women, I agree the woke crowd are trying to cancel women and I also wonder why women’s organizations seem complicit. Planned Parenthood put out an article recently that referred to women as “bodies with vulvas” another women’s organization referred to us as birthing people and talked about the benefits of chest feeding. I saw an ad for a women’s product that referred to as as bleeders.

It seems that the word, “women” has become taboo. Why? And why are any women, especially women’s organizations going along with this?
Women can be their own worse enemy.

Obviously, for some women, the desire to be woke and inclusive surpasses caring about other women.

Last edited by Bentonite; 03-20-2022 at 06:28 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 03-20-2022, 06:27 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
Women can be their own worse enemy.

Obviously, the desire to be woke and inclusive surpasses caring about women.
They have said, through anonymous sources, that they will lose their scholarships and never swim for a college again if they express any disapproval.

Their mothers wrote an open letter, but also didn't sign it for just that reason, decrying this practice of having a man on the team.

They need to figure out who is wielding all this power over all of them, and out him/her, and end this nonsense.

Old 03-20-2022, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
They have said, through anonymous sources, that they will lose their scholarships and never swim for a college again if they express any disapproval.

Their mothers wrote an open letter, but also didn't sign it for just that reason, decrying this practice of having a man on the team.

They need to figure out who is wielding all this power over all of them, and out him/her, and end this nonsense.
Reminds me of the Cultural Revolution in China in the 1960s/70s.

Old 03-20-2022, 06:42 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
Reminds me of the Cultural Revolution in China in the 1960s/70s.
It's just bizarre.

Apparently this didn't just happen at UPENN - it happened, with the same script, to many other women's teams.

I'd really like to know who scripted this, and what power that entity has over all these people.

Old 03-20-2022, 06:48 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's just bizarre.

Apparently this didn't just happen at UPENN - it happened, with the same script, to many other women's teams.

I'd really like to know who scripted this, and what power that entity has over all these people.
Links to the bold.

Old 03-20-2022, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Links to the bold.
Ivy league swim teams told not to talk to the press about Lia Thomas.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/18/ivy-le...homas-parents/

If you want more links, google it yourself with the search term I just gave you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies