Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2022, 07:04 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,117,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Ivy league swim teams told not to talk to the press about Lia Thomas.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/18/ivy-le...homas-parents/

If you want more links, google it yourself with the search term I just gave you.
So, that's not you said and that's not what I asked you.

Lets see shall we?

Quote:
It's just bizarre.

Apparently this didn't just happen at UPENN - it happened, with the same script, to many other women's teams.

I'd really like to know who scripted this, and what power that entity has over all these people.

What other woman's teams?

No, you still cannot even prove what you said, I'm googling anything until you prove what you said, why is that so hard?

to many other women's teams.

Old 03-20-2022, 07:29 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, that's not you said and that's not what I asked you.

Lets see shall we?

What other woman's teams?

No, you still cannot even prove what you said, I'm googling anything until you prove what you said, why is that so hard?

to many other women's teams.
Harvard, for one, as I posted the link.

I'm not going to chew your food for you, chucksnee.

If you are unable to figure out how to google your question, well, I provided a link that stated that there was at least one other school that was given the same message.

Fight your way out of a wet paper bag and answer your questions yourself.

Old 03-20-2022, 08:09 PM

1,719 posts, read 732,109 times
Quote:
They have said, through anonymous sources, that they will lose their scholarships and never swim for a college again if they express any disapproval.

Their mothers wrote an open letter, but also didn't sign it for just that reason, decrying this practice of having a man on the team.

They need to figure out who is wielding all this power over all of them, and out him/her, and end this nonsense.
Oh, I'm not criticizing these young women or their mothers at all. I greatly pity them and understand why they don't want to lose their scholarships.

I'm critical of women in general who protect and pander to "trans women" over real women, just to be politically correct.

Old 03-20-2022, 09:03 PM

29,520 posts, read 22,668,047 times
So Thomas finished in last place in HIS final NCAA race.

Many people, including myself, believe he bombed the race intentionally. I mean, it's so obvious, to go from winning a longer race to finishing last in a shorter one, come on. Exact same thing that hubbard guy did at the olympics.

Perhaps in his deluded mind, Thomas thought that the crowd and the media would be fawning over him and his 'courage.' Instead, after his first win, he watched as some in the crowd booed him and the other female competitors deliberately ostracized him on the victory podium. Even he had to realize what a circus he caused, and thankfully he had some ounce of shame left.

Old 03-20-2022, 09:39 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
They have said, through anonymous sources, that they will lose their scholarships and never swim for a college again if they express any disapproval.

Their mothers wrote an open letter, but also didn't sign it for just that reason, decrying this practice of having a man on the team.

They need to figure out who is wielding all this power over all of them, and out him/her, and end this nonsense.
I agree, but other women who are feminists activist should be speaking up for them but are strangely silent. I take that back one is, I wish I remember her name, but so far she is the only one.

Old 03-21-2022, 04:16 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,301,646 times
Quote:
It's just bizarre.

Apparently this didn't just happen at UPENN - it happened, with the same script, to many other women's teams.

I'd really like to know who scripted this, and what power that entity has over all these people.
No, not many. There have only been 3 trans female athletes in NCAA they have won anything of significance.
The other two besides Thomas drew a much smaller back-lash. The vast majority of trans females in women's NCAA sports have only competed in Div 3. D3 meaning not good enough for D2 or D1. Those were instances were advantages were completely mitigated through HRT.

Of the three who have won (Thomas, Eastwood and Telfer) all had one thing in common. They started their college athletics as men.

Old 03-21-2022, 04:22 AM

26,500 posts, read 15,084,039 times
The transgender population is growing so more women will be displaced from sports and other women spheres.

Old 03-21-2022, 08:26 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,301,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The transgender population is growing so more women will be displaced from sports and other women spheres.
Based on the new rules issued by USA Swimming, which are much stricter then the current NCAA generic policy, it will be nearly impossible for a trans female to qualify to compete against women.

Most likely they will be given two choices;
Participate under the women's umbrella without competing against the women, or compete against the men.

As for the latter, todays young athletes (all sports) are pretty empathetic and supportive of the trans community, and the men would have very little problem with a team-mate whom identifies as trans on their team as long as they can play. For the few that would, they deal with it or get out of sports.

Old 03-21-2022, 08:27 AM

30,374 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
A swimmer who competed as a male in the past is now swimming in female competitions after taking hormone therapy:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ead-rival.html

"A trans swimmer and senior at the University of Pennsylvania, who previously spent three years competing as a man, smashed two US records while competing at a weekend contest, sparking fresh claims of unfairness.

On Sunday, Lia Thomas, 22, put in an astounding performance at the Zippy Invitational Event in Akron, Ohio, that saw her finish the 1,650 yard freestyle 38 seconds ahead of her teammate Anna Sofia Kalandaze."

Lia Thomas used to be Will Thomas. Is this fair? Women are starting to complaint that this is a disgrace to women's sports.
The best woman for the job, is a man.

Old 03-21-2022, 08:31 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Based on the new rules issued by USA Swimming, which are much stricter then the current NCAA generic policy, it will be nearly impossible for a trans female to qualify to compete against women.

Most likely they will be given two choices;
Participate under the women's umbrella without competing against the women, or compete against the men.

As for the latter, todays young athletes (all sports) are pretty empathetic and supportive of the trans community, and the men would have very little problem with a team-mate whom identifies as trans on their team as long as they can play. For the few that would, they deal with it or get out of sports.
Until the first lawsuit, and they will fold like a cheap card table.

These girls have effectively destroyed female sports by not speaking out and they are too stupid to realize it.

This will have permanent ramifications.

This was just a skirmish. The war is ON. And we all know who will win. Lie-ah Thomas is the first shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies