Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2022, 09:36 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
College sports industry-- you mean swimming or all college sports?

Read the post again...the poster was telling women why they should be upset.

That is mansplaining.

I do believe there is much 'work' to be done for sporting groups to manage the transgender issue -- particularly for transgenders competing in female sports.

But I don't need someone telling women who compete in those sports what it means for them. They know.
There is no such thing as "mansplaining."

--said the female

Yeah, they know. That's why we haven't heard a peep from them.

Old 03-19-2022, 09:42 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,921,702 times
Quote:
Nothing like a man telling women what cancels them. But thanks for mansplaining why women should be upset about this.
Someone had to explain it, obviously the college officials and the woke crowd needed someone to explain that women are at a disadvantage competing against a biological male. I would say the poster was validating their feelings

Mansplaining is a sexist term against males when feminists don’t like what they say or to mock the males opinions

Old 03-19-2022, 09:50 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,089,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
One man has single handedly destroyed an entire college sports industry.

That's not "mansplaining" that's FACT.

And he is apparently set on the 2024 Olympics, so ladies, say goodbye to that gold medal you've worked 15 years to have a shot at.

It already has it's owner. /shrug/
No, it hasn't. College sports is pretty much Football, Basketball and honorable mention baseball. All other sports lurk in the dark. Football (#1) and Basketball (2) pretty much are the college sports industry.

Old 03-19-2022, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
No, it hasn't. College sports is pretty much Football, Basketball and honorable mention baseball. All other sports lurk in the dark. Football (#1) and Basketball (2) pretty much are the college sports industry.
So what you are saying is one man did NOT destroy a female college sport?

Old 03-19-2022, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Someone had to explain it, obviously the college officials and the woke crowd needed someone to explain that women are at a disadvantage competing against a biological male. I would say the poster was validating their feelings

Mansplaining is a sexist term against males when feminists don’t like what they say or to mock the males opinions
Agree 100%. Said the female.

Old 03-19-2022, 09:56 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post

Sure that's how men explain mansplaining.

Old 03-19-2022, 10:02 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
College sports industry-- you mean swimming or all college sports?

Read the post again...the poster was telling women why they should be upset.

That is mansplaining.

I do believe there is much 'work' to be done for sporting groups to manage the transgender issue -- particularly for transgenders competing in female sports.

But I don't need someone telling women who compete in those sports what it means for them. They know.
Men, who also happen to be brothers, fathers, husbands, sons, boyfriends, etc. are very much allowed to have opinions too.

Last edited by MissTerri; 03-19-2022 at 10:11 AM..

Old 03-19-2022, 10:10 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Nothing like a man telling women what cancels them. But thanks for mansplaining why women should be upset about this.
BTW, as a women, I agree the woke crowd are trying to cancel women and I also wonder why women’s organizations seem complicit. Planned Parenthood put out an article recently that referred to women as “bodies with vulvas” another women’s organization referred to us as birthing people and talked about the benefits of chest feeding. I saw an ad for a women’s product that referred to as as bleeders.

It seems that the word, “women” has become taboo. Why? And why are any women, especially women’s organizations going along with this?

Old 03-19-2022, 10:40 AM

29,520 posts, read 22,668,047 times
It's so obvious HE deliberately bombed out in the 200M race.

Clearly his narcissistic self overestimated the amount of 'love' and support he'd get during these competitions. When he saw how the crowd refused to be woke and how stupid the whole thing was, he simply gave up on his circus.

It's the exact same reason why that weightlifter Hubbard deliberately bombed out in the Olympics. They realized the general public has a limit, thank goodness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebibla1gDQg

Old 03-19-2022, 10:52 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,220,137 times
I'm not one of those doomsayers that maintains that biological women's sports is headed for a dead end, but it does look to be impacted by transgender athletes. I feel sorry for the first bio girl that loses a scholarship because of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies