Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2022, 06:08 PM

1,719 posts, read 732,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
So you honestly believe that Thomas would inject himself with Testosterone suppression drugs and the stigma that goes with just to say he is a winner against the girls? You think that was also the case with all the other trans females that competed in college sports, mostly whom have won nothing?
Get real, please!
He didn't say he is a winner against girls, he IS largely a winner against girls.

What stigma?

As far as the other fake females, I don't know. I'd have to read about them, case by case.

There are lots of reasons for these men to do this: to win or do better at sports by competing with women, for attention and fame, for opportunities to intrude upon women's private spaces, to satisfy their fevered imaginations that they're really women, etc., etc.

I am real. I don't delude myself that these men are women. And I won't pretend to go along with their delusions.

Old 02-05-2022, 06:28 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,301,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
He didn't say he is a winner against girls, he IS largely a winner against girls.

What stigma?

As far as the other fake females, I don't know. I'd have to read about them, case by case.

There are lots of reasons for these men to do this: to win or do better at sports by competing with women, for attention and fame, for opportunities to intrude upon women's private spaces, to satisfy their fevered imaginations that they're really women, etc., etc.

I am real. I don't delude myself that these men are women. And I won't pretend to go along with their delusions.
I can't even begin to answer that. I suggest you read up on the lives of those that live as transgender. The dysphoria, bullying, discrimination etc etc etc. No one would put themselves through for the sake of sports.

We can have the discussion on how best to include trans females in sports without taking away from the women, but the rest of what I am reading here is pure bull.

Old 02-05-2022, 07:16 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,921,702 times
Quote:
I can't even begin to answer that. I suggest you read up on the lives of those that live as transgender. The dysphoria, bullying, discrimination etc etc etc. No one would put themselves through for the sake of sports.

We can have the discussion on how best to include trans females in sports without taking away from the women, but the rest of what I am reading here is pure bull.
They may identify as a woman, but their body is a biological male and always will be. They have no place in women’s sports and I say the same thing about women who identify as a man, they are biologically female and always will be

Old 02-05-2022, 07:33 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,249,258 times
Quote:
the stigma that goes with
Are you kidding? Transgender people are currently the most protected minority in America right now. JK Rowling or Dave Chappelle acknowledging basic biology gets them labeled transphobic bigots. Look at how much UPenn is doing to protect Thomas's feelings at the expense of an entire team of biological women.

Old 02-05-2022, 07:40 PM

1,434 posts, read 668,263 times
Yeah why isn't the whole world obligated to play along with my fantasies? What makes your sex transfer fantasy so damn special? Get your own team.

Last edited by Sonny3; 02-05-2022 at 07:49 PM..

Old 02-05-2022, 08:47 PM

Quote:

Reread my post #422. I gave four reasons why someone would do this. Three of those reasons had nothing to do with sports.

So-called "trans" people are presently coddled and cossetted for their beliefs, even though most people think those beliefs are the result of troubled psyches. Furthermore, "trans" people cry discrimination, transphobia, and the like at the drop of a hat if anyone doesn't agree with their beliefs.

LOTS of athletes put themselves through grueling, punishing behavior to attain their goals. There's nothing new about that. Think of all the football players that got their brains knocked out. Or race jockeys with broken backs, necks, and limbs.

As far as "trans" people in sports, there's a simple, easy solution:

Sports competitions for men
Sports competitions for women
Sports competitions for "trans" men
Sports competitions for "trans" women

See? An even playing field for each group of people.

Of course you think what I wrote was pure bull -- because I refuse to pretend that this man (Thompson) is a woman.

I've lived too long to go along with this latest social hogwash.

Next it will be "furries" demanding that people believe they're really dogs or seals.

Last edited by Bentonite; 02-05-2022 at 08:51 PM.. Reason: Left out #422.

Old 02-06-2022, 06:03 AM

6,473 posts, read 6,681,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
I think he's faking it so he can win on a women's team.

I don't think he's doing it to ogle his teammates. It's just as easy to go to a girly bar and do that. But I do think he's exposing himself and ogling the teammates as a side perk to winning races, laughing all the while.

Plus, look at all the attention he's getting.

Meanwhile, some people defend his atrocious behavior because they're so desperate to prove they're not bigoted.

Guess I must be a bigot. That's fine with me. I think he's a thoroughly obnoxious jerk. And a predator.

Years from now, people will lump this mass insanity along with the Salem witch trials and the dancing plague of 1518
Can't rep you again, but you nailed it.

Old 02-06-2022, 06:28 AM

3,226 posts, read 1,607,268 times
Interesting website…

https://boysvswomen.com

Basically 14-15 year old boys will defeat world record or gold medal women athletes in just about any sport.

Long distance marathon seems to be the only exception.

Old 02-06-2022, 02:27 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,786,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
Interesting website…

https://boysvswomen.com

Basically 14-15 year old boys will defeat world record or gold medal women athletes in just about any sport.

Long distance marathon seems to be the only exception.
This isn’t obscure information.
This obviously demonstrates the benefits of male puberty in athletic performance.
These are permanent physiological changes in heart and lung capacity,muscle mass and bone density.
Unfortunately most young modern women will NEVER acknowledge men are athletically SUPERIOR.
It makes them feel bad or whatever.
They would rather trans women dominate than acknowledge physiological differences post pubescent humans

Old 02-06-2022, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
This isn’t obscure information.
This obviously demonstrates the benefits of male puberty in athletic performance.
These are permanent physiological changes in heart and lung capacity,muscle mass and bone density.
Unfortunately most young modern women will NEVER acknowledge men are athletically SUPERIOR.
It makes them feel bad or whatever.
They would rather trans women dominate than acknowledge physiological differences post pubescent humans
I don't know how many young women today think that men are not athletically superior to women, but if they do think that, they get to get over it. Most men are taller, bigger, and have more brute force strength than women, thus their greater success in football and wrestling. There's nothing wrong with that. Most women are more flexible and balanced than men, thus their greater success in gymnastics, ice skating, and ballet. There's nothing wrong with that.

This "we're all the same" nonsense needs to stop. It's just another foolish flight of fancy created by people with nothing better to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies