Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do Euro-Californians need a specialized housing program to offset the decline?
Yes 15 28.85%
Just build for housing 3 5.77%
No handouts period 27 51.92%
Other or unsure 7 13.46%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 12:05 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
I can poll up a census map and show countless examples of places in California that were majority White 20 years ago but whose school districts are now down to 10-20% White.
Quote:
White Californians are used to a higher, but declining, quality of life but need to start demanding more from the State. Even wealthy White areas are experiencing population decline and ageing.
Yes. Neighborhoods change. Nothing new about that.

What is it you expect the state to do for these people who are used to a higher quality of life than they have now? Why should the state be responsible for maintaining some artificially defined lifestyle? For anyone?

The state and feds already have many programs to help people in poverty. But I don't think those are the people you are talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2021, 12:23 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,464,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The White population in California is in decline. So is the Black population. And Blacks, relative to Whites, are poorer. I don't see Stark calling for specialized subsidies for Black Californians. Sounds more like white nationalism propaganda.
Blacks are declining but they could recruit new immigrants from Africa or the Caribbean to offset the decline, a luxury that Whites don't have.

Stark describes himself as a Centrist not Alt-Right:

"I am a Radical Centrist, with my own dissident center brand, that is beyond the left and right. I am very passionate about California issues, proposing out of the box solutions to address the unique needs of Californians."

He says all groups should pursue specialized plans:

"It is fair to say that I want to help White Californians, especially the younger generations, in part because that is my group, but Asian, Latino, Indigenous, and Black Californians should also lobby for their own specialized housing platinum plans."

https://robertstark.substack.com/p/l...y-the-yimby-to

Old 12-14-2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Yes. Neighborhoods change. Nothing new about that.

What is it you expect the state to do for these people who are used to a higher quality of life than they have now? Why should the state be responsible for maintaining some artificially defined lifestyle? For anyone?

The state and feds already have many programs to help people in poverty. But I don't think those are the people you are talking about.

If you go to other parts of the world, including Europe but even poorer countries, the same family lines have lived in the same areas for centuries. America has become way too nomadic to build healthy communities.

Old 12-14-2021, 12:34 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,762 times
Quote:
Blacks are declining but they could recruit new immigrants from Africa or the Caribbean to offset the decline, a luxury that Whites don't have.

Stark describes himself as a Centrist not Alt-Right:

"I am a Radical Centrist, with my own dissident center brand, that is beyond the left and right. I am very passionate about California issues, proposing out of the box solutions to address the unique needs of Californians."

He says all groups should pursue specialized plans:

"It is fair to say that I want to help White Californians, especially the younger generations, in part because that is my group, but Asian, Latino, Indigenous, and Black Californians should also lobby for their own specialized housing platinum plans."

https://robertstark.substack.com/p/l...y-the-yimby-to
you're praying at the altar of a California New Age (substack) blogger who has 4 likes for his week-old "White Millenials" blog post and a whopping 2,100 people who follow his Twitter.

Old 12-14-2021, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
you're praying at the altar of a California New Age (substack) blogger who has 4 likes for his week-old "White Millenials" blog post and a whopping 2,100 people who follow his Twitter.
We are in a psychological and spiritual crisis. California could use a spiritual guru who understands the state's politics and sociological demographics but isn't some bull****ter Tony Robbins type.

Old 12-14-2021, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossCT View Post
This is obviously a great idea. I'd support it. Housing is simply unaffordable for young people in many areas. And Euro Californians are now a minority in the state.

An alternative, perhaps more amenable to conservatives, might be to ban foreigners and large corporations from buying real estate, especially residential housing. And a typical left-wing alternative would be something like considering housing a human right and have the state provide universal free housing.
Yes, California's Democratic leadership expects Whites to except becoming a minority without demanding the perks that minorities get. Whites must co-opt the dialect of the left.

Old 12-14-2021, 05:12 PM

2,367 posts, read 909,441 times
Quote:
The Russian community in LA has actually decline demographically and due to assimilation. What about those whose ancestors came from England and Holland in the 18th Century, Ireland, Scandinavia, and Germany in the 19th Century, or Poland and Italy in the early 20th Century?
Also doing well generally, as far as I know.

Old 12-14-2021, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
Also doing well generally, as far as I know.
We will find out when the census releases a breakdown by ancestry.

Old 12-17-2021, 12:17 PM

NIMBYs: The Real Culprit in California’s “Great Replacement”

https://robertstark.substack.com/p/n...in-californias

Old 12-23-2021, 10:58 AM

This is the reality in California:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
To understand the San Mateo public school enrollment trend, one should examine a broader picture of California's demographic trends. "Domestic migration" patterns are more revealing, than overall population. The post above focuses solely upon total population, which masks what is actually occurring.

California's "domestic migration" counts U.S. residents moving out of the state, & U.S. residents from other states moving into an area. Scroll down to the 3rd chart, and read the last paragraph below it. The dark Blue bars below the zero line shows the Millions of Californians that have left the state since 1992:

https://www.ppic.org/blog/california...lation-growth/

This article also shows massive Cali resident outflows, & large international immigration:

https://lao.ca.gov/laoecontax/article/detail/265

California doesn't have an exodus of humans, but it IS having an exodus of Californians...especially Whites.

6.1M Californians have left from 2010 to 2020, & the trend is increasing. That is 16%+ in just 10 years:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-time-n1266740

So, 1 in 6 Californians left the state in the last 10 years, & the outbound flow is quickening.

An exodus is a "mass departure of people", so is 1 in 6 a mass departure? Compared to other states, Cali's domestic migration trend is not favorable.

White Cali residents are leaving in large numbers, & they are being replaced by international immigrants...this is reflected in the San Mateo enrollment. This began long before Covid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies