Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2021, 07:26 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,172,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
The very fact Trump would not release his returns when every other previous presidential candidate did? That alone is a huge warning klaxon!

Even assuming (generously) he did not do anything illegal, his tax returns would still show that he's not as successful a businessman as he blovatingly brags about. IOW, proof positive that even in business he's only a minor winner at best, if not an outright loser. Since that's a big part of his image among his base, that'd prove he's blow-hard bragging is just that - bragging without substance!!
He has nothing to proof to you or anyone.

And more importantly, he chose not to releases his return and it is not against the law.

It is like when polices ask to come into your home and you refuse their request. If you have nothing to hide or not break the law, then you would allow the police to come in. No, I don't have to.

Old 12-16-2021, 07:28 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,084,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I don't, personally. Not my job to have it. All I have to go on is his track record of fraud and thievery over the years, the tidbits have been leaked out to the public through the media by the investigators, and his apparent terror at having any information about his contacts, his conduct, or his business come under scrutiny. Makes a normal person wonder what it is that sets him on edge if he's as innocent as he claims.

Exactly what "fraud and thievery" has Trump been convicted of over the years?

Old 12-16-2021, 07:37 PM

1,709 posts, read 805,913 times
Quote:
That's why the subpoena for his tax returns. Sooner or later the investigators will get them, and either he will be clean or dirty.

If he's clean, he's going to an awful lot of trouble and expense to keep people from finding it out.
Maybe there is a lot of proprietary information in the returns that are completely legal but give business competitors an unfair business advantage.

Maybe write a search warrant with specific illegal information expected to be found..

In THIS COUNTRY you can't just go in looking for something/anything hoping to find something incriminating. It isn't the way we work, normally.

Old 12-16-2021, 07:38 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,196,660 times
Quote:
I don't, personally. Not my job to have it. All I have to go on is his track record of fraud and thievery over the years, the tidbits have been leaked out to the public through the media by the investigators, and his apparent terror at having any information about his contacts, his conduct, or his business come under scrutiny. Makes a normal person wonder what it is that sets him on edge if he's as innocent as he claims.
“Apparent” doesn’t equal facts/proof.

When has he been charged with fraud and thievery over the years?

Old 12-16-2021, 07:44 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,183,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Exactly what "fraud and thievery" has Trump been convicted of over the years?
Trump University, the Veteran's charity he started in 2016, and the children's cancer charity, for openers.

Michael Cohen has predicted a lot of what we have seen happen already, and he has made the statement several times that New York has more than enough evidence already to indict Trump. Considering his position in all of this, I believe him.

Old 12-16-2021, 07:55 PM

33,322 posts, read 12,505,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Fact, he is still a private citizen, now. What he gained while he was our president after the fact has nothing to do with what you say, if so, then executive privilege would still be there, yes?

Fact, they can also deny it.

Good for you, you understand.

Why would the IRS not come after him for all these millions of dollars, all the while ole' sleepy joe want to add THOUSANDS of new irs folks to go after people like you and me, or at least check to make sure we paid out taxes?

He's not a public figure anymore, he is a private citizen, no matter what he is given after his presidency.

He's not currently a public employee, but he's been a public figure for over 40 years.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:02 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
He's not currently a public employee, but he's been a public figure for over 40 years.
But private now. If we use that criteria, then "whoever" is a public figure, should be asked to show everything, right? Including every congress person once they retire, all actors, including the hollywood lefties, those are all public figures.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:05 PM

Quote:
O.K., tell us why they are still needed then? If you can provide anything other than, because he said he would. remember maddow said he had his returns and turns out trump was paying taxes....
This might help.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/09/ny-a...tax-fraud.html

Old 12-16-2021, 08:07 PM

Quote:
But private now. If we use that criteria, then "whoever" is a public figure, should be asked to show everything, right? Including every congress person once they retire, all actors, including the hollywood lefties, those are all public figures.
Only those seeking positions of public trust need to be required to be vetted.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:09 PM

831 posts, read 332,778 times
Pure political persecution. Its NONE of ANYONE'S business what anyone else's taxes look like. This is PURELY political and I hope once we retake the congress its payback time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies