Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2021, 07:55 AM

5,349 posts, read 3,231,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
I remember when folks believed media reports that he only paid $750 in income tax not long ago, lol.
LOL or the people who believed he was under the world's longest IRS audit.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:01 AM

23,597 posts, read 17,275,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't think there's anything illegal in his returns.

But there's something he's trying very very hard to hide.

Likely, he's not nearly as wealthy as he pretends to be, and likely he's got a lot of unprofitable ventures that are losing money to the tune that he's vulnerable financially, and likely he pays way fewer taxes than most would believe.

Here's what you have to know; there's a REASON he's fought so hard to keep this a secret. Once you accept that, that there's something there he doesn't want the public to know about, then your imagination can wander around guessing at what that might be.
Could it be that We all know, as does Trump, that his tax returns are intended to be the source of a treasure trove of obscure, misinterpreted, twisted, media frenzy doomsday predictions and year long useless investigations intended to destroy Trump as a 2024 candidate.

Look what the media and dems did with Trump's Charlotte speech, imagine what they could do for some uber complex tax return info.

Trump slips going down a ramp and the media and dems go berserk suggesting Trump is deteriorating physically and mentally before our very eyes. My goodness, get him out of office or the safety of our country will be in peril.

Now imagine the duration and intensity of speculation when a decimal is found to be out of place!

the real concern is the motivation of the democrat insurrectionists continuing their strategy of invalidate and destroy a political opponent instead of using argument and discussion of policy to win the day.

The dems consider Trump to be an existential crisis, life and death!

Old 12-16-2021, 08:05 AM

1,108 posts, read 531,023 times
i would like to see Clara's returns too - see if she is hiding something -

this is a slippery slope and i for one dont think we should be able to see them-some things need to be private

Old 12-16-2021, 08:17 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,262,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
So if there's anything actually illegal in his returns, why hasn't the IRS already done that?

They don't need Congress or a public release of his returns to do that.
The IRS would not see the opposing documents as part of his tax return.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
They’re your assumptions, and still without proof, much like your prediction that he’ll be indicted within 15 days, lol.
You are the one claiming to know enough about those assumptions to know how they came by them, and to know that they are not true.

All I'm looking for is clarification and information so I can be as smart as you. Do you have any info, or are you just blowing smoke again...?

Old 12-16-2021, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't think there's anything illegal in his returns.

But there's something he's trying very very hard to hide.

Likely, he's not nearly as wealthy as he pretends to be, and likely he's got a lot of unprofitable ventures that are losing money to the tune that he's vulnerable financially, and likely he pays way fewer taxes than most would believe.

Here's what you have to know; there's a REASON he's fought so hard to keep this a secret. Once you accept that, that there's something there he doesn't want the public to know about, then your imagination can wander around guessing at what that might be.
Probably a quite accurate assessment. He is trying to avoid severe embarrassment, since the returns would contradict his bragging. His narcissism would never allow him to be proven wrong about anything. It's astounding that so many people including a few on this board think he is infallible just because he told them that he is.

The narcissism is the reason he can't let his trouncing in the 2020 election go and move on. He's a sick individual.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:26 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,253,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You are the one claiming to know enough about those assumptions to know how they came by them, and to know that they are not true.

All I'm looking for is clarification and information so I can be as smart as you. Do you have any info, or are you just blowing smoke again...?
Nah, I just know hope and wishful thinking doesn’t work as we’ve seen for the last 4+ years. I also know you continue to assume and predict he’s going to be indicted.

You’ll never get that smart, but if you set aside the angst you may be able to see things more clearly.

I know he won’t be indicted as you predicted, and I know he told folks to go home and they did.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:27 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 19 days ago)

35,670 posts, read 18,040,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by done working View Post
i would like to see Clara's returns too - see if she is hiding something -

this is a slippery slope and i for one dont think we should be able to see them-some things need to be private
He's the first modern president not to willingly turn over his tax returns.

I know a lot of people are invested in pretending there's nothing to see here, and frankly, I'm not sure why Congress has the right to them at this point, but I DO know there's something in there that he's very focused on hiding.

And that behavior is as tantalizing as a whisper.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Again......

Why do you care?
Why do you post here if you don't? If you didn't care you would be out walking your dog or playing golf or something.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:29 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 19 days ago)

35,670 posts, read 18,040,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Why do you post here if you don't? If you didn't care you would be out walking your dog or playing golf or something.
touché
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies