Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2021, 09:45 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,618,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
LOL or the people who believed he was under the world's longest IRS audit.

I guess it's nice that you're not defending him on that but it's sad, and a reflection upon you, that you don't care/think it's funny that he lied.

Old 12-16-2021, 09:47 AM

18,473 posts, read 7,120,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Because I'm very interested in politics. And I'm curious as hell what it is he's keeping from all of us.

Are you not curious? If it turns out he has to release his returns, you'll skip on past the US News article that summarizes the findings?

Um hm.

I'm no more interested in Trump's taxes than I am in Biden's.

Other people's tax returns are none of my business

Trump isn't the President anymore, so that makes it even more irrelevant.

Old 12-16-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
He's the first modern president not to willingly turn over his tax returns.

I know a lot of people are invested in pretending there's nothing to see here, and frankly, I'm not sure why Congress has the right to them at this point, but I DO know there's something in there that he's very focused on hiding.

And that behavior is as tantalizing as a whisper.

And the motivations behind those who are demanding to see them are equally suspicious to his wanting to keep them secret.

Only he has the right to privacy on his side.

Dems have a hard time trying to justify a "compelling public interest" in forcing his returns to be public.

"He said he would" and "everyone else does it" aren't a good enough reason to violate someone's right to privacy.

Old 12-16-2021, 10:19 AM

37,282 posts, read 19,282,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
I care about politicians - in this case Democrats - weaponizing the criminal justice system and distracting the uninformed public (again, Dems) with an endless stream of red herrings in order to avoid doing their actual jobs. You should care as well. Not sure why you don't.
I can't respond since you were not at all clear what you are referring to. Try it again without all the broad brush generalizations.

Old 12-16-2021, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
There's a lot of topics in politics that I care about.

Trump's taxes aren't one of them.

His taxes are none of my business.....

No more than yours are.

So, again....stop deflecting and tell us why you and the Democrats in Congress care so much about seeing Trump's taxes.
Personally, I don't. I do, however, think that since they were requested as part of a criminal investigation, there should be no choice in the matter to release them to the investigators. If there is no problem with them, he is exonerated and everyone moves on.

That begs the question of why he would fight so hard to keep them out of the hands of the investigators.

Old 12-16-2021, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
And the motivations behind those who are demanding to see them are equally suspicious to his wanting to keep them secret.

Only he has the right to privacy on his side.

Dems have a hard time trying to justify a "compelling public interest" in forcing his returns to be public.

"He said he would" and "everyone else does it" aren't a good enough reason to violate someone's right to privacy.
He may owe millions of dollars in taxes due to fraud. That is money he has stolen from you and me, who have to make up the difference. That seems pretty compelling to me. If you want to support him financially, send him a check. Just don't expect a "thank you" card.

Old 12-16-2021, 10:35 AM

9,552 posts, read 4,379,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I can't respond since you were not at all clear what you are referring to. Try it again without all the broad brush generalizations.
Do you know what a red herring is?
From the Mirriam-Webster dictionary: : something that distracts attention from the real issue

Recent red-herrings propagated by Democrats:
The war on women
Gun control
Police "slaughter" of unarmed Black men

None are real issues, but it helps keep the drooling, uneducated Dem masses from noticing that Dem leadership is spending the country into oblivion, have escalated racial divisiveness to unprecedented levels, have created a huge increase in crime, etc., etc. Is that clear enough?

Old 12-16-2021, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Personally, I don't. I do, however, think that since they were requested as part of a criminal investigation, there should be no choice in the matter to release them to the investigators. If there is no problem with them, he is exonerated and everyone moves on.

That begs the question of why he would fight so hard to keep them out of the hands of the investigators.

So you're all in favor of a politically motivated investigation in search of a crime.

As opposed to an investigation INTO a crime.

Gotcha.

(That's called a witch hunt BTW).

Old 12-16-2021, 10:54 AM

Quote:
He may owe millions of dollars in taxes due to fraud. That is money he has stolen from you and me, who have to make up the difference. That seems pretty compelling to me. If you want to support him financially, send him a check. Just don't expect a "thank you" card.

That's the IRS's job.

Not mine.

Not yours.

Not Congress's.

And do you really think that the IRS hasn't already gone over his taxes with a microscope and a fine tooth comb?

Old 12-16-2021, 11:03 AM

4,182 posts, read 4,899,719 times
Quote:
You keep wishing your Orange Savior is innocent. Everything will be fine if you can just whistle long enough to get past the graveyards of Cy Vance, Tish James, Fani Willis, and the 1/6 Commission.
Innocent of what charges..?? That's right..there are none. You and Tillman7 are cut from the same cloth... maybe even be the same person but both suffer from TDS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies