Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2021, 07:39 AM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If I did drugs I would ask for some of what you’re smoking.
That poster doesn't know what the heck he is talking about. We only need 1,000 miles of wall on the most porous areas of the border. The rest is nearly impassable terrain so fewer will try to enter through those areas and fewer will succeed. The Border Patrol can focus their efforts more in those areas. Once again, the good border walls have been 90% effective in deterring illegal entry. Why do they continue to ignore that? A 90% deterrant isn't good enough?

No, most illegals here were not visa over stayers they were border jumpers. The combined largest numbers of visa over stayers were from countries south of our border not Canada! He/she is the one that doesn't want facts but chooses to make crap up instead! Typical pro-illegal!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2021, 07:45 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Trump did fulfill his promise by building 450 miles of replacement and new walls. Where has that poster been not to know that or is he just in deep denial? Only 1,000 miles of wall on the most porous areas of the border is needed and Trump would have completed it if he had been re-elected. So again, WTH is that poster talking about?
That’s 125 miles of wall per Trump year. At that pace, it would take at least a decade to finish.

Most of the Texas border land is privately- owned and protracted legal battles have and will continue to ensue.

In the meantime, businesses and people economically engage undocumented people without consequence. So long as that persists, people will come.

Trump campaigned in 2015-6 on promises to build the wall and “Mexico was going to pay for it”.

His own businesses never bothered to run its own employees through eVerify.

Old 12-19-2021, 07:46 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Dupe

Old 12-19-2021, 07:48 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,311,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
You paying ? Because people get in just in other areas. I can tell you most illegals here are overstays and those that come from the Canadian borders. But you don’t want facts.
the problem here is, you're perpetuating a narrative that has no proof. Yes, certain "pro-illegal" orgs have proclaimed that since the annual report of visa overstays is ~ 1MM overstays, and (at the time) apprehensions were just under 1MM, that "the majority (51%+) of illegals are actually visa overstays".

However, it's never been claimed nor certainly shown that visa overstays are cumulative. The VOR is a snapshot at ~October 1st every year, and includes a notation that hundreds of thousands of Visa overstays are resolved by the end of the calendar year - that is, their extension application is approved or the visitor has left.

All the VOR does is say: we had these many people come in/present on visas in the last 12 months. As of this date, X number were supposed to leave but haven't. The single largest category is student visas.

Old 12-19-2021, 07:55 AM

24,001 posts, read 15,096,054 times
If ICE knew the correct number of overstays, seems like they could find enough to deport them.

Old 12-19-2021, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Biden seems to be going for employers who hire illegals. So far there have only been fines, which by the way, are negotiable. I know this for a fact. They cry can’t pay and lower the amount. Republicans hire more illegals than Dems. Yes, they own 70% of businesses. There are lobbyists paid by them fighting against mandatory E-verify which is a free service by DHS. I don’t want to hear the BS. Stop the jobs or have job visas and let them come work and start the process. Spend the money on the drug cartels. Oh that means deal with our druggie population, the consumers. We can work on human trafficking next.
really? well, I guess "seems to be" is accurate, since the Biden Admin has some people believing they are stopping all the raids they HAD been doing and will now just focus on employers.

Given that by March, Biden/Mayorkas had forbidden ICE from any enforcement action except against recent arrivals and really really bad violent criminals/terrorists, the reality is

There have been few if any workplace raids and few if any workplace enforcements until this one under the "new" directive announced in October

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdga/pr...ral-indictment

This is the first one, against farm operations in Georgia and other states.

24 people charged
5 of them were illegally here (and not charged for being illegal, charged with running the forced labor)
15 others with Hispanic names, so who knows whether all are native citizens, their parents are/were here legally, etc

and a grand total of 4 "evil white people taking advantage of the Hispanic slave labor"

Old 12-19-2021, 08:11 AM

5,072 posts, read 2,182,519 times
Others are always cleaning up the messes the democrats make

Old 12-19-2021, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Millions of illegals don't flood any border.

Hundreds of thousands maybe.

Here's my thing...if a wall was the answer why wouldn't the introduction of the wall Trump did get built end up in a drop in migration. Last year Trump saw record breaking surges --- even with the thread of wall, deportation, etc.

And yes this year has been even higher. Seems every year -- wall or no wall chatter, deportation or not.

And yes, this administration has not been anymore effective in curtailing the exponentially growing surges at the border.
pulled from thin air. "Last year" - 2020? "Record breaking surge"?

Old 12-19-2021, 08:21 AM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
I'd sure like to see a viable link verifying the claim that 70% of employers who have hired illegal aliens are Republicans. What utter nonsense. What difference does it make what party they are affiliated with anyway? Under Trump several employers were caught and held accountable. I have provided the links many times. He also reinstated the workplace raids that had been discontinued under Obama. He got nearly half of the wall built while Biden discontinued it.

I wonder why these pro-illegal only attack the employers but won't attack the illegals themselves for violating our immigration laws and taking jobs they aren't lawfully entitled to? It takes two to tango and they are both equally guilty of breaking the law! Many commit felony ID theft and or tax evasion to gain employment to.

Old 12-19-2021, 08:23 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,451,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Wasn't that Steve Bannon's job.
Or Mexico?
Oh yeah, Trump was going to build the wall.

I'm confused.
You'd think it would have been done years ago. Isn't it pretty much complete?

I mean we've been hearing about it for like 6 years.
So now your complaint is that the wall isn't being built fast enough? LOL.

Imagine the tsunami of hate and vitriol inside leftists right now who thought that beating Trump at the polls was going to forever nullify everything Americans value. LOL. I hope it burns them up.

This poster seems to be breaking down in real time as his mind snaps back to his conditioning to hate Trump, and by proxy, all those who voted for him. They hate us and I couldn't care less.

Thank you Joe Manchin. And also Kyrsten Sinema. Thank you for standing by your principles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies