Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2021, 08:25 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times

Advertisements

I’ll say it again..the Army should build a series of bases along the border and train soldiers there while patrolling the border. Would be a great place for soldiers of foreign wars to decompress before going home as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
The surges under Obama set records! Since the wall wasn't quite half built yet while Trump was in office it's likely that these illegals got into our country where the wall wasn't completed yet! Doesn't change the fact that where it was competed it was 90% effective, duh!

8,609 posts, read 2,311,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
That’s 125 miles of wall per Trump year. At that pace, it would take at least a decade to finish.

Most of the Texas border land is privately- owned and protracted legal battles have and will continue to ensue.

In the meantime, businesses and people economically engage undocumented people without consequence. So long as that persists, people will come.

Trump campaigned in 2015-6 on promises to build the wall and “Mexico was going to pay for it”.

His own businesses never bothered to run its own employees through eVerify.
^also an expert of just making up whatever you believe you may have heard at some point.

If an ICE officer were to walk into a meat-packing plant, and check identification, would that be legal? And would it have consequences for the employer and the illegal employee?

there were Trump businesses that did use e-Verify, and then there were businesses - primarily the golf courses - that had NOT been using it but started.

Trump, Inc were no saints on verifying the legality of its worker, let there be no doubt. And almost everyone that opposes illegal immigration is in favor of stricter enforcement and an improved e-Verify.

Old 12-19-2021, 08:27 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,311,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
If ICE knew the correct number of overstays, seems like they could find enough to deport them.
oh, they could. They always could. Of course, for the last 10 months, they've been prohibited from it.

The visa overstays are the easiest to get rid of for several reasons. If they really were that big of a problem, they'd be addressed.

Old 12-19-2021, 08:31 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,102,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I’ll say it again..the Army should build a series of bases along the border and train soldiers there while patrolling the border. Would be a great place for soldiers of foreign wars to decompress before going home as well.
I agree with you, I said for years when the drawdown of our presence in Europe was going on to place army units every so many miles along the border to work with the Border Patrol. I also said place them in the backwoods of Florida at every dirt landing strip that was carved out for the drug trade.

It doesn't have to be a decompression but a 6 month deployment similar like going out to sea for the Navy.

Old 12-19-2021, 08:46 AM

27,580 posts, read 28,687,607 times
When Biden said he was going to build back better, he should have been talking about the Wall.

Old 12-19-2021, 09:33 AM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Lol, I had to laugh at one of the above poster's ill informed remarks. First off Trump spent the first couple of years fighting the Democrats for the funds to build the wall. He ended up using defense funds instead.

Second, Mexico was never going to write a check for the wall but they were to help pay for it through tariffs. Every time the pro-illegals in here start with the "but I thought Mexico was going to pay for the wall" I come back with 700 miles of inferior fencing were built under Obama that were taxpayer funded where were their complaints back then about who pays for the wall?

Texas land owners just agreed to allow their governor to build the wall on their land.

No such thing as an undocumented they are illegal aliens but under Trump several employers were caught "knowingly" hiring illegal aliens and yes they were held accountable. I see, so if one is encouraged to break the law then it's only the encourager who is guilty but not the one who willingly and knowingly is an accomplice? Huh? Both the employers and the illegals are equally guilty! No one forces them over the border to work here they know full well they have no right to violate our immigration and labor laws!

All but Trump's golf courses were using e-verify and when it was discovered that some illegals had used fake our stolen documents to gain employment on them e-verify was implemented there to. Of course, the pro-illegals will never blame these illegal aliens for committing felony ID theft to gain employment, will they? Why the double standard?

Old 12-19-2021, 09:45 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Lol, I had to laugh at one of the above poster's ill informed remarks. First off Trump spent the first couple of years fighting the Democrats for the funds to build the wall. He ended up using defense funds instead.

Second, Mexico was never going to write a check for the wall but they were to help pay for it through tariffs. Every time the pro-illegals in here start with the "but I thought Mexico was going to pay for the wall" I come back with 700 miles of inferior fencing were built under Obama that were taxpayer funded where were their complaints back then about who pays for the wall?

Texas land owners just agreed to allow their governor to build the wall on their land.

No such thing as an undocumented they are illegal aliens but under Trump several employers were caught "knowingly" hiring illegal aliens and yes they were held accountable. I see, so if one is encouraged to break the law then it's only the encourager who is guilty but not the one who willingly and knowingly is an accomplice? Huh? Both the employers and the illegals are equally guilty! No one forces them over the border to work here they know full well they have no right to violate our immigration and labor laws!

All but Trump's golf courses were using e-verify and when it was discovered that some illegals had used fake our stolen documents to gain employment on them e-verify was implemented there to. Of course, the pro-illegals will never blame these illegal aliens for committing felony ID theft to gain employment, will they? Why the double standard?
The illegals can do whatever they want short of killing because they are playing with house money. Democrats are getting rich off them and playing them like tools for votes. The entire thing is disgusting.

Old 12-19-2021, 09:55 AM

24,003 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The illegals can do whatever they want short of killing because they are playing with house money. Democrats are getting rich off them and playing them like tools for votes. The entire thing is disgusting.
Could you please let me now the democrats getting rich off illegals? Just who are they and how are illegals enriching them? Inquiring minds need to know. Is it bleeding hearts America can save the world liberals? How?

Old 12-19-2021, 09:58 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
If that is what the voters of the state want, then they should decide what ever their priorities are.
It is just not the priority for the country and our current president.
Texas should absorb the cost if it matters to them so much.
Have at it.
In the end it will save the State money because they have been getting invaded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies