Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2021, 07:44 AM

4,951 posts, read 3,100,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by World_Travel_2011 View Post
The temporary measures line was always a bunch of bullcrap. They knew full well what the virus was going to do. So they used this virus to gain power that they never intended to ever give back.

Now that we all know we've been gamed, push back; I refuse to wear the face diaper barring medical facilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2021, 07:47 AM

17,838 posts, read 7,061,158 times
The libs will never willingly give up their binkies.

Old 12-20-2021, 07:50 AM

4,951 posts, read 3,100,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
This is exactly how I feel living in NY!

I can actually feel the boot on my face, as Orwell says. Except I feel it in my gut. I've never experienced this before as an American! I wake up every day wondering what decree will come down from on high and what fresh hell awaits.

These Covid mandates have been issued in bad faith, with little intention of giving them up. I fear blue states and certain industries like airlines will be masked forever, in some way.

Obscuring part of the human face that is responsible for emotion and universally understood micro-expressions that took aeons to evolve....what could possibly go wrong?

I wonder if we are curtailing empathy by doing this, especially in children?

Then why do you wear it?.
Take a stand.

Old 12-20-2021, 08:01 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,079,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
On my daily walks, I pick up trash with a litter grabbing tool. From the beginning, I should have tried counting the masks. I didn't because I kept thinking we wouldn't be masking forever. I pick up SO MANY masks. Never a day without a bunch of masks on the ground.
Yeah, masks are now the new cigarette butts.

Old 12-20-2021, 08:04 AM

8,973 posts, read 2,582,091 times
The fact that ANYONE still listens to the guy who helped cause this whole BS is ridiculous.

Old 12-20-2021, 08:58 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,621,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World_Travel_2011 View Post
Dr Fauci said today on ABC This Week that mask mandates on airplanes will never ever end. There will always be a requirement to wear a mask when flying. This also means that mask mandates will never end anywhere else that currently mandates them. If conditions are such that masks will always be needed on planes, those same conditions will exist in the world outside of planes. Indeed, the state of Oregon has already said they will make their mask mandate permanent.

I was laughed at by many when I said the mandates would never end. I was laughed at when I said that there would be no end to the vaccines. I was laughed at when I said the virus was never going to go away. I was laughed at when I said the virus and virus measures were a never ending loop.

The temporary measures line was always a bunch of bullcrap. They knew full well what the virus was going to do. So they used this virus to gain power that they never intended to ever give back.

It is insane that so many are blind to this. It is crystal clear to anyone with a functioning brain that nothing can be done to stop the virus.

At what point do liberals finally say enough is enough? We have had two years to get ourselves physically and mentally ready to have our meeting with the virus. Many already have had it and had it multiple times. It is beyond time to move on.
I guess you think people should stop wearing condoms because it's time to move on from AIDS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
The fact that ANYONE still listens to the guy who helped cause this whole BS is ridiculous.
He helped cause it by being overly lax on mask recommendations (and still is). If everyone started wearing N95s ASAP in 2020 then the pandemic would be long over.

Old 12-20-2021, 08:59 AM

8,434 posts, read 4,610,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
I guess you think people should stop wearing condoms because it's time to move on from AIDS?

He helped cause it by being overly lax on mask recommendations (and still is). If everyone started wearing N95s ASAP in 2020 then the pandemic would be long over.

Recommending wearing two masks is lax?

Old 12-20-2021, 09:01 AM

8,973 posts, read 2,582,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
LOL, I almost think you are truly naive enough to belive this. Almost.

Shocking that you'd think the solution would be more authoritarianism.....it's almost like people like you ALWAYS think the solution is more authoritarianism.

Old 12-20-2021, 09:02 AM

39,149 posts, read 51,440,315 times
Mandates will end but I hope the practice continues in the sense that you won't be looked at as some weirdo when wearing one. I swear every time I have flown prior to the mask protocol I ended up with a cold or some nagging virus. I know they say the air is pure in the plane so maybe I caught it at the hotel, in the airport, at restaurants, but still I don't trust that plane with people behind me and across from me hacking like they had TB or something.

Old 12-20-2021, 09:05 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,621,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Recommending wearing two masks is lax?
Wearing two masks is just stupid, you should wear one N95.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
LOL, I almost think you are truly naive enough to belive this. Almost.

Shocking that you'd think the solution would be more authoritarianism.....it's almost like people like you ALWAYS think the solution is more authoritarianism.
Forcing people to work through a deadly airborne pandemic is... not authoritarian, I guess?

I guess it's also authoritarian to force people to not buy rotten meat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies