Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2021, 09:36 AM

42,073 posts, read 75,552,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
It took less than a half a second on a search engine to find more links to this than fit on the screen. Look it up yourself if you question someone’s claim. That is the more appropriate way to address your questions than doing the internet equivalent of “Oh, yeah, says who?” Good grief.
Debate 101: If you introduce a topic or position into the debate, you must provide the evidence that defends your position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Yeah, masks are now the new cigarette butts.
Maybe try throwing them in the trash can instead of on the ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2021, 09:48 AM

4,951 posts, read 3,109,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Half the population will wear masks on planes as a matter of habit to protect their health, the other half will be crapping in each others' mouths and shouting FREEDUM.

Or, they could simply retrofit plane and building HVAC's with UVC and heat.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7112912/

Notice the date?, they've known this since 04'.

Old 12-20-2021, 09:48 AM

43,704 posts, read 18,731,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Debate 101: If you introduce a topic or position into the debate, you must provide the evidence that defends your position.

Maybe try throwing them in the trash can instead of on the ground.
OP did.."ABC This Week" with Fauci right in his first sentence.
First hit when put into google.

Old 12-20-2021, 09:51 AM

4,702 posts, read 5,026,925 times
Quote:
Wearing two masks is just stupid, you should wear one N95.

Forcing people to work through a deadly airborne pandemic is... not authoritarian, I guess?

I guess it's also authoritarian to force people to not buy rotten meat.
Correct. People, aside from a minority of neurotics, want to live their normal lives, because people aren't stupid, and they see the stratified risk profile of this virus. Forcing them into an abnormal state of affairs, especially one that is nearly all-encompassing and without anything approaching a credible exit strategy, absolutely is authoritarian.

Old 12-20-2021, 09:51 AM

43,704 posts, read 18,731,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Correct. People, aside from a minority of neurotics, want to live their normal lives, because people aren't stupid, and they see the stratified risk profile of this virus. Forcing them into abnormality is authoritarian.
It also shows that even filled up with mRNA shots they are still petrified of this virus.
What..they don't trust the vaccines that they are lining up to get every so many months ?

Old 12-20-2021, 09:55 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,624,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
How does cotton 'protect others?'
You shouldn't wear cotton you should wear an N95. If you want to know how it works go watch a YouTube explainer or something.

Quote:
People who don't wear fabric or paper over their mouth and noses don't qualify as sociopaths.

"A person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience."

Such a thing CAN happen if we continually disrupt a child's ability to read facial expressions, have normal social interactions, and to empathize during key developmental windows. Go on You Tube and look up the Still Face Experiment (Dr. Edward Tronick). Human beings need to see faces.

As adults, not seeing a human face is dehumanizing. It is why terrorists put people in hoods, why religious fanatics force women to cover their faces, why it actually used to be illegal to cover your face in public.

It is time to stop pretending masking is some kind of benign social practice.
Do you think parents have to wear masks at home with their kids or something? This is absurd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Wait wait wait... Wasn't the lefts answer to this: "You can choose to work somewhere that doesn't force you to work through a deadly airborne pandemic."

As an unvaccinated, why do I always have to leave and find new employment and the vaxxed get to stay?
That was the idiotic liberal answer. The "leftist" answer is general strike or revolution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
Or, they could simply retrofit plane and building HVAC's with UVC and heat.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7112912/

Notice the date?, they've known this since 04'.
Okay then do that (they won't do that)

Old 12-20-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
How does cotton 'protect others?'

Such a thing CAN happen if we continually disrupt a child's ability to read facial expressions, have normal social interactions, and to empathize during key developmental windows. Go on You Tube and look up the Still Face Experiment (Dr. Edward Tronick). Human beings need to see faces.

As adults, not seeing a human face is dehumanizing. It is why terrorists put people in hoods, why religious fanatics force women to cover their faces, why it actually used to be illegal to cover your face in public.

It is time to stop pretending masking is some kind of benign social practice.

I said the same 18 months ago, along with posting my last link on retrofitting every school to avoid masking.
Also, my point in prior posting to you was not meant to set you out in any way.
But rather to address our willingness to go along with rules we don't agree with; this only encourages incompetent politicians with an agenda to enact even more.
50% of the means in which humans communicate is non-verbal, through body language and facial expressions.

Old 12-20-2021, 10:00 AM

[quote=FrankMiller;62540664
Okay then do that (they won't do that)[/quote]

A government's own study proves it effective, and yet not in the recently passed infrastructure bill.
This is beyond incompetent, and further creates doubt of this entire pLandemic.

Old 12-20-2021, 10:03 AM

5,207 posts, read 1,807,565 times
Quote:
You shouldn't wear cotton you should wear an N95. If you want to know how it works go watch a YouTube explainer or something.

Do you think parents have to wear masks at home with their kids or something? This is absurd.

That was the idiotic liberal answer. The "leftist" answer is general strike or revolution.
Okay then do that (they won't do that)
Ah, so your plan is to put everyone from 2yrs and up in n95 masks in all public indoor situations?

And no, I don't think parents wear masks at home. I think kids, including babies, are in day care for 8+ hours a day with masked caregivers. Babysitters are required to mask in some homes, because it is common to make 'the help' mask up. School kids are in settings all day where everyone is masked. That is how it is here in NY for two years.

Old 12-20-2021, 10:06 AM

5,207 posts, read 1,807,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
I said the same 18 months ago, along with posting my last link on retrofitting every school to avoid masking.
Also, my point in prior posting to you was not meant to set you out in any way.
But rather to address our willingness to go along with rules we don't agree with; this only encourages incompetent politicians with an agenda to enact even more.
50% of the means in which humans communicate is non-verbal, through body language and facial expressions.
I started going bare-faced about 6 weeks ago. I was always against mandating anything, but I did wear n95s when I went to a crowded place.

At this point, I'm not wearing one because if people don't stop, the mandates will never stop. If they ask me to leave a store, I'll leave. I'm not interested in any kind of scene. I just want to breathe air and see faces again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies