Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2021, 06:15 PM

426 posts, read 178,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I know we have militias, always have. We have protestors from all over. On Jan 6th - the Proud Boys and QAnon and a few others showed their ugly heads with one agenda, to stop the seating of the new elected POTUS. The article below believes the next election not given to the Republicans, will be massive and much more organized. Is it possible or they just throwing out propaganda? What say you ?

Millions of Angry, Armed Americans Stand Ready to Seize Power If Trump Loses in 2024

https://www.newsweek.com/2021/12/31/...4-1660953.html
January 6 appears to be a coordinated effort by our very own DOJ, not the Proud Boys or Qanon as you allege.

https://www.revolver.news/2021/12/da...ors-january-6/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2021, 06:15 PM

35,738 posts, read 21,100,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Are you admitting defeat? And you know that the left has overstepped once again?

I mean, you are actually saying the left is done, and it's going to be a republican that wins.
No such thing. The article reads the republicans will be sorely mad if trump loses in 24 and respond with violence. It’s a hypothetical question as we don’t know if trump will even run. But my question is if republicans would even go to such extremes as the article states.

Old 12-20-2021, 06:17 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,508,953 times
Quote:
I know we have militias, always have. We have protestors from all over. On Jan 6th - the Proud Boys and QAnon and a few others showed their ugly heads with one agenda, to stop the seating of the new elected POTUS. The article below believes the next election not given to the Republicans, will be massive and much more organized. Is it possible or they just throwing out propaganda? What say you ?

Millions of Angry, Armed Americans Stand Ready to Seize Power If Trump Loses in 2024

1. I doubt that trump will actually run in 24

2. the end of our republic will be if the fascist liberals gain complete control

Old 12-20-2021, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soujouner View Post
January 6 appears to be a coordinated effort by our very own DOJ, not the Proud Boys or Qanon as you allege.

https://www.revolver.news/2021/12/da...ors-january-6/
I’m not going to agree with that. There are groups all over who play out their plans. This I saw 15 yrs working for DHS. Do some agencies have bad apples- absolutely.

Old 12-20-2021, 06:19 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,313,009 times
without reading the OP, the answer is yes, for "you people".

You all thought 2020 was "for the survival of democracy" for some reason. Even though authoritarianism has enjoyed much more usage in the last 12 months than the prior 4 years.

Old 12-20-2021, 06:21 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 8 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,605,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
I watched thousands of BLM and antifa militants burn, loot, murder, and terrorize millions of law abiding American citizens.

The democrat terrorist mob is far more dangerous to this country than the handful of wackos who are in these “far right” groups.
Your whataboutism is showing, and an irrelevant parallel besides.

BLM and Antifa didn't even bother to storm city halls, let alone the US Capitol and least of all to prevent certification of a major election. Overturning an election is a MUCH more serious matter than having hundreds of millions of dollars worth of property burn (especially if the insurance companies will cover it). Seriously, would you rather have a lot of businesses burn down or lose your right to a meaningful vote?

These "handful" of wackos are indeed far right. Look up Umberto Eco's Fourteen Points of Fascism. They qualify for most of those points. Besides, if the military and law enforcement aren't physicially stopping them to the extent that they stop ANTIFA and BLM, then it's fair to say there a bias favoring the Right Wing.

Also, if it had been BLM and ANTIFA marching on the Capitol if a Republican became president, they're would have been blood on the streets - with little to none on even the bottom steps of the Capitol. Not to mention armored personnel carriers spewing tear gas and live ammo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
You know your ilk will be sky screamers again... and use antifa to do their dirty work, when you lose in 2024. If this 'summer of love' repeats it's self, you may get what you most fear, angry armed Americans who will not put up with this anarchy.
Anarchy is the main goal of many players. But the elections is my question.

7,511 posts, read 4,361,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
1. I doubt that trump will actually run in 24

2. the end of our republic will be if the fascist liberals gain complete control
Finally someone gets it right!!!

Every time I hear the word "Democracy" I want to puke.

Old 12-20-2021, 06:24 PM

9,174 posts, read 13,268,294 times
Quote:

First, calm down. 2,000 people protesting at the Capitol out of a nation of 330,000,0000 is hardly a threat to democracy. It makes good cannon fodder for 24 hour left wing news networks but it is being grossly exaggerated. At least they are not calling it a "coup" anymore. That was rich.

Second, the Republicans will most likely take the White House in 2024. Hopefully that will lead to more people trusting the system again.

Old 12-20-2021, 06:26 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,313,009 times
Quote:

if you're reading Newsweek for anything beyond infotainment you're doing it wrong. And I subscribed to it back in the day, before they beat Monica to licking Clinton's balls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies