Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2021, 10:35 AM

19,860 posts, read 12,139,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
People who simp for authoritarianism are weird.
OP is retired fedgov, iirc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2021, 10:40 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,409,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
President Biden, I understand many people are choosing not to get the COVID vaccine.

However, my family and I would appreciate if you would implement a vaccine mandate for domestic travel.

While I understand some Americans are choosing not to get the COVID vaccine, my family and I, along with flight attendants and airport operators, should not be put at risk when traveling.
Dear Movin2Reston,

Senator Biden here. Just got off a hard day of long haul trucking in my 18 wheeler. I don't usually go online so would normally by completely unaware of anything in the outside world. However Jill she is my wife and I am her husband read this aloud to me on the Amtrak to Delaware. They call me Mister Amtrak, if you remember.

Anyway what were we... oh yes planes and vaccinations. The federal government has no place in the fight it's a state thing. I know death is scary I had a son Bo, he was a great kid he died in a war not unlike the war we fight with Covid. It's going to be a long dark winter of death.

Senility,

Senator Biden.

PS. If I write anything more I will get in trouble. I also agree let's go Brandon.

Old 12-29-2021, 10:47 AM

7,509 posts, read 7,216,437 times
Sorry but no.

I just don't like when Trump followers think that they don't need to get vaccinated because they don't want to be told what to do yet they don't understand they're infecting their loved ones and those around them.

So if you don't want to get vaccinated that's fine. Just please stay at home. Unfortunately go to any local grocery store and you will see the die hard Republicans walking around without their mask. Totally being inconsiderate and rude to those around them.

It's unfortunate to see that so many of the people that have not gotten vaccinated probably never will as they still think this whole COVID thing is a hoax.

Life goes on and we take precautions but people around that don't want to be considerate of others don't have the right to put others health at stake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
OP is retired fedgov, iirc.

Old 12-29-2021, 10:47 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,154,102 times
After massive $$ losses already, the airlines and its lawyers will fight it tooth and nail. There are tens of millions unvaxxed.

Money. It all comes down to money. Always has, always will. Agree or not, thats what it is.

Old 12-29-2021, 10:51 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,800,510 times
The most vaxxed, mandated, masked, and restricted places in the US are having record Covid cases. Come to NYC where entire Broadway shows are cancelled because the 100% vaxxed and boosted staff are out sick with Covid. Visit a university with 100% vax rates, where they are shutting down due to hundreds of kids getting Covid.

But mandate harder! This is a delusion. A dangerous delusion.

Old 12-29-2021, 10:52 AM

9,209 posts, read 6,254,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpleton1989 View Post
Will do!

- Joe Biden
Just keep reminding me. What was that again? Huh?

Joe

Old 12-29-2021, 10:54 AM

8,420 posts, read 4,588,255 times
OP, you aren't following the science.

Old 12-29-2021, 10:55 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,446,416 times
Quote:
Yes, I am vaccinated and I trust the vaccine. However, people that are unvaccinated are reinfecting people whether they've already had the vaccination or not.
You obviously have not been paying attention. The vaccinated can infect others just as much as the unvaccinated can. As others have pointed out, if you truly trust your vaccines then you have nothing to worry about. I am vaccinated and have had covid by the way, although probably not by the New Democrat standard of 5 boosters.

Old 12-29-2021, 10:55 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,243,106 times
Quote:
Yes, I am vaccinated and I trust the vaccine. However, people that are unvaccinated are reinfecting people whether they've already had the vaccination or not.
Everything you know has been proven to be false. Plenty of the vaccinated still contract Covid and spreading it. The unvaccinated are already not allowed in many places so clearly the virus is being spread by the vaccinated.

Also, since you believe the vaccine is protecting you, why are you worried about Covid? What’s the point of the vaccine if you are still fearful like you didn’t get it?

You are one of the reasons why we have a population that is easily brainwashed by Democrats and their media comrades. Low on critical thinking skills and trusting of the liberal media and your Democrat politicians.

Old 12-29-2021, 10:58 AM

43,256 posts, read 18,385,032 times
Quote:
The majority of the people now testing positive for COVID are the non-vaccinated.

Again, that is the unfortunate choice. However, they should not put me or my family or others at risk.

The time to implement a vaccine mandate for domestic travel is now.

Utterly shocked at the people in the grocery store yesterday. Not even wearing a mask then again, that is probably those that are not even vaccinated.

Nowadays, we have no idea of knowing who on a domestic flight is or is not vaccinated, which is only more reason why a vaccine mandate is required.
You don't have to wear a mask if you are vaccinated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies