Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2022, 08:14 PM

831 posts, read 334,976 times

Advertisements

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ions-for-2022/

What do yall think?

I think he is right on the house, right as far as the GOP taking the senate but think it might be 1 or 2 higher. As far as Governor seats wouldn't surprise me to see GOP lose Georgia IF Kemp somehow manages to win the primary against Kemp and others, Abrams will beat him unfortunately I think and that would DEFINITELY be my exit call from Georgia. The Bills winning Super Bowl, Nah, not yet. Anyways, what do yall think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2022, 08:35 PM

640 posts, read 455,288 times
Well, none of us has a direct line to you know Whom.

Old 01-02-2022, 08:58 PM

21,266 posts, read 19,886,952 times
Stock Market Crash. Beginning of Great Depression II. Covid Variants pi, rho, sigma, tau, upsilon, etc. Fauci still lying. Biden still lying and blundering. Harris still trying to hide and bide her time. Possibly Biden catching Covid, becoming sick, Harris tries to take over by 25th Amendment. GOP landslide in November. Blacks retaliating against BLM, CRT, etc. Blacks fleeing Democrat party in droves to vote Republican. CNN and MSNBC fading away. Fox News supplanted by other conservative news stations. Liberal mayors cracking down on Antifa/BLM because they know they will not be reelected if they don't. China takes over Taiwan. US does not intervene. Endless waves of illegals flowing into US from Central America. Wildfires, hurricanes, and tornados. Some team wins the Super Bowl and World Series.

Old 01-02-2022, 09:19 PM

5,791 posts, read 4,759,687 times
Harry Truman, Doris Day, Red China, Johnnie Ray
South Pacific, Walter Winchell, Joe DiMaggio
Joe McCarthy, Richard Nixon, Studebaker, television
North Korea, South Korea, Marilyn Monroe
Rosenbergs, H-bomb, Sugar Ray, Panmunjom
Brando, "The King and I", and "The Catcher in the Rye"
Eisenhower, Vaccine, England's got a new queen
Marciano, Liberace, Santayana, goodbye
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning, since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No, we didn't light it, but we tried to fight it
Joseph Stalin, Malenkov, Nasser and Prokofiev
Rockefeller, Campanella, Communist Bloc
Roy Cohn, Juan Peron, Toscanini, Dacron
Dien Bien Phu falls, "Rock Around the Clock"
Einstein, James Dean, Brooklyn's got a winning team
Davy Crockett, Peter Pan, Elvis Presley, Disneyland
Bardot, Budapest, Alabama, Krushchev
Princess Grace, Peyton Place, Trouble in the Suez
We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire
Little Rock, Pasternak, Mickey Mantle, Kerouac
Sputnik, Chou En-Lai, "Bridge on the River Kwai"
Lebanon, Charles de Gaulle, California baseball
Starkweather homicide, children of thalidomide
Buddy Holly, Ben Hur, space monkey, mafia
Hula hoops, Castro, Edsel is a no-go
U2, Syngman Rhee, Payola and Kennedy
Chubby Checker, Psycho, Belgians in the Congo
We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire
Hemingway, Eichmann, "Stranger in a Strange Land"
Dylan, Berlin, Bay of Pigs invasion
"Lawrence of Arabia", British Beatlemania
Ole Miss, John Glenn, Liston beats Patterson
Pope Paul, Malcolm X, British politician sex
JFK – blown away, what else do I have to say?
We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire
Birth control, Ho Chi Minh, Richard Nixon back again
Moonshot, Woodstock, Watergate, punk rock
Begin, Reagan, Palestine, terror on the airline
Ayatollah's in Iran, Russians in Afghanistan
"Wheel of Fortune", Sally Ride, heavy metal suicide
Foreign debts, homeless vets, AIDS, crack, Bernie Goetz
Hypodermics on the shore, China's under martial law
Rock and roller, cola wars, I can't take it anymore
We didn't start the fire
We didn't start the fire
But when we are gone
It will still burn on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on

Old 01-07-2022, 11:26 PM

15,949 posts, read 12,346,261 times
some pretty good predictions and discussion in this
Moderator cut: Competing forum

A couple of the replies...

"Cancel culture is being replaced by erasure culture--and it is targeting their own.

Woke native Americans are campaigning to remove their names from everything--sports teams, schools, monuments, etc. Mind you they were giving these names as an honor, but whatever. Now we are wiping out the "indians" not just from our land but our memories.

We've seen the videos of BLM attacking civil war hero monuments--often BLACK civil war monuments.

Next on the chopping block? Women. They are being replaced by anyone that just says they are a women. Their sports records? Toast. Their femininity? Obsolete. Their community? Invaded and repurposed.

And this **** is only just starting..."

"The disproportion and disparity between the "top" and "others" will drastically increase. Like some pre french revolution ****. Things will keep moving away from historically proven time tested societal norms such as monogamy, families and **** will get way more haywire; because current state of abundance in the world allows for it to exist so. It is what it is."

"Inflation will not be transitory. Some crypto will explode in value on expanded mainstream acceptance. Dems will lose seats in midterms. GOP will make minimal efforts to counter Marxism. Coastal liberals will continue escaping the consequences of their own decisions and keep moving into conservative areas to destroy them. Entire western world will continue to degrade into Orwellianism."

I might go contrarian here and make the opposing prediction, that we will see a partial collapse of the everything bubble and deflationary pressure this year, because the explosion of inflation was the result of ridiculous amounts of stimulus and monetary creation that won't be sustainable. Other then that I think these views are a bit pessimistic. Life will go on.. each generation tends to catastrophize what amounts to progress. Hopefully we can avoid a 1984 scenario. Who knows how much of our history has already been lost to "book burnings" as a result of our nature.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 01-20-2022 at 05:26 PM..

Old 01-07-2022, 11:31 PM

7,547 posts, read 11,608,757 times
Repost https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...22-thread.html

Old 01-20-2022, 01:33 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,919,377 times
My main prediction is Brandon's approval will continue to plummet - which will lead to some electoral surprises.

I think you'll see some solid Blue states defect from the Dems in either the Gubernatorial contests or the House. PA is definitely ripe for the taking.

But I wouldn't be shocked if either Connecticut or my home state of Rhode Island send a gut punch the Dems' way on Election Day.

With my somewhat sane Democratic Rep. resigning, and a popular former Republican Mayor considering a run to replace him - anything can happen!

Old 01-20-2022, 01:43 PM

9,329 posts, read 16,709,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Stock Market Crash. Beginning of Great Depression II. Covid Variants pi, rho, sigma, tau, upsilon, etc. Fauci still lying. Biden still lying and blundering. Harris still trying to hide and bide her time. Possibly Biden catching Covid, becoming sick, Harris tries to take over by 25th Amendment. GOP landslide in November. Blacks retaliating against BLM, CRT, etc. Blacks fleeing Democrat party in droves to vote Republican. CNN and MSNBC fading away. Fox News supplanted by other conservative news stations. Liberal mayors cracking down on Antifa/BLM because they know they will not be reelected if they don't. China takes over Taiwan. US does not intervene. Endless waves of illegals flowing into US from Central America. Wildfires, hurricanes, and tornados. Some team wins the Super Bowl and World Series.
Sounds like a plan.

Old 01-20-2022, 02:10 PM

45,762 posts, read 27,410,412 times
What do you do when the fortune cookie is blank?

CEOs are starting to resign in higher numbers again...

I think we need to go back pre-2020 and see if there were any signs of the coming nationwide protests and COVID pandemic... and try to see if there are similar signs of what's to come.

World Economic Forum big ticket item for the decade is the climate agenda. They have been working supply chain stuff and global data security issues.

Dems are not going to want to give up control of the government. I expect anything from them... especially in 2024.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 01-20-2022 at 02:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies