Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 08:20 PM

1,014 posts, read 482,739 times

Advertisements

Maybe that person is not really into political stereo types. Left progressive. And a communist. This sounds like he lost his job from someone. And time to look for another job. No time for political stereo types. Politics is an interesting topic. Only those interested in stereo typing people into labels, do so. The working people have no time for this.

Old 01-06-2022, 09:35 PM

5,121 posts, read 2,174,224 times
Bill Maher on a good day!

Old 01-06-2022, 09:44 PM

32,147 posts, read 15,140,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buenos View Post
Do you know any leftists who think they are conservatives?

What is a leftist: a person whose believes include: open borders, communism, CRT, lockdowns...

Examples:
  1. I know someone who I have met a 100 times on private parties. She said once, "I am pretty conservative". Probably she meant that she wanted to have a family, but otherwise a true believer of the above stuff as expressed on those parties many times.
  2. Few years ago the RNC chair or some core organization came out in support of BLM, but then they went quiet about it. Ooops.
  3. There are the RINOs.
  4. Some people's dating app profile mentions "conservative", but they also say woke things.

Is this sincere, misinformed, or dishonest?
Of course not. It's like asking if you know any conservatives who think they are leftists. It's opposite spectrums. But there are moderates in both parties who agree with some policies in the other party.

Old 01-06-2022, 10:15 PM

9,385 posts, read 7,011,014 times
On some issues I'm about as right as it gets and on many as as left as it gets. I consider myself to be neither dem nor republican but an atheist independent that leans predominately libertarian.

I tolerate the christian, can't stand the woke & commies, and unfortunately have to settle in with the bat**** crazy preppers that believe in aliens and conspiracy theorists. For christ sake the repubs and dems have gotten so crazy I have to vote with these loons.

Old 01-06-2022, 10:26 PM

9,385 posts, read 7,011,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Bill Maher on a good day!

at least he supports freedom of speech

Old 01-07-2022, 06:19 AM

5,655 posts, read 6,241,284 times
I guess it depends on your point of view. The leftists I know also think it's absurd that I consider myself moderate because they think I'm conservative.

Old 01-07-2022, 06:21 AM

7,476 posts, read 3,607,907 times
All the liberals I know are quite proud and out about being a liberal.

Old 01-07-2022, 06:24 AM

6,005 posts, read 2,258,466 times
Do conservatives still exist?

Just joking of course they exist. Conservatives just don't win in Republican primaries. Therefore I have to conclude that conservatives are a group without a representative party at this point.

Old 01-07-2022, 06:26 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,980,359 times
There are people who believe that they are liberal, but since liberal has moved to leftist, they haven't 'keep up' with the descriptions.

I know someone who told me that they were a democrat but one day realized that the same ideals the democratic party had held for decades were no longer part of the agenda. They had shifted over to 'republican' territory. She was appalled as she hated republicans but realized ... she practically was one. Her thinking hadn't changed, the parties had. It was a 'wake up' moment.

I think there are a fair number of people that this has happened to. But I do think some people cling to 'liberal' because they think it makes them cool and part of the 'fun' club.

Old 01-07-2022, 06:29 AM

30,122 posts, read 18,733,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buenos View Post
Do you know any leftists who think they are conservatives?

What is a leftist: a person whose believes include: open borders, communism, CRT, lockdowns...

Examples:
  1. I know someone who I have met a 100 times on private parties. She said once, "I am pretty conservative". Probably she meant that she wanted to have a family, but otherwise a true believer of the above stuff as expressed on those parties many times.
  2. Few years ago the RNC chair or some core organization came out in support of BLM, but then they went quiet about it. Ooops.
  3. There are the RINOs.
  4. Some people's dating app profile mentions "conservative", but they also say woke things.

Is this sincere, misinformed, or dishonest?
There are MANY posters here who claim:

1. They are "independents", but are far left and have never supported anyone but a democrat

2. They "used to be conservatives", but of course, never were conservative

The libs do this in an attempt to portray themselves as reasonable people who will support any candidate who presents a cogent, rational platform. However, they are far from "reasonable" and support dem candidates blindly despite their actions. You can easily see what they are in their posts, as they NEVER support ANY conservative issue, ever.

I think deep down these libs realize liberals views are insane and want to sincerely believe that they themselves have not gone totally insane. However, the proof is in the pudding and they are 100%, died in the wool, liberals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies