Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2022, 02:10 PM

30,120 posts, read 18,730,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buenos View Post
Do you know any leftists who think they are conservatives?

What is a leftist: a person whose believes include: open borders, communism, CRT, lockdowns...

Examples:
  1. I know someone who I have met a 100 times on private parties. She said once, "I am pretty conservative". Probably she meant that she wanted to have a family, but otherwise a true believer of the above stuff as expressed on those parties many times.
  2. Few years ago the RNC chair or some core organization came out in support of BLM, but then they went quiet about it. Ooops.
  3. There are the RINOs.
  4. Some people's dating app profile mentions "conservative", but they also say woke things.

Is this sincere, misinformed, or dishonest?
There are MANY EXTREME LEFTISTS on this site who think they are "moderates" or say "I was once a conservative".

It is hilarious as, deep down, they KNOW they are far left loons, but are making a feeble attempt to convince others that they are rational, as they are a "moderate" or were "once a conservative". They really believe that if they couch their current positions with that historical backdrop that people will actually agree with them and embrace their lunacy!

It's like someone saying, "I have a lot of black friends". Which usually means they have no black friends and really want you to believe that they embrace multi-culturalism!

Give me a break- If you are a far left loon, accept that fact and wear your moniker proudly. If you don't want to be a far left loon, abandon far left lunacy!

Old 02-10-2022, 04:04 PM

8,397 posts, read 4,391,844 times
Well, not everyone believes in extremism.

Old 02-10-2022, 04:39 PM

22,006 posts, read 9,579,345 times
Quote:

What is a leftist: a person whose believes include: open borders, communism, CRT, lockdowns...

Examples:
  1. I know someone who I have met a 100 times on private parties. She said once, "I am pretty conservative". Probably she meant that she wanted to have a family, but otherwise a true believer of the above stuff as expressed on those parties many times.
  2. Few years ago the RNC chair or some core organization came out in support of BLM, but then they went quiet about it. Ooops.
  3. There are the RINOs.
  4. Some people's dating app profile mentions "conservative", but they also say woke things.

I am going with misinformed. I have a friend who swears all day long he's a moderate. He listens to some podcast of some guy claiming to be moderate. He took some online quiz and it said he was moderate. But he just regurgitates leftist talking points. He has admitted in the past he is ill informed and not interested in politics but then sends me some article that is making some leftist point that has been debunked with the slightest bit of research. He goes to 'fact checkers' that confirm his leftist views and then tells me he has proven me wrong. I know I research much more than he does.

Old 02-10-2022, 05:20 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,603,539 times
Quote:

Examples:
  3. There are the RINOs.

Tucker Carlson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.