Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2022, 11:31 AM

13,080 posts, read 7,523,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
lol
Sometimes it was meat cleaver . chop chop chop. Which was easier because you didn't need to wash all the parts and put the grinder away. I couldn't use the cleaver at that age. It was heavy.

Last edited by leastprime; 01-05-2022 at 12:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2022, 11:38 AM

2,953 posts, read 994,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Every president has done this sort of thing...they try to appear as 'the guy next door" (just another peasant).

Remember when Obama invited some Joe Schmo to 'have a beer at the whitehouse'? Yeah, those kinds of things, they do them for the optics.
Most politicians are inauthentic and it's usually really cringey. Elizabeth Warren's first sip out of a beer bottle - Her chardonnay fingers had no muscle memory for how to hold it. Deeply embarrassing to watch. Hillary's affected black southern Baptist preacher's voice? I'm puckering just thinking about it.

Gerald Ford was as bland as a pine board and that's just who he was but the most authentic I can remember was Trump. His blowhard, P.T. Barnum, no F's to give persona was, for better or worse, a constant and he owned it to the hilt. There was never any guessing who he was.

The problem with Biden's version of inauthenticity is that it's not just a whorish salesmanship job like the others. He really thinks he drove a long haul truck at one time and if you were to joke with him long enough about his discovery of oil in 1859 he would come to believe it and repeat it. He's partially a turnip and when he's in turnip mode he's as honest as you'll ever see him.

"As one computer said, if you're on the train and they say portal bridge you know you better make other plans"

This is completely sincere turnip-speak. He's not pretending to be a computer scientist or a railroad man. Turnips just do this.

Old 01-05-2022, 11:40 AM

27,657 posts, read 16,147,064 times
And biden mumbled "I go poopy"

Last edited by saltine; 01-05-2022 at 12:22 PM..

Old 01-05-2022, 11:43 AM

2,953 posts, read 994,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
Not funny
No. Totally sincere. You forgot your prime directive, leastprime ... You skipped racism. If you had said climate racism I would have left it alone.

Old 01-05-2022, 11:54 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Bingo. The illuminati are absolutely on a mission to 'guide' us away from eating meat. Look no further than Bill and Melinda Gates who are quietly buying up hundreds of thousands of acres of farmland. He says it's all about advancing sustainable farming and seed development but there's more to it.

https://www.growingproduce.com/farm-...much-farmland/

"A spokesperson for Cascade Investment — a firm chaired and controlled by Bill Gates, and possibly what he was referring to as “my investment group” on Reddit — declined to comment on specific land holdings at the time. However, they told The Land Report that Cascade is “very supportive of sustainable farming.”

The firm is a shareholder in plant-based protein companies Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods, as well as agricultural equipment maker John Deere."

It's no secret that the elite believe they know what's best for us and we just need to change even if it means market manipulation, legislation and cultural retraining.
Well, the elitist snots can go pound sand. I will continue to buy it for me and my pets, as they get a species appropriate diet, no matter how much farmland Ill Will Gates buys up. He can eat all the bugs he wants, but in this house, we will continue to have meat.

Prices are up much higher than they used to be, regardless of what some think. $2.99/lb for chicken is high. I used to get it for 99 cents a pound - in FL, in ME, in CA, and where I am now. Pork is actually cheaper than chicken right now, but even that is up by a dollar/pound. Beef - way up. Way, way up.

I remember, in the olden days, when hamburger was the cheap food. You would get a pound, cheap, and some people, like my mom, would make meatloaf or Hamburger Helper with that meat, and it would feed everyone, and still have leftovers. Now? Hamburger is ridiculously priced. Don't even start on the price of steak, anymore. But I'll still have one every year, like always, for my birthday. They can suck it.

Old 01-05-2022, 12:08 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,639,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
How could Biden possibly know this, being served Filet Mignon

Old 01-05-2022, 12:30 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
Go to Sam's club. I got 4lbs for less than $10

Old 01-05-2022, 12:45 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
I have yet to pay more than $2.99/ lb for 80-85/ 20 burger meat. Plan B is to share an order for half a cow with neighbors.

I could easily pay $10+/ lb for grass fed organic hamburger.

I live in a very competitive grocery area and comparison shopping is my hobby.

Biden has cognitive issues. Knew that going in. He won because he was not Trump.

What would Trump or any POTUS have done that Biden has not to maintain the price of hamburger? Be specific please.

Guess Biden could freeze all wages/ prices by EO, as Nixon did in 1970 or maybe ban the export of beef. The latter would likely result in demands for compensation no diff than when Big Ag could not export certain crops to China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies