Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2022, 04:06 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishcopper View Post
I don't really care about your opinion. I've watched the video dozens of times as have many of my colleagues. What I do know is that looking at the totality of the circumstances there are very few law enforcement professionals that believe Byrd was justified in shooting Babbitt. Trust me, during legitimate internal affairs post shooting investigation that "She might have had a bomb or a chemical weapon!" Bravo Sierra wouldn't fly. As for Babbitt's previous history of erratic behavior that's irrelevant because Byrd had no idea who she was until after he shot her and she was dead. Justifiably, police officers are held to a higher standard when if comes to the use of deadly force. If you doubt me think about the recent manslaughter conviction of Kim Potter in Minneapolis. Regardless, it's a mute point and Michael Byrd has to live with his actions. I'm just glad that I don't have to work with him.
So you watched the video multiple times. Did you hear the people outside shouting "GUN!!"??

Babbitt's bad judgement isn't a factor in Byrd shooting her. It was a factor in her climbing through a broken window while a guy with a gun was pointed at her on the other side and people yelling about it. It was suicide by cop, like I said.

And no, I won't trust you.

Old 01-07-2022, 04:06 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Yep, it was an insurrection.

yes, Valkyrie! Pearl Harbor. Like the Red Revolution of 1917 and overthrow of the government. Crack is wack.

Old 01-07-2022, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
So you watched the video multiple times. Did you hear the people outside shouting "GUN!!"??

Babbitt's bad judgement isn't a factor in Byrd shooting her. It was a factor in her climbing through a broken window while a guy with a gun was pointed at her on the other side and people yelling about it. It was suicide by cop, like I said.

And no, I won't trust you.

So every time a unarmed black woman disobeys the orders to stop of a cop in protests, it's ok to kill her? If we take that advice you know how many unarmed black people would have been killed by the police during the BLM summer of love?

You can't have it both ways. You can't for years attack the police that their tactics are fascist and very aggressive and turn around and say this was a legit kill because you don't like the unarmed white woman. Why he didn't use a taser? Isn't that what you demand when unarmed blacks get shot by the police and the reason we had a nationwide violent riots?

Old 01-07-2022, 04:22 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Proof to it being deemed an insurrection? Anyone charged with insurrection?

Old 01-07-2022, 04:38 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
I'm starting to think that "insurrection" really doesn't tell the story adequately. "MAGA Fascist Domestic Terrorist Attack" is actually a great deal more nuanced and much closer to the truth.

Old 01-07-2022, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I'm starting to think that "insurrection" really doesn't tell the story adequately. "MAGA Fascist Domestic Terrorist Attack" is actually a great deal more nuanced and much closer to the truth.
Nah, just a riot.

Old 01-07-2022, 04:45 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Nah, just a riot.
It’s actually a “peaceful protest”

Old 01-07-2022, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post

Nobody died......well except an unarmed woman by a cop. I say compared to the Vietnam riots, MLK riots, L.A. riots and BLM riots that attacked cops and police stations and America itself it went pretty well.

These same democrats should have kneel to them like they did the BLM rioters and maybe it would have gone a lot smoother.

Old 01-07-2022, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Excellent point. After all, there weren’t billions of dollars in damages, burning it down, violent crime, etc…,

Old 01-07-2022, 05:17 PM

7,149 posts, read 4,742,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Who is saying this? Are you talking about prominent politicians are some random knuckleheads on Twitter?
MSM anchors. Here ya go:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/cbs-anch...g-in-midterms/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...rms/ar-AASqi24
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies