Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2022, 11:20 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Before Omicron, sure. I'll get the skinny from my friend when I see her return to work this week to see if Omicron is as bad or not as everyone says.

The point I was making, was DeSantis while not someone I can listen to without rolling my eyes for his blatant lies and straw arguments, he is a fine speaker. Trump isn't and has quite a few stumbles, we can agree on that. Same with W. Bush and Biden. We can all agree to those. DeSantis, normally doesn't.
Nah, your disdain for DeSantis has you making accusations of strawman arguments and blatant lies. You have no idea or proof to him having anything at all wrong with him and deflect to because Trump because of your disdain for both of them.

Nah, but we can agree Sleepy Joe has had many stumbles. And let’s not forget Sleepy Joe promised a plan to end the virus quickly. Had he not told a blatant lie, DeSantis wouldn’t have to do anything in regards to the virus.

Last edited by erieguy; 01-09-2022 at 11:33 PM..

Old 01-09-2022, 11:42 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Nah, your disdain for DeSantis has you making accusations of strawman arguments and blatant lies. You have no idea or proof to him having anything at all wrong with him and deflect to because Trump because of your disdain for both of them.

Nah, but we can agree Sleepy Joe has had many stumbles. And let’s not forget Sleepy Joe promised a plan to end the virus quickly. Had he not told a blatant lie, DeSantis wouldn’t have to do anything in regards to the virus.
I've heard enough to know DeSantis can speak well. I may not like what he says, but he says it well. Why can't you accept me saying DeSantis normally can speak well, but this time he had a few more stumbles than usual?

I refuse to talk Biden with you, since I mentioned that Biden does have a known speech issue and that is the only relevant part to this particular story which was about the DeSantis mfg jobs which came from talking about people moving to Florida for not retirement but work. Not everything revolves around "Sleepy Joe", "FJB" and "LGB" talking points...

Old 01-09-2022, 11:49 PM

Quote:
I've heard enough to know DeSantis can speak well. I may not like what he says, but he says it well. Why can't you accept me saying DeSantis normally can speak well, but this time he had a few more stumbles than usual?

I refuse to talk Biden with you, since I mentioned that Biden does have a known speech issue and that is the only relevant part to this particular story which was about the DeSantis mfg jobs which came from talking about people moving to Florida for not retirement but work. Not everything revolves around "Sleepy Joe", "FJB" and "LGB" talking points...
Just because you think it is, doesn’t make it so.

You’re the one that deflected to Sleepy Joe and of course you don’t want to talk about him because you know he told a blatant lie about having a plan to end the virus quickly, and you’re ignoring that. He also told a blatant lie in saying he wasn’t going to mandate folks get vaccinated, but we know he continues to try to do that

Old 01-10-2022, 12:48 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
The last article you linked shows people were leaving states to escape exposure to covid and going to states they felt at less risk of exposure to covid or states which had more restrictions relative to covid.

FL qualifies as a state with less dense population where there are plenty of places to avoid exposure to covid if you are willing to lock yourself down an avoid the idiots who are running around ignoring covid.
there are PLENTY of places I could move to in the states of NY or California where I could lock down and not be near anyone as well so that's a moot point. People aren't moving to florida to lock themselves at home.

Old 01-10-2022, 10:04 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,063,743 times
https://thatfloridalife.com/top-reas...ve-to-florida/

It’s all there weather is #1

Old 01-10-2022, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Yep, weather is always a huge factor, however, in the links I posted, the huge influx of folks moving to Florida in the last 2 years is due to the virus and ridiculous Dem nonsense in states and cesspool cities that have handled the virus so poorly by shutting it down and not wanting to give folks choices.

Florida weather hasn’t changed, but the freedom of choices certainly has, and DeSantis has handled this perfectly, and another reason I spent almost all year here last year. Love that guy.

Old 01-10-2022, 10:41 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
there are PLENTY of places I could move to in the states of NY or California where I could lock down and not be near anyone as well so that's a moot point. People aren't moving to florida to lock themselves at home.
Not on the east coast where you can hang out at the beach in January/February.

Old 01-10-2022, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
Bingo

Old 01-10-2022, 11:06 AM

17,391 posts, read 16,532,427 times
Quote:
I think we need a balance. I look at Arizona and Ducey is far less in the limelight as DeSantis is. That is by design I think as he is not pushing for a job like DeSantis, Ducey just want to run the clock out until November of this year when he is out as governor.
That said, he has been vocal about schools shutting down and teaching CRT. Newsflash, there is no proof that either are happening with Arizona schools. Joe Thomas the leader of Arizona Education Association only kind of addressed that Arizona schools may need to shutdown if enough teachers got sick. As mentioned before, my friend and co-worker is out for another few days (our district is following the previous recommendations, not the current CDC recommendations) and I may be out now (still awaiting test results and in fact I'm going to get another test tomorrow.) I say may because it isn't a Chicago situation and more like the Philadelphia school situation where we might see schools close because we hit the critical staffing level threshold to close a school and it isn't a mass call-out or walk-out but a legitimate group of call-outs.

As for DeSantis, I don't know about 2024. I think he stands a chance as a Republican front-runner, but running the nation I think he's a little too far to the right. I think the Republicans as a whole have gone too far to the right. I think what we have seen is that the nation is a center, maybe center-right nation. The current crop of Republicans are too Tea Party/freedom centric to win the White House as it stands now. It also depends who runs on the Democratic side. I do not think Biden will seek a second term. We may see him bow out prior to the debate season. I think that maybe for the best so he can focus on working with Congress as besides the Roe V. Wade suits, I think the Republicans win the House and get a vote or two in the Senate, depending where the Jan 6th commission revelations goes too.
I said 2024, but I meant 2022 - DeSantis will be reelected as the Governor of Florida without a doubt.

I think DeSantis could win the presidential election, too, if he decided to run - he has a huge following across the country and is seen as a person who gets things done. Biden has done A LOT of damage to his party with his long list of failures. Everything he touches turns to crap and, no, he will not be running for a second term. He's not even a full year in, yet, and, man, what a train wreck of a year it has been. I will seriously be surprised if he finishes this term.

Old 01-10-2022, 02:03 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
"like crossing the wall out of East Berlin"......OMG that is priceless.

My cousin is in NYC and I've heard what he goes through every day.

I would not want to live like that and I'm thankful of where I live.

Everybody's thankful.....until they end up in an Intensive Care Unit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies