Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2022, 11:09 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,311,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post

What's the point when everyone has it? Do you WANT the world to collapse?

Everyone's going to get it. "Slow the spread" left the building with Omicron. The priority is identifying people who need treatment. E.g. people who are actually symptomatically sick.
is it any wonder that seemingly every hospitalist interviewed is ringing the "don't come to the hospital for testing or minor symptoms" bell?

Old 01-09-2022, 11:14 AM

17,401 posts, read 16,547,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
So what about employers that see it is paused but continue to do so?
The employers are trying to stay in business and avoid fines. No one knows what the courts are going to do with these mandates. OSHA is requiring employers to keep track of the vax status of their employees even with this pause. It's an unconstitutional violation of HIPPA, but the Biden Administration doesn't give a flying fig about the Constitution or even whether these mandates would do any good (they wouldn't).

Old 01-09-2022, 11:20 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,311,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
That is not even true.

DeSantis initially said health care workers would be first as made sense.

Then he flipped to elderly. But, surprise elderly in nursing homes and/or their caregivers(children) did not want to be Guinea pigs so he flipped back to health care workers to show the elderly people wouldnt drop dead from the vaccine. Most of this was done on tv rather than coordinated with his health depts which never knew which end was up from day to day.

In any case, despite having had over a year to develop a systematic method for distributing the vaccine to seniors not in congregated facilities he had none. No appointment system despite the fact it was 2021 and such systems are easy to set up.

Instead, his health depts set up events that involved seniors waiting in lines/lawn chairs in cold temps and dangerous automobile traffic sitches. They weren't even smart enough, nor was he, to involve LEO in managing traffic plans.

You are certainly free to accept that sort of slipshod lack of leadership on behalf of your mother and/or yourself. I dont accept it either for my mother, myself or anyone else.
this is likely my favorite claim. By your logic, every governor and state health department had "over (or almost) a year to develop a system".

Which ones were ready and smooth-running in January/February of 2021? With a population of at least 5MM?

How was it in NYC, which obviously should have been the easiest place of all to roll out the vaccine?

Old 01-09-2022, 11:48 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Also, the at home Covid tests cost about $15 a piece. How is a person making $15/hr or less supposed to afford these tests?

And where are all these free tests that Biden promised. Testing sites have long lines and just trying to get a test to show your employer can take hours.

The whole thing is a complete cluster that working people DO NOT NEED. Biden is so out of touch with the real world it's frightening.
I worked a Live Nation event, prior to I had to test. I was given the rapid at-home test at work. I'm sure the company can pass that off as a tax write-off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
The employers are trying to stay in business and avoid fines. No one knows what the courts are going to do with these mandates. OSHA is requiring employers to keep track of the vax status of their employees even with this pause. It's an unconstitutional violation of HIPPA, but the Biden Administration doesn't give a flying fig about the Constitution or even whether these mandates would do any good (they wouldn't).
It isn't unconstitutional. The issue is unlike many health issues, this is one where you can get it and not "volunteer" to get it. Take HIV for example, most cases you actively "volunteer" to get the virus through using dirty needles or having unprotected sex. I had three direct contacts in the matter of a nine/ten day period resulting in me getting tested in September. All were at work, so it wasn't even like I chose to be in a place where transmission is high, like a sports event or Disney park... Still haven't had direct contact at one of those places...

Old 01-09-2022, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
this is likely my favorite claim. By your logic, every governor and state health department had "over (or almost) a year to develop a system".

Which ones were ready and smooth-running in January/February of 2021? With a population of at least 5MM?

How was it in NYC, which obviously should have been the easiest place of all to roll out the vaccine?
Arizona did it right at first. I will give Ducey credit, even if the website to set up appointments at State Farm Stadium had crash issues. That said, once the major sites at the SFS orange lot and Phoenix Municipal Stadium parking lot closed, vaccine appointment availability did slow up. Also school districts had some trouble setting up their PODs. I remember my district didn't have their's set up until mid February and the second dose was in late March/early April.

Old 01-09-2022, 12:00 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,019,204 times
Quote:
I worked a Live Nation event, prior to I had to test. I was given the rapid at-home test at work. I'm sure the company can pass that off as a tax write-off...

It isn't unconstitutional. The issue is unlike many health issues, this is one where you can get it and not "volunteer" to get it. Take HIV for example, most cases you actively "volunteer" to get the virus through using dirty needles or having unprotected sex. I had three direct contacts in the matter of a nine/ten day period resulting in me getting tested in September. All were at work, so it wasn't even like I chose to be in a place where transmission is high, like a sports event or Disney park... Still haven't had direct contact at one of those places...
You mean like the flu, cold, cancer or any one of the other multitude of illnesses that you can get just because you get it?

Old 01-09-2022, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
You mean like the flu, cold, cancer or any one of the other multitude of illnesses that you can get just because you get it?
Colds and flus, normally aren't as deadly as COVID and you know that...

Old 01-09-2022, 12:06 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,019,204 times
Quote:
And thats not what you said was it. You said, "this is one where you can get it and not "volunteer" to get it."

If you mean something, then say it. Besides, plenty of people die from the flu. According to the CDC up to 50k can die from it every year.

Old 01-09-2022, 12:11 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://nypost.com/2022/01/06/how-fl...vid-emergency/

Thank God I moved to Florida in February 2020. Just in time to escape the COVID cultists in Baltimore.
Um....that's how the vast majority of America is. This poor person must have been stuck in a backwards, regressive, totalitarian regime for some time to see this as something unusual. Given how some of our blue states are emulating the former East Germany, it's hardly surprising that some escapees have similar comments to those that escaped from behind the Iron Curtain during the cold war.

Old 01-09-2022, 12:14 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,561,248 times
Quote:
The seasonal flu is typically more deadly than the Omicron variant of COVID-19
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies