Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2022, 07:48 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Just like it has always been.
Nope, it’s never been this drastic. Only since Covid have the numbers spiked and property values have skyrocketed, but please do post where 2-3 years pre Covid have produced such numbers?

Old 01-09-2022, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I was here in 07/08. I hope doesn’t happen again - but what goes up will come down.
Unlikely, but perhaps in 2026.

“ And according to U-Haul, the state was the third most popular place to move during Covid, based on migration stats compiled from more than two million customer transactions.”

https://www.islandernews.com/lifesty...232e9d6d0.html

Old 01-09-2022, 08:01 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Unlikely, but perhaps in 2026.

“ And according to U-Haul, the state was the third most popular place to move during Covid, based on migration stats compiled from more than two million customer transactions.”

https://www.islandernews.com/lifesty...232e9d6d0.html
Not disagreeing- it’s 1000 a day. But for politics ? Don’t think that’s too many

Old 01-09-2022, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Must be the zip code. Sounds angry where you’re at.

He’s loved where I’m at and obviously by the huge number of folks that are moving here. We look forward to 4 more years of him
We shall see. Dade - Broward County not happy with him.

Old 01-09-2022, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
The last article you linked shows people were leaving states to escape exposure to covid and going to states they felt at less risk of exposure to covid or states which had more restrictions relative to covid.

FL qualifies as a state with less dense population where there are plenty of places to avoid exposure to covid if you are willing to lock yourself down an avoid the idiots who are running around ignoring covid.
Thank you for acknowledging it was due to Covid and not weather, and that’s only 1 article of many…and others say it’s due to restrictions, which is why we were down here almost all of last year.

Nah, any place offers places to lock one down to avoid folks that choose to live life. Florida is simply a wonderful place that provides choices.

Old 01-09-2022, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Thank you for admitting they left due to Covid versus weather.

Nah, you just proved my point with your own words
The weather n space. Strong Vita D - salty and fresh air. We should be the healthiest, but covid is relentless. Many will find that out after moved here. We are just as sick as up north.

Old 01-09-2022, 08:23 PM

Quote:
We shall see. Dade - Broward County not happy with him.
Oh no, how will he ever overcome those Libs. I know…with the base that voted for him the first time, combined with the huge number of folks moving here and registering as Republican

Old 01-09-2022, 08:23 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
We been receiving retirees since I was 8 at least. They created the snow birds thing and time shares. The Jewish community hit SFl every Oct until April. COVID caused early retirement and many who realized could work anywhere “online”. Fl was not a job place. It’s a service state. We sell sun and fun - and medical. The Governor is looking for manufactures. Lol. Grab that from the Chinese’s hands. Not sure how that will fly here. Had two new neighbors Michigan seems to be the state of preference around me. So far - in talking poolside - they don’t like DiSantis. Maybe it’s the zip code.
I saw that. DeSantis had trouble speaking with it. He seemed like he was sick when he was giving that speech. I'll link it. I know "It's Young Turks, of course they'll dunk on DeSantis." It is a rather weird way to choke-up on his words...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV1ihg1kqSo

That said, Arizona has seen a similar manufacturing and warehouse boom. The good to come from it is that the west valley is seeing a LOT of jobs come here. When I first moved out here 14 years ago, the further away you got from Bell Road and the Sun City developments, the less you had.

Old 01-09-2022, 08:25 PM

17,402 posts, read 16,547,378 times
Quote:
Must be the zip code. Sounds angry where you’re at.

He’s loved where I’m at and obviously by the huge number of folks that are moving here. We look forward to 4 more years of him
DeSantis gets cheering crowds and standing ovations wherever he goes.

I saw video of DeSantis at an event in Panama City earlier this year and it was like he was a rock star walking on the stage - the crowd's reaction was amazing. People love this governor and they are grateful to have him. He is a shoo in for 2024.

For those preferring the politics of Gretchen Whitmer, it might be a good time to move to Michigan because it is largely believed that she will be out on her rear end come the election.

Old 01-09-2022, 08:25 PM

Quote:
The weather n space. Strong Vita D - salty and fresh air. We should be the healthiest, but covid is relentless. Many will find that out after moved here. We are just as sick as up north.
What you’re not understanding because of your disdain for DeSantis is that folks are also moving here because they have choices versus dealing with ridiculous restrictions in Dem states and cesspool cities.

Those that are scared can still hunker down and live in fear while others live life and enjoy themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies