Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2022, 08:58 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Why are people so angry that Floridians are still alive?

Why do they want us all dead?
Because they’ve deemed DeSantis a big meanie like because Trump.

Hilarious that they don’t ever mention Sleepy Joes plan he promised to end the virus

Old 01-09-2022, 09:01 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,446,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Florida weather has always been the same, and they’re certainly leaving the Dem states and cesspool cities to come here.

We couldn’t be happier here and spent most all of the ridiculous PA shutdowns here.

It’s hilarious to listen to so many folks bash DeSantis same as they bash because Trump.

DeSantis isn’t going anywhere as Governor unless/until he runs for POTUS.

For those so confident, however, there will be betting odds come election time so don’t forget to put your money where your confidence is.
Some of you act like you have just discovered the promised land. It's a bit ridiculous.

Northerners and mid-Westerners having been vacationing, wintering and moving to FL for years.

The city I live in was founded by a NYer in the late 1800's. People moving to FL for a variety of reasons is nothing new.

For every person moving here for muh freedom, someone else moved here simply to escape covid risk based on population density, retiring to a slower paced lifestyle, weather, beaches and/or cost of living, work or family. Much the same as all the reasons people move to other southern states.

I know very few people who have moved here or anywhere else for that matter based solely on politics.

Old 01-09-2022, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Some of you act like you have just discovered the promised land. It's a bit ridiculous.

Northerners and mid-Westerners having been vacationing, wintering and moving to FL for years.

The city I live in was founded by a NYer in the late 1800's. People moving to FL for a variety of reasons is nothing new.

For every person moving here for muh freedom, someone else moved here simply to escape covid risk based on population density, retiring to a slower paced lifestyle, weather, beaches and/or cost of living, work or family. Much the same as all the reasons people move to other southern states.

I know very few people who have moved here or anywhere else for that matter based solely on politics.
Yep, folks have been vacationing, wintering, and moving to Florida for years, but not at the pace that’s been seen the last 2 years, but if you believe that to be untrue, please do provide stats saying otherwise?

Sounds like you don’t know many people.

Old 01-09-2022, 09:17 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,672,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Well, there are plenty of C-D posters who "care." They'll be along shortly to post Florida's COVID numbers while forgetting to mention that cases in NY are higher and there are five times as many hospitalizations in NY. We know who they are.
and the majority of those cases were admitted for something other than Covid and tested positive. That is the key that the liberal states failed to mention....testing positive, not having Covid, just testing positive. Hell if I was able to get out of NY I would be headed south.

Old 01-09-2022, 10:08 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Oh Biden absolutely gets full credit for insisting that asymptomatic unvaccinated people get tested once or twice a week to prove that they aren't infected just in order to go to work.

That is 110% Biden's doing. He gets FULL blame for that.
So what about employers that see it is paused but continue to do so?

Old 01-09-2022, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Yep, folks have been vacationing, wintering, and moving to Florida for years, but not at the pace that’s been seen the last 2 years, but if you believe that to be untrue, please do provide stats saying otherwise?

Sounds like you don’t know many people.
I know lots of people.

My husband is a NY'er who is a die-hard Yankees fan. Hardly a day goes by he doesn't strike up a conversation with someone in public or coming to our house to do work who is a fellow former NY'er because he is either wearing Yankee paraphernalia or they recognize each other's accents.

They aren't coming here primarily due to politics or to escape covid restrictions. In fact, most of them are usually practicing sensible covid mitigation strategies.

Old 01-09-2022, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
well of course...between bites of eating babies

everyone that's lived in Florida for more than a week....has heard or says that...Florida has the oldest population of all the states

“Florida is ‘ground zero’ for the nursing home,” DeSantis said Sunday. “We’re God’s waiting room. We have a huge number of facilities, a huge number of residents.”
The majority of FL seniors are not sitting around waiting to die as well as the majority does not live in nursing homes.

DeSantis was a complete failure in my book. He had a year to plan and he did virtually nothing. It showed when the rollout of vaccines started. That other people stepped in and saved his bacon says nothing for him.

Old 01-09-2022, 10:57 AM

17,670 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I know lots of people.

My husband is a NY'er who is a die-hard Yankees fan. Hardly a day goes by he doesn't strike up a conversation with someone in public or coming to our house to do work who is a fellow former NY'er because he is either wearing Yankee paraphernalia or they recognize each other's accents.

They aren't coming here primarily due to politics or to escape covid restrictions. In fact, most of them are usually practicing sensible covid mitigation strategies.
Ah, that explains it. New Yorkers whining about DeSantis.

You two are always free to move back to New York. There, you can be among panicked mask wearers and parade your vaccine passports around, all with crime and taxes exploding all around you. I hear there's plenty of real estate, so you should have no problem finding a nice big house.

Old 01-09-2022, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Ah, that explains it. New Yorkers whining about DeSantis.

You two are always free to move back to New York. There, you can be among panicked mask wearers and parade your vaccine passports around, all with crime and taxes exploding all around you. I hear there's plenty of real estate, so you should have no problem finding a nice big house.
Bingo…but they won’t move. They’re much more content complaining about DeSantis and because Trump, and unlikely they’d be happy anywhere.

Old 01-09-2022, 11:01 AM

17,670 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:
Bingo…but they won’t move. They’re much more content complaining about DeSantis and because Trump, and unlikely they’d be happy anywhere.
Fortunately, they're outnumbered here in FL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies