Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2008, 01:33 PM

559 posts, read 1,324,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trabbz View Post
Its illogical to you because you obviously think that gays "choose" to be gay. If you thought they were born homosexual, you wouldn't have any logical argument over something that cannot be controlled, similar to skin color. I would challenge you to have an open conversation with a homosexual, and ask him or her how they feel, how life is for them, if they were born that way, if they feel they have been discriminated against, or called nasty names and if they would like to have a normal family life as an adult. When you do this, let me know how it goes and what this person says.
Maby one day, LuckyGem will have a kid that will come out of the closet and then he/she will become more educated on the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 01:34 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
This thread isn't about homosexual marriage.

That is another thread.

This thread is not about morality or marriage.

This thread is about whether or not homosexuality serves a purpose to the benefit of mankind?

The answer is that it does not serve a purpose to humanity because it is a neutral condition.

Homosexuality is stagnation. Not regeneration and renewal as is in Heterosexuality.

If you want to argue gay marriage find another thread.
Actually, you were arguing gay rights on that post that I quoted. Soooo, I guess you should perhaps argue that another thread.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:36 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
What generalisations about all gay people?

What homophobia on my part?

You miss a lot in your knee jerk reactions to anyone not following lockstep the homosexual agenda.

You should be more open minded and tolerant.
I just wonder if oz is really a friend of Dorothy.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:37 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaysos View Post
Maby one day, LuckyGem will have a kid that will come out of the closet and then he/she will become more educated on the subject.
If homosexuality is genetic, maybe by the time I'm ready to have kids they'll have a cure.

If it's not genetic, and it's psychological, environmental and social, he won't be playing with barbie dolls and wearing my shoes around the house, and there will be a parental lock on the t.v. so I can choose what he is exposed to and at which age. You can guarantee that.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
If homosexuality is genetic, maybe by the time I'm ready to have kids they'll have a cure.

If it's not genetic, and it's psychological, environmental and social, he won't be playing with barbie dolls and wearing my shoes around the house, and there will be a parental lock on the t.v. so I can choose what he is exposed to and at which age. You can guarantee that.
Hahahaha, a cure for homosexuality, that's priceless. What do you suggest, shock treatment?? Lobotomies??? I wish they had a cure for ignorant, intolerant people such as yourself, now THAT is something I hope I'm around for.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:42 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
Thanks for that gem - aren't you the same person who posted something about drunken gay men raping lesbians?

Old 05-21-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:

I did not say is was genetic either. Find a cure?? Are you serious?!? Do you realize how hateful and offiensive that statement is?? I, (and I think I speak for most of the gay community) did not choose to be gay, but we are proud of who we are and after living through all of the negative experiences that we have because of people like you, would not want to change (as far fetched as your "cure" theory is).
It is not a disease, just as having blond hair and blue eyes is not a disease, and if you cant see that from the post by the people that know what their talking about on this tread, well then there is just no use in discussing the matter with you any more because you just cant come to grasp with reality.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:49 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Hahahaha, a cure for homosexuality, that's priceless. What do you suggest, shock treatment?? Lobotomies??? I wish they had a cure for ignorant, intolerant people such as yourself, now THAT is something I hope I'm around for.
You really want to know what the cure would be?

Mother nature has a way of balancing the unbalanced.

With the high proportion of teens who attempt suicide because they are homosexual, what would be the reason for not allowing them to go through with it. Besides the obvious, humans have compassion for one another. Save them. Of course.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:

With the high proportion of teens who attempt suicide because they are homosexual, what would be the reason for not allowing them to go through with it. Besides the obvious, humans have compassion for one another. Save them. Of course.
Oh I see, so you're going to perform an exorcism, is that what you're getting at? As far as I can see, the only thing unbalanced here is yourself & your way of thinking. Sorry sweetie, but your thinking is just not normal. I guess we should do something about that. Could you please provide me some data about suicides for homosexual vs. heterosexual kids please? And you might want to get your data from a website or journal that is decidely NOT anti-gay, thank you

Old 05-21-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:

As evil as that statement is that you just made, I am compelled to respond that yes, suicides are higher among gay teens. Why? Because of people like you that treat them like their some kind of diseased basket case or freak of nature. I dont know how people like you sleep at night. Are you sure you live in L.A. because you have a pretty uninformed isolated attitued for being around so many different people, unless you never leave you living quarters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies