Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2022, 02:52 PM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Amazing post. You nailed it on the head. Can not rep you enough. Other than an unlikely national breakup we are stuck with this crap!
Eventually, the makers will revolt and say "no mas". They'll start leaving in greater numbers than ever.

Need proof? Here it is...

https://www.france24.com/en/20150808...-echos-figures

This whole scenario played out in France from 2000-2014 when 42,000 French Millionaires fled due to tax rates as high as 75%. They took their great wealth, their companies, key employees, the jobs they created, & left.

They never returned.

Think it can't happen here....so did France!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2022, 02:53 PM

2,871 posts, read 1,150,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
...They want this inflation. They need this inflation. It is the only way to address the $30 trillion and soaring national debt.
Bingo. Right on the money (literally), Igor.

Old 01-12-2022, 02:53 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,269,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foulball View Post
I think a very large part of the home price increase is driven by the AirBNB phenomenon- at least in my community. Lots of investors buying homes and putting them on AirBNB and similar. AirBNB shouldn't be allowed in areas zoned for residential.

Personally, I think you should wait it out. These prices aren't worth it. I'm targeting a 60% decline.
I am waiting because I have no choice. There was normal housing inflation until COVID hit, and then housing skyrocketed from lack of sellers and remote workers buying suburban homes. Once COVID is gone, the reverse trend should happen. But we shall see.

Old 01-12-2022, 02:55 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I can't say I'm surprised, our grocery bill is now basically double from a year ago. If anything inflation is massively undercounted and manipulated, if you compare the same items from the 1970's inflation is much much more than 7%

December Consumer Price Index Rises 7%
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/12/cpi-december-2021-.html
And what is the Biden policy to remedy inflation? Simple, fire people for not being vaccinated, and punish any employer who dares to hire those unvaccinated employees.

Old 01-12-2022, 02:57 PM

43,124 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
This isn't just Biden's fault, it's the entire swamp including a good chunk of the right and posters here who enable this behavior by cheerleading asset bubbles to inflate their own net worth. It's individual greed at work to benefit oneself in the short term while shooting oneself in the foot over the long term.

Stock pumptards are just as guilty as people who receive extended unemployment, stimulus checks, corporate bailouts, welfare, and excessive covid money going to states. I don't know if you've been paying attention but most states are flush with extra cash from Covid that they aren't required to pay back.

We literally have the biggest asset bubble in the history of this nation and people have just gotten used to it as the new normal. It makes the 2000 tech bubble look like nothing by comparison. Large corporations continue to buy up residential real estate while everyone looks the other way also. The country the boomers grew up in with affordable real estate and good paying jobs may not be the one today's youth inherit... so millennials used to pick on boomers for selling out this country... well what do you think is going on right now?
The Federal Reserve created it. They have been creating money and pouring it into the economy for 2 years now....nearly $15 trillion (that they have reported).

And they knew inflation would happen...history my friend...70-80's inflation and Volcker.

Only inflation is rising quicker than they anticipated..shock and awe..right ?
Volcker ended up raising the prime rate to 21%. Unemployment skyrocketed for a while, 2 deep recessions and then...we recovered and stabilized.

What we have today may just be the beginning of an awful bumpy ride.

10,864 posts, read 6,484,106 times
The Fed said they will raise rate,first raise could be March 1.2022.
But it wont do much good.
This is like the Pavlov experiment,raise rate 25% or lower rate 25%!

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I can't say I'm surprised, our grocery bill is now basically double from a year ago. If anything inflation is massively undercounted and manipulated, if you compare the same items from the 1970's inflation is much much more than 7%

December Consumer Price Index Rises 7%
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/12/cpi-december-2021-.html
This is what people voted for. Everyone knew this was going to happen.

Old 01-12-2022, 03:18 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
I have to eat one croissant a day for my mental health and the local price has gone up by two-thirds. So if the supermarket has a sale, I stock up and freeze them.

Stores always have 'loss leaders,' items sold at cost or lower to bring the punters into their stores where they will spend more money on other things. Take advantage when you can!

Old 01-12-2022, 04:52 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
So please explain why you think it is wrong for anyone to think that citizens should be favored over non-citizens when it comes to benefits that are funded by taxes.
What does that have to do with your reply in post #47 or my reply to said reply in post #65? If it does not, I am not answering because that is deflection to your downright disgusting cheering of misery on American households just to get Republicans back in power who don't give a fig about anyone not in the donor class. The past 30 years, should tell you that for all you say about Democrats, Republicans are the exact same with a different name. Not my fault you are blue-pilling with your support for team red.

Old 01-12-2022, 05:02 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
That’s a very right-wing elitist thing to say, blame the workers of course.
its not blaming the worker...its blaming the government for even having a min wage

min wage is designed to be a floor, for UNSKILLED WORKERS...not to be a living wage for a family of 4

I would have no problem with retail workers, or "burger flippers" earning $15 (or more ) an hour....

but what we need is PAY FOR PERFORMANCE....not give 15/hr to incompetence

Liberals: we demand more money, even though we have no skills

its not that people think they deserve nothing, not even decent wages....

but....

I have an issue with giving a min wage to incompetence (this is pointed mostly at the fast food workers, but also many in retail too)...I am tired of going to a store, wanting to ask a question about a product, or placing an order for fast food, and they are so incompetent, that they get the order wrong, or have zero knowledge of the section they are working in.

when I am shopping, I ask questions, I want the best product for my need, theincompetence of the retail world today is so shocking..... years ago it was about customer service, knowledge of the product, today its about a quick sale with no knowledge of the product.

last week I went to a target....asked a simple question, not even ABOUT a product, but where to find the product....kid looked at me like I had 5 heads.......incompetence

I walked from my workplace to the taco-bell a couple of blocks down...asked for a very simple order...2 chicken soft tacos with onion...... walked back to work to find they handed me 2 chopmeat(beef) soft taco's with no onion.....incompetence

I have to travel a lot to Ft. Bragg...you go down south and they put mustard on hamburgers ( my opinion is mustard is for hot dogs, while catsup is for hamburgers)....place my order at a McDonalds "two Cheeseburgers NO MUSTARD"......incompetent slugs cant even get that correct

these fast food workers of today.....incompetent slugs............... yes I said ...incompetence......and they want to demand 15/hr...they aren't even worth 5/hr with that level of incompetence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies