Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2022, 11:11 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
when did the American Rescue Plan get passed? I swear, your economic illiteracy and "hate Trump" knows no bounds.

You are pointing to the spring of 2019, ignoring that there was low inflation and only steady growth (not the higher growth Trump wanted and predicted) until January 2020. That's 18 months.
American rescue plan wasn’t a budget. We’re only a few months into the first Biden budget.

Trump wanted low inflation but ended his term with high inflation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
The whole housing inflation makes me mad. Finally got a good job with good pay, and decent down payment and then housing has to jump 30% here. All that extra money I got in stimulus funds counts for nothing because it was eaten away by inflation.
It’s not really inflation with housing it’s demand.

The US runs a deficit of i think 3 million new housing units yearly. Just like you a buncha people have a bunch more money to spend and they were just quicker to getting a house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2022, 11:22 AM

388 posts, read 275,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
More than 50% no longer pay net federal income taxes, so are takers.

If they vote for Dems, the freebies continue, plus NEW freebies keep coming. If they vote for Pubs, the freebies they already have continue, but no NEW freebies. If you were a taker, who would you vote for?

Black women vote for Dems due to abortion...no changing their minds.

Fed Government workers vote for Dems because they make 1.5X as much as private sector workers, so they won't change.

LGBQ are afraid of the religious right locking them all up, so they'll always vote for Dems.

Adademia will always vote for Dems, & most K-12 educators too.

Most urban city dwellers vote for Dems no matter how bad their city gets...see Detroit...no changing that.

If inflation reaches 30%, these people will still vote for Dems.

I really cannot see how makers ever win another national election, no matter what inflation is.

And, if you believe inflation is only 7%, then I'm praying for you.
Sad truth and well said. I wish the situation gets turned around for the better. Looking at this thread, so many people are hurting and for no fault of their own. They did their hard work and yet this!

I know a couple-friend who are in 40s. Both husband and wife are extremely conservative. True Southern Appalachian people and predictably very conservative about issues: Abortion, LGBT, role of religion in society... But when it comes to voting, they vote Democrats all the time. Why? Because of 'benefits'. Super takers!

About inflation, it has not affected me and wife. We make good money, have no kids nor we have any kind of debt and we outright own our house. And we are young and healthy. Our biggest concerns usually are what to do to 'enjoy' the weekends. But even I couldn't help noticing that the 40 pounds Pennington bird seed bag which I used to buy for about $16 at Walmart not so long ago is now $24.47. That's a big jump. I will keep feeding the critters because they need our help in an environment where their space is shrinking.

Old 01-12-2022, 11:29 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Yeah, prices are definitely up on everything. I started looking for a new enclosed snowmobile/utv trailer and was shocked at the prices now, from a couple of years ago. What was around $10k is at least $15k or more now. And those prices are driving the used market prices up as well.
try buying a used truck. used cars are skyrocketing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
IDK where Kroger gets beef but every 2 weeks they do a 2 for 1 special on pot roast or steak. And it's good beef. My freezer is full. Works out to around 3.50 a pound. Asparagus has been .97, Honey crisp apples .67, Progresso soup .99, Orowheat bread 2 for 1, chicken parts .97., and milk is .97 a half gallon.

I guess the grocers are not competitive in Florida.
i can barely get 30% fatburger for 3.50 a pound.

OTOH, some things haven't risen that much at all at least in my area. chicken, eggs, and dairy are all still reasonable.
beef, pork, produce, everything else is up, sometimes WAY up.

Old 01-12-2022, 11:30 AM

26,422 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I feel for folks who heat their homes with natural gas. I've been able to afford the elevated prices so far, but I feel for those who can't afford it and have had to cut back. Although I'm sure Democrats LOVE high prices for natural gas because they want to force everyone into electric heat because climate change.
I replaced the HVAC in my house last year with a two stage stage heat pump that is 90% efficient. It is a much better option than natural gas for a large area of the country. Natural gas for heating needs to be left back in the 20th century.

Old 01-12-2022, 11:35 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Media is doing their best to excuses biden. Surely half of the populace (idiots) will buy it.

Old 01-12-2022, 11:36 AM

26,422 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
It's worse then the Jimmy Carter reign. At least Carter had his wits about him and was cognizant.
I don't think Biden even knows what day it is.
Ah, so the rampant inflation didn't exist under the first three years of Ronald Reagan's presidency either, got it! You need to study the history of stagflation in the 1970s and 80s. It took many years and multiple administrations to solve via Volcker. This is not the same scenario we have now because they didn't have another good economic pandemic example to follow. We see the unintended consequences of flooding the system with dollars. Too many dollars chasing too few goods, labor shortages, and issues related to work force participation and the virus all merging into a large-scale mess.

Old 01-12-2022, 11:56 AM

12,040 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelyone777 View Post
I am so sick of this BS and the overall corruption in America. Meanwhile, people live off taxpayers are getting raises in their handouts.
The third world from 150 different countries are swarming across our open Biden-welcoming borders getting put up in hotels and flown all over the country dumped on cities which have to suck up the costs of their education, welfare, health costs and often crime costs…..
$850 million of the free Covid tests we were supposed to get went instead to pay for the border mess — it’s why we never got all those free Covid tests — money was transferred to border mess
Folks — we taxpayers are paying for all this corruption and incompetence .

Old 01-12-2022, 12:03 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
This is a portrait of how the misinformation gets spread.

1. $2-$2.50 is not doubling, you made the big statement, and then quietly acknowledged it is only 25%, which is bad enough, and

2. Calling it Bidenflation. This started before his fiscal year started. It is the culmination of 40+ years before him, accellerated by Trump's pressure to lower rates when they should have been raised. Blame Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan and their predicessors, in addition to Trump, but you can't pin this on Biden. His FIRST fiscal year only started in October.

It's easy to see how the biased media tricks people.
Exactly. Directly a lot of Biden issues were issued Trump caused by actions or his inactions. Biden's issues were more or less not addressing the issues. Yes, most issues existed pre-Trump but Trump policy didn't help. Only a partisan hack thinks Biden caused many of these issues himself. Sadly this forum is full of them...

Old 01-12-2022, 12:04 PM

464 posts, read 314,834 times
What did everyone think would happen when the government and establishments said they were going to raise worker wages? Everyone in America was cheering it on and acting like there wouldn't be repercussion. A Costco worker boasted on Tik Tok, "When you make $29.50 just to draw smiley faces on receipts.”

Well if it now cost $29.50 per hour just to have someone draw smiley faces, what will it cost to to get nurses and doctors to operate on you?

Old 01-12-2022, 12:07 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Exactly. Directly a lot of Biden issues were issued Trump caused by actions or his inactions. Biden's issues were more or less not addressing the issues. Yes, most issues existed pre-Trump but Trump policy didn't help. Only a partisan hack thinks Biden caused many of these issues himself. Sadly this forum is full of them...
Oh for damn sake....as soon as trump took over you and your partisan hacks absolved obama of everything and it became trumps fault from the first day he took office.....

So, now everything is now bidens fault, don't like your own medicine, who cares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies