Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 01:24 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,311,191 times

Advertisements

fella, here is exactly what you typed. You're welcome to review your own post for exactly what you typed, even though I already quoted the entire post 1 time,
Quote:
That said I agree. I think America is too divided today. It is too much my team rules and the other is evil. I am no less guilty, but I do call out Democrats when they do wrong and praise Republicans who put party over country. That said, I wish more from both parties did.
you meant to say "...and praise Republicans when they put country over party". You've confirmed that this is what you meant to say.

But it is not what you said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2022, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
That is a disgusting attitude to have and part of the reason why we are so partisan. This right here is an example of party over country. Why do want people just to suffer so we can have the corrupt Republicans say they'll do things differently but never change and act as an abusive partner? Sorry, I'm not saying Democrats are perfect (far from it, except Sinema) but the Republicans especially ones I can vote for are total scum.
here's that other example.

at least, I think based on what you've said in the past, you're not big on Sinema.

But what you typed was Democrats are far from perfect ["it" in this usage], except Sinema, meaning you do think Sinema is perfect.

Old 01-13-2022, 02:36 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
fella, here is exactly what you typed. You're welcome to review your own post for exactly what you typed, even though I already quoted the entire post 1 time,

you meant to say "...and praise Republicans when they put country over party". You've confirmed that this is what you meant to say.

But it is not what you said.
No I did not mean "country over party" when I typed "party over country", I did indeed mean "party over country." Why is this so hard to understand?

Old 01-13-2022, 03:01 PM

so you praise Republicans when they put party over country. Got it.

Old 01-13-2022, 04:09 PM

12,043 posts, read 6,576,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
What about the part where you call it Bidenflation, but it's a result of things that have been in motion for decades, and specifically, the biggest factor for our prices right now is Trump's fed policy to pressure them to lower interest rates in a booming market? Anyone knows that causes inflation.

Do you think calling it "bidenflation" was honest?
Do you think talking about doubling pricing, but giving an example of 25% is honest?
If MSNBC or CNN had pulled that, when Trump was in office, would you have been satisfied? (If you choose to answer only one quesiton, answer this one.)
Trump again….really???
Inflation on Trump’s last day = 1.4%
Inflation now with Biden = 7%

Old 01-13-2022, 04:48 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Trump again….really???
Inflation on Trump’s last day = 1.4%
Inflation now with Biden = 7%
The makings for everything that exists under Biden was there when Trump left. Does anyone really think Trump would have us better off? Besides enacting the DPA which neither Trump or Biden did in a reasonable amount of time, there isn't much a president can really do.

Old 01-16-2022, 12:31 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
Inflation going higher is the reason I'm buying everything I might need later now. Why pay more?

Old 01-16-2022, 08:57 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Inflation going higher is the reason I'm buying everything I might need later now. Why pay more?
Better yet buy it on credit. Take mortgages out on real estate, the payments will just keep getting cheaper every month with inflation

Old 01-16-2022, 09:07 PM

18,502 posts, read 9,170,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Better yet buy it on credit. Take mortgages out on real estate, the payments will just keep getting cheaper every month with inflation
Taking on large amounts of debt to game inflation is a very foolish thing to do. You are assuming that your wages will keep pace with inflation. They won’t.

Old 01-16-2022, 09:47 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Taking on large amounts of debt to game inflation is a very foolish thing to do. You are assuming that your wages will keep pace with inflation. They won’t.
Not if you're buying capital assets, their value will rise with inflation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies