Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 02:52 PM

20,838 posts, read 17,146,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
I'm disappointed the Supreme Court allowed vaccine mandates to continue on healthcare workers. With this ruling, expect the healthcare worker shortage to continue and get worse.

It should not be allowed of the government to enforce healthcare workers to get vaccinated. Yes, I understand most healthcare workers get inoculated with every inoculation that is available to them. In any case, it should be up to the individual healthcare worker to decide what is best for themselves. At most, it should be up to each individual Hospital system.
As an RN I support it. I also support random drug testing.

Do you really want a sick person with a needle or a pilot high on crack? We are not angels....ya' know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2022, 02:54 PM

635 posts, read 1,168,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
As an RN I support it. I also support random drug testing.

Do you really want a sick person with a needle or a pilot high on crack? We are not angels....ya' know?
You won’t be supporting it when they start making you take boosters every 4 months.

Old 01-13-2022, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinE View Post
You won’t be supporting it when they start making you take boosters every 4 months.
I won't either. Especially now that I've had the demon and am recovering.

Old 01-13-2022, 02:57 PM

43,320 posts, read 18,440,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
There was no constitutional question at issue.The Court said that the OSHA law limited the actions of the Gov, not the constitution. If Congress voted tomorrow to allow the Fed to require vaccinations as part of OSHA it would not be in conflict with the decision today.
No they can't because of state vs fed powers.

Biden and Co. have been trying like hell to mandate this vaccine any way possible and that is because...

they do not have the power to do it directly.

Public Health belongs to the states.

Old 01-13-2022, 02:58 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,775,070 times
As much as I cannot stand Trump, I do have to thank him for appointing enough constitutional Justices to maintain the integrity of our system, rather than allowing left wing extremist Justices to change our country forever.

When you are a Judge or Justice, it should never matter what you want or what you prefer. It should always be only what the law and constitution state. That's it.

Old 01-13-2022, 03:02 PM

30,694 posts, read 18,331,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Dumb ruling. It doesn’t stop other agencies like CMS from forcing the vaccine on people. It doesn’t create at personal bodily rights. It just said one government agency doesn’t have the power to do this. Theoretically, they could just make unvaccinated people pay a tax next. I’m not antivax but don’t like mandates.
The other agencies at least have to try to find something within their statutory texts that could conceivably authorize them to issue such rules. I'm curious to see if even a plausible argument could be made in this regard.

Old 01-13-2022, 03:05 PM

24,740 posts, read 9,538,748 times
Good to see Biden’s “master plan” has been stopped dead in the tracks.

No one should be forced to take the vaccine via extortion for a 98% survival rate virus, I don’t care who they are.

Old 01-13-2022, 03:09 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,491,610 times
The point has been made that if certain workers are forced to take the vaccine why shouldn't people on welfare be forced to take the vaccine? Hmmmm. That's really a good question. It should be shoved up Biden's you-know-what until a solid answer is forthcoming.

Old 01-13-2022, 03:10 PM

30,694 posts, read 18,331,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
As a moderate this is a good decision. As a former Republican I've been disgusted the way the way the right has acted with the non-stop conspiracy theories and savior Trump thumping but me being as practical as they come this by far was the correct decision. To mandate the vaccine was never a good idea from Biden. If he loses the election in 2024 because of this it will be telling.

Either way I will not be voting for Trump and barely voting for Biden as is. Biden needs to back off this mandate and own the mistake. Republicans need to nominate someone else-- a guy that has the character of a president (Be it Cruz or De Santis- not saying I would vote for them but they are at least can represent our country in a presidential manner).
You let your hatred for Trump blind you to the fact that he was actually among our most moderate presidents in decades.

Yes, he did many things to make Republicans happy, but he also threw out plenty of fodder for Democrats/leftists/moderates as well, which was evident to all not blinded by their hatred of the man.

I'm talking about everything from permanently funding (at the federal level) HBCUs to criminal justice reform in the First Step Act to expanded parental leave for federal workers to working to secure our border (yes, securing the border should be a moderate issue . . . that some may consider it not to be just shows how far left some have drifted, IMO) to his positions on trade and renegotiating several troublesome trade pacts (Trump's position on trade was actually more in line with the historic Democrat position on trade, though leftists again let their hatred of everything Trump blind them to this) to support for large infrastructure projects (again, a Democrat priority, even if Pelosi and other Democrats ultimately didn't want to give him a win on that issue).

Letting your feelings on who is "presidential" guide your vote may sound good, but it ultimately does nothing to the policies that you'll have to live under if the "wrong" kind of person gets elected. You say here at Biden needs to own his "mistake" on the vaccine mandates, but it wasn't a "mistake" on his part. Moreover, had Hillary been in office and been able to appoint three Supreme Court justices instead of Trump, this policy would have been upheld.

I'll gladly take Trump's "un-presidential" behavior if it means keeping my freedoms.

Old 01-13-2022, 03:12 PM

The people who think that they can do whatever they want with our nation will be a blip on the historical radar.

MAGA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies