Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2022, 10:49 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Sorry to be so judgmental. Never meant to imply anybody not wearing a mask was bad. I just don't want to give it to somebody else if I am carrying and asymptomatic.

We all have different circumstances. I happen to be related to several people who would die if they got it. I don't want to be the one who unawares, brings it to them. Two are 95+ and one is on dialysis at home, has a pacemaker and just had a stroke. YMMV.
Curious:

Would you be masking up around them if there were no COVID... to protect them from flu/pneumonia?

Old 01-15-2022, 10:51 AM

24,632 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Sorry to be so judgmental. Never meant to imply anybody not wearing a mask was bad. I just don't want to give it to somebody else if I am carrying and asymptomatic.
Africans don't have masks, are you implying that they are intentionally infecting someone else.

This is a global pandemic, not an American pandemic. Your mask isn't going to negate the billions who aren't wearing one.

Old 01-15-2022, 10:52 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Are you nuts? I'm not the one who fears this. I'm the one who's ****** because I'm mandated to wear a mask in public in my state... while people like you spout your anti-vax nonsense. You're the one who lives in fear of a vaccine.
no where in his response did he say anything "anti-vaxx".

Attempting to understand his point and your reaction - you spoke to the "absolute" necessity to get vaccinated to be protected. His point is that's NOT the ONLY protection, and likely not even the BEST. There's a lot of people with acquired immunity from prior infection.

Old 01-15-2022, 11:07 AM

17,622 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Are you nuts? I'm not the one who fears this. I'm the one who's ****** because I'm mandated to wear a mask in public in my state... while people like you spout your anti-vax nonsense. You're the one who lives in fear of a vaccine.
I’m not nuts and I am vaccinated. I’m against making vaccines mandatory. The government should have no say in what gets injected into our bodies. Make the vaccine available, be honest about its capabilities, and let the individual adults decide for themselves.

Old 01-15-2022, 12:41 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,474,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I’m not nuts and I am vaccinated. I’m against making vaccines mandatory. The government should have no say in what gets injected into our bodies. Make the vaccine available, be honest about its capabilities, and let the individual adults decide for themselves.
I agree with you.

Old 01-15-2022, 12:45 PM

8,238 posts, read 3,492,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
Exactly. You take care of you. Simple, isn't it?

As for testing positive after being vaccinated, that's common sense. I'm vaccinated. That doesn't stop me from being exposed. So either my body or the vaccine fights off the virus so that I'm either mildly sick or asymptomatic. If I'm asymptomatic, didn't the vaccine work the way it's supposed to? I didn't get sick. If not for all the forced and paranoid testing as far as anyone knows I never had covid. That's the whole point of the vaccine. It's not a magical force field.
Since you might have been asymptomatic without the vaccine too, there's no way to tell. People are asymptomatic without the vaccine.

Old 01-15-2022, 12:47 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I don't get why we still have a mask mandate, especially here in NY...

To protect me? Well, I'm vaccinated and already protected.

To protect others? Well if other people are so worried and scared about me being maskless, why don't they get vaccinated?

So this really all boils down to the people who don't want to get vaccinated. I get it, your body, your choice. So why isn't it my choice now to not wear a mask now that I'm vaccinated? Why is this only a choice to the unvaccinated?
Seems a bit off eh?

Seems like they are admitting that the vaccines do not work, since it doesn't matter whether you are vaccinated or not. Or, the city or state you live in just wants to exert power and control over you and everyone else.

Old 01-15-2022, 12:49 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Seems a bit off eh?

Seems like they are admitting that the vaccines do not work, since it doesn't matter whether you are vaccinated or not. Or, the city or state you live in just wants to exert power and control over you and everyone else.
If anyone doesn't want to wear a mask, then DON'T. Or start holding your government accountable.

Your local/state governments are implementing these 'mandates.'

Getting mad at other citizens is pointless.

Old 01-15-2022, 12:50 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Clearly masks make people sicker since cities that mandate them have rising Covid rates.

Old 01-15-2022, 12:50 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Simple, there is power and money to be had by government, by forcing this vaccine on everyone. Making your life hell because others are not vaccinated, is just another way to motivate you to join in and demand everyone to get the vaccines, and the boosters, and the masks, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies