Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2022, 04:31 PM

3,503 posts, read 1,414,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Why do you believe the COVID vaccine prevents infection and spreading the virus?

Ok fair enough. You don't think the vaccine works well enough in preventing and spreading, I get it. So, you think a face mask will somehow make you superman and immune to this virus??

Old 01-15-2022, 07:16 PM

7,639 posts, read 8,715,152 times
Why should others get the experimental drug injected into their body just because you don't want to wear masks?

Old 01-15-2022, 07:45 PM

3,085 posts, read 1,549,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Ok fair enough. You don't think the vaccine works well enough in preventing and spreading, I get it. So, you think a face mask will somehow make you superman and immune to this virus??
I dont think the CEO of Pfizer thinks the vaccine works very well either: https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/10/pfiz...r-omicron.html

Old 01-15-2022, 08:34 PM

449 posts, read 195,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I'm unvaccinated, I don't wear a mask. I live in an area with NO restrictions.

How am I still alive? Please explain.

You don't watch TV, aren't on social media and therefore have not received or gained access to the lies as of yet .... OR .... you have a great immune system and have received natural immunity ... the not PC guess ...

Old 01-15-2022, 08:41 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,795,627 times
Because your average politician is about as intelligent as a kitchen sink. And about as useful as the stuff that gets stuck in your garbage disposal....

Old 01-16-2022, 06:15 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I don't get why we still have a mask mandate, especially here in NY...

To protect me? Well, I'm vaccinated and already protected.

To protect others? Well if other people are so worried and scared about me being maskless, why don't they get vaccinated?

So this really all boils down to the people who don't want to get vaccinated. I get it, your body, your choice. So why isn't it my choice now to not wear a mask now that I'm vaccinated? Why is this only a choice to the unvaccinated?
It boils down to.....

The democrat governors are on a power trip and are NEVER going to give it up.

Old 01-16-2022, 07:38 AM

37,111 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
No, you are not. You only have a temporary artificial immunity boost to allow you to get through infection easier. That's it.For about 120 days, then you have nothing else but your natural immunity. What's left of it.

Hence, you wear mask to protect YOU from from an airborne aerosol infection that is everywhere. It is, simply out in the air. Read up on military or cruise ships, 100% vaccinated everyone, and still getting outbreaks of breakthrough infections.
Hence, even if you will be among 200% vaccinated people, you will still get infected. Infected as in - pathogen will find you. If not from people, then from animals or even trees.

From that on, it comes down to simple choice. Do I beleieve that masks prevent from airborne aerosol infection, or not? If I do not believe and yet, I am wearing mask, I am a coward, following stupid pointless rule.
But there is no need to scapegoat non vaccinated folks as, it is beyond any doubt that vaccinated are carriers and shedding more than non vaccinated.
No, the vaccinated are not shedding more virus than the unvaccinated, especially if boosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Because vaccinated people can catch and give covid, that's why.
The vaccinated are at lower risk to get infected, especially if boosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelinnen View Post
I prefer vaccinated people to stay away from me, I can do without the shedding
The vaccines do not shed. There is no virus in them to shed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
My husband and I got the J&J vaccine. It was supposed to be a "one and done" deal. Meanwhile, others got the mRNA ones. When the vaccines came out, we were all told that the mRNA ones were better than any vaccine ever created because they were 90% effective after 2 doses. Heck, J&J was only supposed to be 65% effective---later that got amended to the mid-70 percent. Average non-covid vaccines are about 75% effective, for comparison.

Turned out it was all a big lie regarding the mRNA ones. Now, one has to be vaccinated every 6 months until the end of their lives. To add insult to injury, those vaccines have killed or seriously injured lots of people. So what do the powers that be do about this? They double down and make a kids' version. When kids 12 and up started dying or getting injured, the powers that be decided to give the vaccine to kids 5 and up!

Meanwhile, they are having a freak out because 9 people died from blood clots after getting J&J. The powers that be have now demonized J&J and are pushing to stop giving it to people. This, after telling those of us who got J&J that we now need a booster. Such schizophrenic messaging!

Meanwhile, they are refusing to allow Novavax into this country even though it has proven to be effective and is an old school vaccine. Supposedly, they now are considering allowing it.

Do you know that some people can't mask up, let alone double mask? I know a woman who went into a coma due to undiagnosed Type 1 diabetes. When she came out of her coma, she was left with a host of allergies on top of being asthmatic. She was told by her doctors to never mask up. Plus, she was told to never get a covid vax. Do you think someone like her deserves to die due to not masking or getting vaccinated?

Finally, vaccines are meant to stop the spread of disease. Yet with the mRNA ones, one can still get covid after vaccination. IOW, these vaccines are worthless. Not only can you still get covid and spread it to others but no one knows if one will get injured or die after receiving it. Those who don't immediately get injured or die can never say with certainty that they will be fine in the future.
There was no lie concerning the original effectiveness of the mRNA vaccines. What could not be predicted was the duration of protection and the emergence of variants for which the vaccines were less effective.

There is no evidence that the vaccines have "killed or seriously injured lots of people".

No one is refusing to allow Novavax in the US. The manufacturer is just completing its application to the FDA:

https://ir.novavax.com/2021-12-31-No...EUA%20vaccines.

Being in a diabetic coma would not cause someone to develop allergies. If anything a mask would reduce exposure to respiratory allergens. Many people wear them in countries with high levels of air pollution. Diabetes, type 1 or type 2, is a risk factor for bad outcome with covid. It is not a contraindication to the vaccine.

Vaccinated people can get infected, but the risk is lower than for the unvaccinated.

Old 01-16-2022, 08:07 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,311,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
You are making this citizen against government. Let's forget about the government, what does your doctor recommend? If your doctor told you to wear a n95, would you listen to your personal family doctor?
Well, it's not doctors mandating it. And assuming you've heard of the Barrington Declaration, not all doctors agree with what our current public health leadership has done. And for that, doctors from Harvard, Oxford, etc have been called "fringe quacks" by the 2 most powerful public health people in the US.

I doubt a conversation I had with my doctor, based on being double-vaxxed, in generally good health, going over the statistical risks, and discussing what vulnerable populations that I am in close contact with, would lead them to convince me that I should go out on the internet and find real N95 masks and use them the proper way.

But if they had a solid medical position? Sure.

You are aware there are doctors who are pro-vaccine but will tell you the low efficacy of masks, right? That not everybody who is anti-mandate is unvaxxed and never wears a mask. Right?

Old 01-16-2022, 08:11 AM

1,839 posts, read 678,031 times
I didn't read all the comments in this 19+ page thread, but to answer the question if not already stated, mask mandates are put back into place when covid hospitalizations go up, and hospitals are overwhelmed.

The Delaware governor re-imposed an indoor mask mandate because of overload in the state's hospitals.
https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...ndate-tuesday/

Delaware Gov. John Carney:
"Our hospital systems are facing a crisis-level situation with record numbers of Delawareans seeking emergency care," Carney said in a statement. "We need all Delawareans in the fight as we face this winter surge of COVID-19 to make sure our hospitals are not overrun."

And while it is up for debate if masking works, there has been data that suggests it might:
https://montco.today/2021/11/mask-ma...vid-19-montco/

Back in November of last year, Philadelphia had lower cases with lower vaccination rates than Montgomery County, PA.

“The only difference I see is the mask mandate,” said Cheryl Bettigole, Philadelphia’s acting health commissioner. “It’s hard to see what the difference is otherwise.”

I try to review at local reporting which relies on local data.

Old 01-16-2022, 10:49 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,526,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
It doesn't. It prevents death.

As for vaccinated people spreading it,,, too bad for those who refuse it. Mask up twice or get vaccinated to prevent death, and leave the rest of us alone. It isn't up to us to save you.
99.5% of unvaxed that get cv don't die. 80% have mild symptoms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies