Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2022, 08:24 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Ergo, vaccinated are super spreaders, not non-vaccinated.
It doesn’t matter who the super spreaders are - the masks are not stopping them from spreading it.

Old 01-17-2022, 09:12 AM

9,511 posts, read 9,094,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Dont forget supposedly less likely to be hospitalized if you do get covid.

They still play these backpedaling cards since no vaccine is 100% as has been said a few hundred times in these very forums.
Nice try. No studies on whether vaccinated or unvaccinated are hospitalized. Remember tracking breakthrough cases? Ops, we don’t do that. And most of any hospitalizations are old people. Again, pretty narrative without ANY factual studies. Keep believing the fake media articles and selected interviews of that ONE hospital that may have younger hospitalizations (called Jude).

Old 01-17-2022, 09:13 AM

9,511 posts, read 9,094,475 times
How this thread any different than the hundred others? There are about four people on here who shrill for vaccines like their lives (or stock portfolios) depend on it.

Old 01-17-2022, 09:14 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,501,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You do understand that in NYC they are basically COVID prisoners, right?

They need to be vaccinated and boosterated, they need to wear masks, they need to have a COVID vaccine passport ... they need to keep their jobs and feed their families.

Yet cases are skyrocketing among those religiously following the above measures.
Yep. I am here and unable to go in the office because I’m not vaccinated. Or a gym or the movies or a restaurant. I can’t wait to leave this hellhole and never live in a blue state again.

Old 01-17-2022, 09:25 AM

24,003 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
Yep. I am here and unable to go in the office because I’m not vaccinated. Or a gym or the movies or a restaurant. I can’t wait to leave this hellhole and never live in a blue state again.
I sell you my house in Houston. No mask required anywhere. If any body would require them, just pull it down around your chin and carry on.

Old 01-17-2022, 09:25 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
In my red state the state or government isn't requiring mask wear at all. Instead, it's private employers doing it. For instance, my favorite restaurant went back to requiring employees to wear masks ever since last summer when the ICU ward at my local hospital filled back up.
I roll my eyes at places that forces employees to mask yet doesn't force customers or guests to wear them. Hello, McFly, they can still get sick from the aerosol of a customer or guest without a mask on. If businesses have the right to right to refuse business, do it to protect the workers. And people wonder why stores have empty pegs when employees cannot come in because they are sick or quarantined...

Old 01-17-2022, 09:30 AM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
It doesn’t matter who the super spreaders are - the masks are not stopping them from spreading it.
Agreed, cloth masks do not work. And there is currently no mandate barring their use.

Quote:
CDC warns loosely woven cloth masks are 'least protective' against COVID
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/cdc-...ry?id=82274150

Old 01-17-2022, 09:36 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,501,659 times
I actually don’t mind the mask. It’s the mandates that scare me.

Old 01-17-2022, 10:08 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I don't get why we still have a mask mandate, especially here in NY...

To protect me? Well, I'm vaccinated and already protected.

To protect others? Well if other people are so worried and scared about me being maskless, why don't they get vaccinated?

So this really all boils down to the people who don't want to get vaccinated. I get it, your body, your choice. So why isn't it my choice now to not wear a mask now that I'm vaccinated? Why is this only a choice to the unvaccinated?
I thought that as well....stopped wearing a mask and then contracted the virus. Not sure which variant, I'm guessing the Delta since it was before Omicron popped up.

The only think the vaccine does, is , in most cases, keeps one from being hospitalized.

Old 01-17-2022, 10:42 AM

3,503 posts, read 1,414,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I thought that as well....stopped wearing a mask and then contracted the virus. Not sure which variant, I'm guessing the Delta since it was before Omicron popped up.

The only think the vaccine does, is , in most cases, keeps one from being hospitalized.

And again I ask.... had you worn a mask, would it REALLY have made a difference? I'm very doubtful it would've.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies