Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2022, 12:43 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB71 View Post
Why do I need to wear a mask just to appease other people's feelings?? I don't have the damn Chyna virus, have yet to get it, not vaccinated, and if I'm sick (haven't been in over two years), I stay the hell home. Why is freedom of choice so hard for people to understand?
How exactly can there be a Chyna Virus when Joanie Lauer has been dead for about six years now? China has NEVER gone by the spelling that was used by the former wrestler, actor and adult film star. She has used the spelling of the country for trying to get around the WWE copywriter however.

Old 01-17-2022, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Sure, t3h 5ci3nce™ changed (which is why it's so stupid to proclaim "t3h 5ci3nce™ has spoken and all other viewpoints are heretical"), but the policy response from the Branch Covidians is largely the same. Why is that?

The sooner people stop believing the lie that we're going to mask and jab our way to the end of COVID, the sooner we'll learn to cope with it and get back to something approximating a normal life.
First off science is often prone to change. Look at all the red wine studies on the evening news. At least three times a year we hear contrayian information about the effects of drinking a glass of red wine everyday. And that is not a controversial situation like a pandemic. Add politics into it, and forget about it. We let COVID get too political back before it hit and we wonder why we are so divided.

What you say of those of that listen to the science and adapt to it, I say of those that have been conspiracy theorists that are wearing tin foil hats. You know, the "Gates iz gunna chip uz, we want our freedom!" We all remember those covidiots from 2020. Still no chips. We have used the vaccine passports but that is often for special events like concerts and comedy shows, maybe more in other states.

Old 01-17-2022, 01:02 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I don't get why we still have a mask mandate, especially here in NY...

To protect me? Well, I'm vaccinated and already protected.

To protect others? Well if other people are so worried and scared about me being maskless, why don't they get vaccinated?

So this really all boils down to the people who don't want to get vaccinated. I get it, your body, your choice. So why isn't it my choice now to not wear a mask now that I'm vaccinated? Why is this only a choice to the unvaccinated?
So sit is clear that COVID still spreads to those vaccinated. Wearing a mask in public buildings will not stop the spread, but the general global consensus is that a mask -- especially N95, KN95 help to slow the spread.

This is talked about on the media pretty regularly and even on this board. I suspect you weren't really looking for why you need a mask more than to complain about wearing a mask.

I agree. I was glad to get rid of my mask when I could. Not a fan of them. But I understand why they mandate them and so oblige.

Old 01-17-2022, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So sit is clear that COVID still spreads to those vaccinated. Wearing a mask in public buildings will not stop the spread, but the general global consensus is that a mask -- especially N95, KN95 help to slow the spread.

This is talked about on the media pretty regularly and even on this board. I suspect you weren't really looking for why you need a mask more than to complain about wearing a mask.

I agree. I was glad to get rid of my mask when I could. Not a fan of them. But I understand why they mandate them and so oblige.
Agreed. I don't think anyone actively liked wearing said masks but gladly wore them to not have the alternative.

Old 01-17-2022, 01:07 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Agreed. I don't think anyone actively liked wearing said masks but gladly wore them to not have the alternative.
I won't even say 'gladly' wear them.

But we just do.

Old 01-17-2022, 01:29 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
Ugly people like wearing masks. So do criminals.

Old 01-17-2022, 02:06 PM

9,987 posts, read 5,689,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
First off science is often prone to change. Look at all the red wine studies on the evening news. At least three times a year we hear contrayian information about the effects of drinking a glass of red wine everyday. And that is not a controversial situation like a pandemic. Add politics into it, and forget about it. We let COVID get too political back before it hit and we wonder why we are so divided.

What you say of those of that listen to the science and adapt to it, I say of those that have been conspiracy theorists that are wearing tin foil hats. You know, the "Gates iz gunna chip uz, we want our freedom!" We all remember those covidiots from 2020. Still no chips. We have used the vaccine passports but that is often for special events like concerts and comedy shows, maybe more in other states.
The problem isn't people who "listen to the science and adapt to it," but adapt to positions they previously denounced as heretical without ever acknowledging maybe they were wrong and the heretics were onto something. Has anyone ever apologized for denouncing Tom Cotton as a conspiracy nutter for suggesting the virus originated from the Wuhan lab now that it's considered the most plausible theory of its origins? Has anyone invited Dr. Geert Vanden Bossche back into polite society now that his prediction of rapidly emerging escape variants has proven largely correct?

Even to this day you can hardly bring up any of the dozens of studies demonstrating the efficacy of ivermectin against COVID without a bunch of midwits popping up and shouting "h04z3 d3w0rm3r LulZ" like a bunch of idiot genies who just had their lamps rubbed by their Pfizer minders.

Last edited by Bitey; 01-17-2022 at 03:15 PM..

Old 01-17-2022, 02:44 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No, the vaccinated are not shedding more virus than the unvaccinated, especially if boosted.

The vaccinated are at lower risk to get infected, especially if boosted.

The vaccines do not shed. There is no virus in them to shed.

There was no lie concerning the original effectiveness of the mRNA vaccines. What could not be predicted was the duration of protection and the emergence of variants for which the vaccines were less effective.

There is no evidence that the vaccines have "killed or seriously injured lots of people".

No one is refusing to allow Novavax in the US. The manufacturer is just completing its application to the FDA:

https://ir.novavax.com/2021-12-31-No...EUA%20vaccines.

Being in a diabetic coma would not cause someone to develop allergies. If anything a mask would reduce exposure to respiratory allergens. Many people wear them in countries with high levels of air pollution. Diabetes, type 1 or type 2, is a risk factor for bad outcome with covid. It is not a contraindication to the vaccine.

Vaccinated people can get infected, but the risk is lower than for the unvaccinated.
With all due respect, Suzy, you have admitted to not being a doctor. Stories abound about adults and children who have been injured by the mRNA vaccines---or have died shortly after getting vaccinated. Yes, many don't have problems. These vaccinations have not been studied long term so no one knows what may happen down the line.

How do you know what happens to someone who comes out of a diabetic coma? I have no reason to doubt the person who told me what happened to her. What her story shows is that one size does not fit all.

At least you admit that those vaccinated with the mRNA vaccines have gotten the virus and have spread it to others.

Old 01-17-2022, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
With all due respect, Suzy, you have admitted to not being a doctor. Stories abound about adults and children who have been injured by the mRNA vaccines---or have died shortly after getting vaccinated. Yes, many don't have problems. These vaccinations have not been studied long term so no one knows what may happen down the line.

How do you know what happens to someone who comes out of a diabetic coma? I have no reason to doubt the person who told me what happened to her. What her story shows is that one size does not fit all.

At least you admit that those vaccinated with the mRNA vaccines have gotten the virus and have spread it to others.
Have the mRNA vaccines really caused all the injuries related to mRNA vaccines? Have the deaths of those that had an mRNA vaccine specifically linked to having the mRNA vaccine? I've often heard from the antivax community that VAERS was underreported and that was prior to the pandemic and use of mRNA vaccines and now they cite how many people report "injuries." The antivax can't have it both ways no matter how much they want it. There has been no link to as widespread injury and death to the mRNA COVID vaccines. Can you cite reputable sources and nothing from a right-wing alternative facts fake news website?

Old 01-17-2022, 03:15 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,668,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
I actually don’t mind the mask. It’s the mandates that scare me.

This aka tyranny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies