Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2022, 11:24 PM

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
The "narrative" changed because the virus changed. Try and keep up.
The fatality rate of COVID has never changed. Try to keep up.

Old 01-17-2022, 04:03 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,857,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I don't get why we still have a mask mandate, especially here in NY...

To protect me? Well, I'm vaccinated and already protected.

To protect others? Well if other people are so worried and scared about me being maskless, why don't they get vaccinated?

So this really all boils down to the people who don't want to get vaccinated. I get it, your body, your choice. So why isn't it my choice now to not wear a mask now that I'm vaccinated? Why is this only a choice to the unvaccinated?

I wear double masks, wash my face and hands, take my temperature, keep distance,don't mingle, use ventilation,
and keep my mouth shut . I believe I have minimized the chances of spreading this invisible monster better than any unmasked vaccinated person. Live here in the N.Y.C. epicenter, knock on wood, not sick, follow a healthy diet eating at home ,take my vitamins, go for a stroll , not the gym, keeping to myself,
watch television rather than sitting on a bar stool or at a movie theater and to think......................

People who are vaccinated are worried ?

Oh......did I mention I'm not vaccinated?

Old 01-17-2022, 04:07 AM

7,375 posts, read 3,536,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The fatality rate of COVID has never changed. Try to keep up.
what do you mean by rate? in data analysis, the rate will vary based on your data. data by country for instance, will not stay consistent when you look at death counts vs population because it fluctuates over time. also, true data analysis requires accurate reporting of data. our current data is not completely accurate .

Old 01-17-2022, 04:15 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,501,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No, the vaccinated are not shedding more virus than the unvaccinated, especially if boosted.

The vaccinated are at lower risk to get infected, especially if boosted.

The vaccines do not shed. There is no virus in them to shed.

There was no lie concerning the original effectiveness of the mRNA vaccines. What could not be predicted was the duration of protection and the emergence of variants for which the vaccines were less effective.

There is no evidence that the vaccines have "killed or seriously injured lots of people".

No one is refusing to allow Novavax in the US. The manufacturer is just completing its application to the FDA:

https://ir.novavax.com/2021-12-31-No...EUA%20vaccines.

Being in a diabetic coma would not cause someone to develop allergies. If anything a mask would reduce exposure to respiratory allergens. Many people wear them in countries with high levels of air pollution. Diabetes, type 1 or type 2, is a risk factor for bad outcome with covid. It is not a contraindication to the vaccine.

Vaccinated people can get infected, but the risk is lower than for the unvaccinated.
God you’re like a machine just regurgitating the same useless info you find online.

Can you explain why there was a huge outbreak of covid in my NYC office with all vaccinated cases? With mask wearing and other protocols?

Old 01-17-2022, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
what do you mean by rate? in data analysis, the rate will vary based on your data. data by country for instance, will not stay consistent when you look at death counts vs population because it fluctuates over time. also, true data analysis requires accurate reporting of data. our current data is not completely accurate .
Rate means rate, it means no matter how many cases you have, the fatality rate stays around same.

Try to keep up.

Quote:
1.4% of people infected with SARS-CoV-2 have a fatal outcome, while 98.6% recove
https://www.worldometers.info/corona...us-death-rate/

Old 01-17-2022, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Rate means rate, it means no matter how many cases you have, the fatality rate stays around same.

Try to keep up.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...us-death-rate/
you just don't get it. rate never stays the same. the data you are looking at is essentially garbage. i would advise anyone not to click on that spam link.

here is a more reputable source

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

see, the rates vary.

but even still, the rates are only as good as the reporting, which isnt good. so we are looking at crap numbers anyway.

Last edited by Kristinas_Cap; 01-17-2022 at 04:31 AM..

Old 01-17-2022, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
you just don't get it. rate never stays the same. the data you are looking at is essentially garbage. i would advise anyone not to click on that spam link.
Spam link?

That’s the official world meter link and number #1 rated link on Google search.

The COVID rate has not changed, you would be in full hazmat gear if it did. Save the faux outrage for someone else.

Old 01-17-2022, 04:31 AM

18,549 posts, read 15,593,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Or it was a counterfeit.
Or it was not properly fit. I have definitely seen some people with KN95’s that still left air gaps or openings on the sides of their nose or elsewhere despite the mask being worn properly.

Old 01-17-2022, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Spam link?

That’s the official world meter link and number #1 rated link on Google search.

The COVID rate has not changed, you would be in full hazmat gear if it did. Save the faux outrage for someone else.
“Worldometer, formerly Worldometers, is owned and operated by a data company Dadax which generates revenue through online advertising.”

spam popups galore. bad site, inaccurate numbers, incorrect conclusions.

Old 01-17-2022, 04:39 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
God you’re like a machine just regurgitating the same useless info you find online.

Can you explain why there was a huge outbreak of covid in my NYC office with all vaccinated cases? With mask wearing and other protocols?
Let me see if I can help you understand this.

1) What happens in your small corner of the world does not necessarily reflect what is going on in the rest of the universe.

2) Mask wearing reduces the chance of transmission, but does not eliminate it. This is not news to the rest of us. Are all your office mates wearing masks over both their nose and mouth, or are they wandering around with it hanging down on their chins?

3) How many of your vaccinated office mates ended up hospitalized or dead?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies