Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 10:02 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,323,113 times

Advertisements

quietly yesterday, the CDC released an updated study.

https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2022...4391642624748/

Now, CNN and all those they provide news to entitled the article thusly:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/01/...or-infections/

Study: Vaccination protects against Covid-19 hospitalization significantly more than prior infections

unfortunately, in their own text for anyone willing to read ...

Quote:
At first, those with a prior infection had higher case rates than those who were vaccinated with no history of prior infection. As the Delta variant became predominant in the US in later months, this shifted and people who survived a previous infection had lower case rates than those who were vaccinated alone, according to the study.
but really, read the study to see what it says. We all know journalists, especially those masquerading at CNN, don't always know what they're writing about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2022, 10:09 AM

6,180 posts, read 2,939,563 times
I can attest to this in my personal life. The vaccinated people I know, that have Omicron, have all been pretty sick. The people who have been infected for a second time, who are not vaccinated, had relatively mild cases, more mild than the vaccinated people who are sick with Covid-19 for the first time.

Old 01-20-2022, 10:19 AM

5,121 posts, read 1,693,996 times
Every case is different. Some cases are mild, some are severe, some result in death. The majority(98%) will get through it. I'll take whatever natural immunity I have over some experimental government crap for sure. Everyone should be free to make their own vaccination choice after working through their health options with their PCP.

Old 01-20-2022, 10:40 AM

20,496 posts, read 12,432,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
I can attest to this in my personal life. The vaccinated people I know, that have Omicron, have all been pretty sick. The people who have been infected for a second time, who are not vaccinated, had relatively mild cases, more mild than the vaccinated people who are sick with Covid-19 for the first time.
well, i can attest to the opposite.

In fact, my family was part of an Omicron Super spreader event on Christmas day. Almost everyone got the Cron.

Those of us who are twice vaccinated, including my elderly parents, one of whom has multiple co-morbidities, had very mild cases. Those who were not vaccinated (including one young person age 12-15 range) had more serious cases.
Not one vaccinated person had fever.
All of the unvaccinated did.

All of the Vaccinated people were over it in 3 days.
All of the unvaccinated were sick for 5+days.

That isnt the only example I am aware of.

I am absolutely FOR individual decisions. I do not think being unvaccinated is wrong or bad. I do not think choosing vaccination (as I did) is morally superior.

At this point, I honestly think vaccinations are nearly useless. BEFORE TheCron Vaccination was the safest thing to do.

Old 01-20-2022, 10:41 AM

20,496 posts, read 12,432,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
quietly yesterday, the CDC released an updated study.

https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2022...4391642624748/

Now, CNN and all those they provide news to entitled the article thusly:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/01/...or-infections/

Study: Vaccination protects against Covid-19 hospitalization significantly more than prior infections

unfortunately, in their own text for anyone willing to read ...

but really, read the study to see what it says. We all know journalists, especially those masquerading at CNN, don't always know what they're writing about.
All I am saying is that anyone who watches/reads/listens to the mainstream media and believes what they are saying are no different from those who believe everything they read on the internet.

The media dont even pretend to be telling the truth any longer.

Old 01-20-2022, 10:41 AM

26,074 posts, read 22,278,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicBeerBus View Post
The flu.

When I got the shot, and sometimes I caught it. If I caught it, it was mild and didn't last long. Without the shot, I was having a miserable time. I'm sure it's the same with covid. Difference is, with covid infection without vaccination, I'm risking death, and long term lung damage.

Would you play a slot machine that had a 1% chance of breaking your kneecaps?
Since there is less than 1% that I would die from COVID, and the vaccines have already shown severe side effects to include death, I am taking my chances. Most that died had 2 or more health issues, many had 4 health issues, and the reason they weren't vaccinated was that they were too health compromised to get the vaccine, and were hospitalized for a reason other than COVID. Also, many of them would probably have died from the common cold with their compromised immune systems.

The vaccine isn't good at all. They were even saying that they believed that prior infection with other corona viruses that normally circulate like the common cold may be the reason that some are not getting infected with COVID.

The truth is starting to come out now. Stay tuned! They need to smooth things over for the mid-terms.

Old 01-20-2022, 10:47 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,818,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicBeerBus View Post
The flu.

When I got the shot, and sometimes I caught it. If I caught it, it was mild and didn't last long. Without the shot, I was having a miserable time. I'm sure it's the same with covid. Difference is, with covid infection without vaccination, I'm risking death, and long term lung damage.

Would you play a slot machine that had a 1% chance of breaking your kneecaps?
I had a flu a few years ago and it was mild. I was not vaccinated.

My unvaxxed teen just got over omicron. It was mild.

My other unvaxxed daughter just started experiencing the same symptoms. So far, mild.

Old 01-20-2022, 10:48 AM

45,760 posts, read 27,410,412 times
The UPI headline mentions nothing about infection immunity - but that's the big modification to their theory.

It's the typical slow walking and back tracking towards the truth that they do

Old 01-20-2022, 11:21 AM

4,966 posts, read 2,258,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
My wife, youngest stepson, and I had COVID in December 2020/January 2021 without reinfection despite the three others in the house having COVID twice, once in August and again 10 days ago. One of them was fully vaxxed June 2021.

Old 01-20-2022, 11:38 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,323,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
All I am saying is that anyone who watches/reads/listens to the mainstream media and believes what they are saying are no different from those who believe everything they read on the internet.

The media dont even pretend to be telling the truth any longer.
which is why I suggested reading the study.

Sure, the CDC uses bland titles like "COVID-19 Cases and Hospitalizations by COVID-19 Vaccination Status and Previous COVID-19 Diagnosis". And this follows an August (pre-Delta) study that said vax >> prior infection.

And yes, I believe all adults should get "fully vaccinated". But this kind of ends the claim that vaccination is superior to anything, and it absolutely should be introducing the equality - as of Delta at least - of prior infection to vaccination.

It cannot be simply a "pandemic of the unvaccinated" if those with prior infection - long ignored - are well-protected without vaccination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies