Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 10:52 AM

89,049 posts, read 44,853,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I keep reading that families today average less than 2 kids. Who needs the 5 bedroom house?
This one is easy...

1) Parents' bedroom
2) and 3) Each child (2 kids) has a bedroom
4) Guest room for relatives'/friends' visits
5) Home office.

Old 02-07-2022, 11:12 AM

89,049 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
No way I'm going to keep quiet and risk missing more of your hilarious lost-in-translation insults. "overheat my last brains" You're probably saying things that are very insulting in Russian but in English you sound like the French knights in Holy Grail - "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries" You won't get that but it doesn't matter.
Hilarious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSo0duY7-9s

Old 02-07-2022, 11:54 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,973 times
and YOU should at least give your current employer a notice that you are leaving and just not show up.
Their worth? what is that? Many demand their own hours, decide when they take breaks and leave when they want.
Text friends while working holding up customers(Yes this happens!). Nasty attitude. $20/hr? I don't think so. This generation was NEVER taught any work ethic.
Also, this is the generation and younger that expect seasonal jobs to give them full benefits, retirement, etc. for low skill work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColgateFresh View Post
They’re not suckers. I find something better, I’m gonna go for it. I don’t owe loyalty to any company because they can throw me under the bus to save a few cents.

Their worth is they keep the company running. Know your worth as a worker. Know you have leverage because these companies are nothing without you.

Old 02-07-2022, 03:10 PM

2,388 posts, read 2,342,623 times
38 here.

-Nationalized healthcare and railways
-Car culture to be eradicated
-A more souped up, enforced version of the 1994 Crime Bill
-Homelessness to be dramatically reduced
-Return of the mental hospitals
-An America ready to tackle pandemics & muh climate change with plans in place and put into motion
-Become the undisputed worldwide leader in advanced manufacturing
-Better QOL overall.

Old 02-07-2022, 03:54 PM

1,884 posts, read 1,003,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
and YOU should
Not a fan of "ok, boomer", but this is a good candidate.

at least give your current employer a notice that you are leaving and just not show up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Their worth? what is that? Many demand their own hours, decide when they take breaks and leave when they want.
Text friends while working holding up customers(Yes this happens!). Nasty attitude. $20/hr? I don't think so. This generation was NEVER taught any work ethic.
Also, this is the generation and younger that expect seasonal jobs to give them full benefits, retirement, etc. for low skill work.
A lot of us have developed a rebellious-yet-apathetic creed of "minimum wage, minimum effort". Most of this is directly from the perception of employer's collective behavior over the past decades. Hard work is rewarded with more hard work, buddy-buddy favoritism being the dominant form of merit, workloads increasing independent of wage, managers more concerned with being power-hungry sociopaths than effective leaders, etc. They watched their parents go through this, and now they are, often very hopelessly and apathetically (much moreso than people on this forum realize). When workers feel their hard work will not be rewarded, the $20/hr has to come first, then that shiny attitude will follow! Just as in a drug deal, show me the money, then we'll talk.

My crude opinion: Employers are mad they are (for once) not totally dominating the labor market, and are so spoiled by cheap labor that they are in denial and freaking out, like a child. The "boomers" (of any age) are such well-trained dogs that they reflexively defend employers and attack their fellow man. Classic aristocratic tactic, let the peasants fight amongst themselves so they don't murder you and eat the cheese the peasants produced for you. The difference today? We have well-connected electronic media, near-infinite access to info thanks to the internet, and we're essentially globalized.

I love working hard, but my labor is to be compensated for on my terms, and not to be abused. Anyone telling me what I "should" do/be worth will be met with a healthily dismissive "ok, boomer". No ageism intended
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies