Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 09:29 AM

2,284 posts, read 637,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
If the right wing would just shut up and be patient, science will tell us when the risk is low enough to stop wearing masks. NJ and DE prove my point.
"Science" should first do a RCT on masks, to see if they work, which masks work, and how well they work (if they work at all). Then make recommendations for improving mask design. None of this has happened. They're recommending masks on a hunch and models, nothing more than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2022, 09:31 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
If the right wing would just shut up and be patient, science will tell us when the risk is low enough to stop wearing masks. NJ and DE prove my point.

Science can't make up it's mind what it thinks.

I was listening to NPR this morning and if they were saying what they said this morning six months ago it would have been labeled "misinformation" and banned from social media.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:33 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times
Quote:
Only the fake science posted on your uncle's Facebook feed says masks don't work. Real science published in reputable journals show that while masks are not 100% foolproof, they are effective at reducing spread.
And only the fake data from Boob Fauci says do the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. Your experts have been wrong for the past two years. What about their track record convinces you that they'll be right this time? The D at the end of their name?

Yet the virus spread anyway. They don't work and if they do, they're not good enough to make a difference.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:33 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Have you been following the numbers in NJ?
I think not.
It was absolutely horrible until recently.
Our governor is much more data driven than other states. I appreciate how closely he follows the stats and how qualified his medical team is.
NJ is a very (the most) dense state which creates issues. One size does not fit all.
Covid devastated us at the onset. So many in my particular town died and there were refrigerator morgue units outside the hospitals. Zoom funerals. Hard to forget and caution was what the residents want from their elected officials.
Other states may have different policies that better fit their unique needs.
Mask mandates have essentially no effect whatsoever on the spread of COVID.....it's just a virtue signal.

We've known that for a LONG time now, there's no reason to keep pretending otherwise.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:34 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
No, I think it just shows that in reality, when a state drops mask mandates, mask mandates still exist in the state that dropped the mandates because the mandates are then dished out by cities, counties, health departments and school districts.
In my state there are only 3 counties. We're good...

Old 02-07-2022, 09:37 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,018 times
Quote:
Well the science has told us that cloth masks do next to nothing yet our kids are still required to wear masks all day with limited "mask breaks" alone in dark closets with cloth masks still allowed to satisfy this condition. That makes no sense. This whole thing makes no sense. This is not political. This is common sense.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:37 AM

8,238 posts, read 3,492,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Mask mandates ended in CO months ago but it didn’t stop individual cities and health departments from continuing with them. Most, not all cities have just now dropped them (finally) but the majority of kids are still mandated to wear masks at school. Mask mandates have not ended.
Masks are still mandated around here too.

I was even made to double mask at my last chemo treatment.

And they are having covid positive healthcare workers come in to work.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:38 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Keep fighting back don't forget to go to school board meetings and get these people recalled from their positions on the school board. The left have basically proven that if you don't fight back they're going to walk all over you like any bully so it's time to fight back.

There's no science supporting masks on kids none. Period. As I've said before we're just going to add more plastic waste into our oceans as kids throw the things on the ground after school.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:44 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
The entire West Coast is going to suffer mask mandates for a couple of more years. Pray for my state WA and Or and CA.
You need to also DO.

Stop wearing them.

Stop being compliant.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:54 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,710,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
The entire West Coast is going to suffer mask mandates for a couple of more years. Pray for my state WA and Or and CA.
Can't speak for WA or OR, but in California, our Dictator is up for re-election this year.

The CA "Mask Mandate" is set to expire on the 15th after it was quietly extended in January. If our resident dictator extends it again, at this point it would probably be political suicide.

Very few stores and restaurants are still enforcing the mask mandate, and many have actually already changed the signs on the door to say that masks are OPTIONAL. I guess people are starting to finally figure out that you have a very low risk of catching COVID(or any virus) in the few seconds you are walking through the restaurant to your table.

Others may still say they require it but if you don't wear one, and MANY people are not, they don't say a thing. I went to an event in LA for a friend, at a place covered under the vaccine mandate, a couple of weeks ago. He told me don't worry about the "vaccine mandate". Sure enough, the place didn't check or care.

People are done with this...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies