Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2022, 09:29 AM

1,374 posts, read 483,304 times

Advertisements

There seemed to be a proportionally noticeable amount of parliament members who expressed support for the nullification of lockdown regulations when Stephanie Kusie began to speak a week ago as Trudeau was leaving. Why there is the need to perpetuate them when so many Canadians have already been injected is odd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2022, 09:35 AM

88,794 posts, read 85,207,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Well, let’s hope the parliament has some sanity and refuses to grant the emergency relief act. I thought it was a done deal already (and maybe it is by this time).
No, it's been on the news all morning that the Senate will meet Friday to discuss the Emergencies Act, and to no one's surprise, opposing politicians are speaking up against Trudeau and positioning themselves.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 02-16-2022 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: Random letter

Old 02-16-2022, 11:01 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,774,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
The truckers demands have morphed into all Covid restrictions being lifted.
False, the Convoy organizers say this every day, BJ and Tara could not be more clear, as soon as the federal government ends the vaccine mandates for trucking they are all packing up and going home

Old 02-16-2022, 11:56 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,625,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
False, the Convoy organizers say this every day, BJ and Tara could not be more clear, as soon as the federal government ends the vaccine mandates for trucking they are all packing up and going home
You haven't been paying attention.

"The protesters have since gathered in central Ottawa near Parliament Hill, and their demands have grown to include ending all such mandates nationwide and opposing the government of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60281088

This isn't really about the truckers. This is about trying to overthrow the government.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8621733/c...IRG0VfAe00L0ps

Old 02-16-2022, 11:59 AM

38,650 posts, read 26,448,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I felt confident about that too til Trump had troops clear the streets and a church yard in D.C. so he could hold a Bible upside down for a photo op.

But you were okay with that response to a protest, right?

First, you think the immediate area surrounding a church that was burned by leftist anifa types wouldn't be cleared before it was surrounded by temporary fencing?

Seriously?

Second, which houses of worship have the protesting truck drivers set on fire?

Old 02-16-2022, 12:17 PM

21,503 posts, read 10,627,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
No, it's been on the news all morning that the Senate will meet Friday to discuss the Emergencies Act, and to no one's surprise, opposing politicians are speaking up against Trudeau and positioning themselves.

Y
Good, I hope they vote against it. They should throw that man-boy out on his ear just for suggesting it, the tyrant.

Old 02-16-2022, 12:23 PM

21,503 posts, read 10,627,271 times
Quote:
The truckers demands have morphed into all Covid restrictions being lifted. Things that Trudeau has no power over. Those powers belong to the provinces.

Also read up on how alt-right groups who want a coup have joined in the protest.

The reason for the Emergency Act is that provinces, like Ontario, needed help, from the federal government.

In fact, Ford the premier of Ontario, a CONSERVATIVE has supported the use of the act.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8619353/f...over-protests/

Finally, suppose Trudeau lifted the vaccine mandate at the border. IT WOUDL DO NOTHING since the US has the same mandate, and that would still be in place.
You may be surprised to learn I’m against all COVID mandates so…

And what vaccine mandates exist at the southern border into my state of Texas? I’ll tell you, none! And he’s let in well over 2 MILLION people since Biden has been president. Yet if Biden had his way we’d have the mandates you have (only for us citizens though).

Old 02-16-2022, 12:28 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,774,372 times
Quote:
You haven't been paying attention.

"The protesters have since gathered in central Ottawa near Parliament Hill, and their demands have grown to include ending all such mandates nationwide and opposing the government of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60281088

This isn't really about the truckers. This is about trying to overthrow the government.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8621733/c...IRG0VfAe00L0ps
lies lies and more lies

I have watched over 40 hours of live un-edited on-the-ground footage in Ottawa, nobody can accuse me of not paying attention. From the horse's mouth,

Watch 46:50 to 47:15 and from 48:35 to 49:15 , head spokesman Benjamin Dichter clearly states objectives:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK4KEK7lrNE

Last edited by BlakeJones; 02-16-2022 at 12:36 PM..

Old 02-16-2022, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
You may be surprised to learn I’m against all COVID mandates so…

And what vaccine mandates exist at the southern border into my state of Texas? I’ll tell you, none! And he’s let in well over 2 MILLION people since Biden has been president. Yet if Biden had his way we’d have the mandates you have (only for us citizens though).
Not sure why you are bringing US politics into this.

Mandates work and support in Canada, the proof is in the numbers.

Old 02-16-2022, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
lies lies and more lies

I have watched over 40 hours of live un-edited on-the-ground footage in Ottawa, nobody can accuse me of not paying attention. From the horse's mouth,

Watch 46:50 to 47:15 and from 48:35 to 49:15 , head spokesman Benjamin Dichter clearly states objectives:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK4KEK7lrNE
Your'e funny.

Watching 40 hours of live video, being captured by who?

I know people who are actually in Ottawa, they tell a very different story about what the signs say, and how some of these protesters acted.

Listen to this truckers list of demands. It's not just the border..but all restrictions, and the ArrivCAn app.

He is full of sweet words, and exaggerations.

The fact that Trudeau has NOTHING to do with vaccine passports, is lost on them, and makes them look foolish.

So are you going to call this protester a liar??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8tzXazvyHQ

Last edited by Natnasci; 02-16-2022 at 02:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies