Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2022, 04:48 PM

1,348 posts, read 707,431 times

Advertisements

it is what it is fuel will always go up whenever there is any crisis or just because big oil wants it to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2022, 04:51 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,329,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...BingNewsSearch

"Drivers best start bracing for another surge in gas prices amid the conflict between Russia and Ukraine and years of under-investment by the oil industry, warns one veteran energy strategist."

When Biden got "elected", I predicted $6.50/gallon gas and the worst economy we've seen since the great depression in 12-18 months. So far, pudding brains has pushed and shoved the economy along by printing free money and forcing landlords to provide free rent, but that's coming to an end now and the start of the next great recession is imminent or already happening. A weak US dollar and a economy folding up means investors seek safe havens in energy and food commodities. Foreign countries will take advantage of it as well, buying up our commodities for export. Together, this will make the situation even worse.
Because everything in the US moves by fuel be it truck or train, runaway inflation (more) is going to hit everything. The things you have to have will see more steep price increases, and many a business will fold as their non-necessary items are cut out of household budgets or are no longer profitable due to the cost of shipping. It's going to be a repeat of 2007/2008, but on the tail of the Covid-19 mess instead of coming out of a hot economy with gov't coffers full of cash.
I want to be wrong, but I called it in 2007/2008. We will see how this post ages.
Yet another reason to love riding motorcycles!

Old 03-03-2022, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav51lin View Post
it is what it is fuel will always go up whenever there is any crisis or just because big oil wants it to
It's mostly this. Most people don't even realize how badly big oil is screwing American consumers. They are increasing prices while at the same time asking for tax subsidies.

Old 03-03-2022, 05:42 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,803,457 times
Oil is a commodity traded on the world market. The price is not set by Biden or the oil companies. Unlike OPEC, the US does not control supply. Refinery capacity, plant shutdowns (planned and unplanted), weather, and decisions whether or not the price supports extraction activity affect oil supply here. Releasing oil form the strategic oil reserves can have limited effects on the price.

There is no ban on the export of US produced oil so there is no guarantee that US produced oil will stay in the country.

Other than the release of oil from the strategic oil reserves (short term) and using executive orders to reduce new oil/gas leases on federal land (long term), Biden, or any other president, have little impact on world prices. Climate/carbon policy also will have long term affects on the price of petroleum products.

Old 03-03-2022, 05:46 PM

30,436 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post
Say it ain't so. It's already $5/gallon in the metropolitan and suburbs in California. I know it's hard to believe, but some of us don't make $100K per person per year here.
It's gonna be over $7 a gal soon in Cali sally for prem.

Old 03-03-2022, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Yet another reason to love riding motorcycles!
Bikes kill. No way bra.

Old 03-03-2022, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The pictures of all the new electric cars are nice, but try buying one.

#1 due to the computer chip shortage, they are very hard to find

#2 when you find one, they ain't cheap

I tried recently, but gave up & bought another gas burner. I don't drive many miles, so $7 gas wont kill me.
I bought a Bolt like a silly dolt last March. $6 a month to charge.

Old 03-03-2022, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Bikes kill. No way bra.
Awww come on, I don’t think I’ve ever been injured even a little bit by my bike. It’s usually the thing I run into while riding it that hurts me. I’ll just try to avoid sudden stops while getting 60mpg.

Old 03-03-2022, 08:18 PM

9,511 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:
Bikes kill. No way bra.
I'm 61 years old and have been riding motorcycles since I was 11 years old. I currently ride a 200hp super bike (Yamaha R1M) on the street and still race motocross regularly. Miraculously, I'm still alive.

Old 03-03-2022, 09:03 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
You bet it is sweet pete.
An E bike is definitely more dangerous than a motorcycle. No brake lights, turn signals and usually crappy brakes. I ride one every day and people don't even see you. Too slow to keep with traffic and if no dedicated bike lane they see you as an annoyance. Especially the mask wearing idiots with glasses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies