Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2022, 06:24 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,617,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
Let's see what comes out of the UN emergency security meeting. At this point I would recommend to Mr Putin, that the peacekeeping forces he wants to send in to help the people of DLPR, can be a multi-national coalition of peace keepers. Americans love peacekeeping, right? That's our thing. The US is so far slow to affirm support of Ukraine. Maybe by tomorrow? What's Biden doing now?
The UN is a cute idea but as feckless as its League of nations predecessor. The best thing they could do is recognize the Separatists. This would eliminate Putin’s excuse for further military action.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 02-21-2022, 07:36 PM

26,832 posts, read 22,629,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
Sounds reminiscent of when Hitler seized the Sudetenland from Czechoslovakia.

*Sigh*

Were Germans in Sudetenland ever treated like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAvg...-80Zy&index=20

Or like this?

( She witnessed the death of her 5 -year old grand-son in the back yards from explosives dropped from Ukrainian drone.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvvupAtDX2U

If not, then I suggest you drop the convenient, but irrelevant and tired narrative.

Last edited by erasure; 02-21-2022 at 09:03 PM..

Old 02-21-2022, 07:54 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,607,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://meduza.io/en/news/2022/02/21...le-s-republics

Finally!

Russia will stop the ongoing shelling of civilians by Nazi battalions sent by Kiev.

The war is going to happen and the Minsk agreement is dead. Russia tried to get Ukraine to sign off, but when they tried to implement the agreement, armed Nazis rioted and killed three police officers.

This was the only solution.
OK, Boris Ivanovich. The Lubyanka training shows through.

For the record, Russia never accepted the Minsk agreements because they say they were not part of the armed conflict.

Old 02-21-2022, 08:00 PM

7,825 posts, read 2,739,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
*Sigh*

Were Germans in Sudetenland ever treated like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAvg...-80Zy&index=20

Or like this?

( She witnessed the death of her 5 -year old grand-son in the back yards from explosives dropped from Ukrainian drone.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvvupAtDX2U

If not, then I suggest you drop the convenient, but irrelevant and tired narrative.
You make Vlad very proud with this Bull

Old 02-21-2022, 08:12 PM

26,578 posts, read 15,145,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Putin is following Hitler's playbook, making up reasons to justify military aggression.
Or the US in Iraq under Bush

Or the US in Syria under Obama

Or the US in Vietnam under LBJ

Or the US in Cuba under McKinley

Or the US in Cuba under Kennedy

Or the US at the Marias Massacre

And so it goes

Old 02-21-2022, 08:19 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,453,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
OK, Boris Ivanovich. The Lubyanka training shows through.

For the record, Russia never accepted the Minsk agreements because they say they were not part of the armed conflict.
They created the Minsk agreement for their interests. Ukraine/NATO ignored it.

And stop it with the Boris stuff, it poisons the well for discussions.

Old 02-21-2022, 08:22 PM

19,103 posts, read 27,690,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
BREAKING NEWS: Russia recognizes the independence of the LPR and DPR in Ukraine

From what I've heard, he hasn't signed the document yet, just talked about doing so. But it's the next obvious step.

How long do you suppose Uncle Vlad will allow these regions to keep their new-found independence?

A week?

A day?

"Uncle Vlad" is known for being very weighted in his words choice. If he said he'll sign, he'll sign.
This was the soft way. He's black belt in judo, and judo is the soft way, way of using opponents brutal force to your advantage.
What will happen next will be simple.
Both republics will do referendums and happily join Russian Federation.
Done.
From that on, Russia will take the so called "frontier" policy. To those, who do not know, how it works:
this was done back in the Wild West times. Frontier regions had life established as safe and supple. Adjacent, starving, gangs run regions, saw that. Over time, they applied to join the more prosperous regions. This was permitted under certain conditions, that had to be followed unconditionally. Then, frontier line was moved some 30-50 miles. Until another region joined, and so on.
In such manner, without any fuss or bloodshed, frontier was moving slowly but steadily.
Yes, Russia has no interest in western states. They hate Russians anyway. But, here's wisdom from my grandmother. "I lived with Russians, and Kazakhs, and Chinese, and what not. Mind my word - there is no worse enemy to a Ukrainian, than a Polak". What Polaks will do with Ukrainian nationalists, I can't even imagine...

Old 02-21-2022, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
You make Vlad very proud with this Bull

Actually, I don't.

In fact, I make a lot of his admirers angry, because I keep on pointing at the major mistake that he made seven years ago.

As for "bull" - sorry you don't like what you see, but it is what it is.

I guess this doesn't fit in your narrative, huh?

Old 02-21-2022, 08:39 PM

18,740 posts, read 7,640,274 times
It's about 6:30AM in Moscow right now, Feb. 2, 2022.

Have the tanks, trucks, guns, and troops started crossing the Ukraine border into Donbas yet?

Got any links or references backing it up?

Here's a start. No pictures, and no real identification of who the "witnesses" were. (Maybe identifying them would put them in danger?)

------------------------------

https://www.reuters.com/markets/euro...ne-2022-02-21/

Putin orders Russian troops to Ukraine after recognising breakaway regions

by Andrew Osborn and Dmitry Antonov

MOSCOW, Feb 21 (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered the deployment of troops to two breakaway regions in eastern Ukraine after recognising them as independent on Monday, accelerating a crisis the West fears could unleash a major war.

A Reuters witness saw tanks and other military hardware moving through the separatist-controlled city of Donetsk after Putin formally recognised the breakaway regions and ordered the deployment of Russian forces to "keep the peace".

About five tanks were seen in a column on the edge of Donetsk and two more in another part of town, a Reuters reporter said. No insignia were visible on the vehicles.

Old 02-21-2022, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
It's about 6:30AM in Moscow right now, Feb. 2, 2022.

Have the tanks, trucks, guns, and troops started crossing the Ukraine border into Donbas yet?

Got any links or references backing it up?

What?
UKRAINIAN troops moving into the LDNR or what are you talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.