Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2022, 09:42 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Nice side step. Compassion for social services needed. You care to address how you get no benefit from the fire dept or other things our tax dollars provide?
I grew up in area where the FD was all volunteer and funded through the community.

No taxes needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2022, 09:46 AM

588 posts, read 225,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Some of it makes sense, some of it is frightening.

What do 8 and 9 mean, exactly? That children would be taken away from non nuclear families? That open shaming of non nuclear families would occur, and children's books where grandma is raising littles would be taken from school libraries? Does #9 advocate reinstating criminal penalties for gay couples, perhaps with prison time?

No. Just no. We won't go backwards.
Um, did you read the breakdown for each point that was provided in the following pages after the initial list? Quite a jump to conclusions you made there. Please read the breakdown.

Old 02-23-2022, 09:46 AM

21,939 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
This could be a gift for the Dems if they play it right.

“Hey every working person out there. Rick Scott a guy who made hundreds of millions on Medicare fraud says you are a freeloader who pays no income tax. Have you enjoyed struggling? Because this guy wants you to struggle more by raising your taxes.”

The Dems aren’t that smart and they aren’t that believable to deliver this honestly cause they are almost as bought off as the Republicans.
Who are you quoting?

Old 02-23-2022, 09:47 AM

15,856 posts, read 14,483,585 times
The fact that Scotts publicity campaign has attracted this much activity (judging by this thread) bodes well for him.

Old 02-23-2022, 09:47 AM

2,612 posts, read 929,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Waste and overspending is what the government does. Throw the baby out with the bath water a better approach for you?

You feel oppressed by your government? I don’t.
I recognize that I am fortunate to not be substantially oppressed by the government but many people are and we should support change for them (and us).

Old 02-23-2022, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
I'm sorry you were lied to.

Critical Race Theory is a law school study on the basis of laws theorizing that our laws are based on unequal results.

I'm sorry you were lead to believe slavery was good.
I'm sorry the GOP has brainwashed you.
You are getting into semantics. It may not say 'CRT' at the top of the page, but they are teaching the principles, nevertheless. Your other comments are worth a response.

Old 02-23-2022, 09:53 AM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Monthly subscription for individual or bundled services that you actually want. Let people who want it pay for it.

In a capitalist economy, when money is paid, it always needs to be in exchange for something in return. There should be absolutely no circumstances in which one pays something with no explicit expectation of something in return. And no, government is NOT an exception to that rule.
Back when we had to go knocking on doors to get money for the EMT and fire department a subscription service was suggested. Some wonder what if you lived in a subdivision that paid for it, but needed the EMTs in one that didn't? Were they to let you die? How long would it take to look up if a person had paid? What if you were the Joe Smith who paid and were mistaken for the Joe Smith who didn't pay?

DH and I have paid thousands into school taxes when we had no kids in school. I'd better hope all kids are educated and well employed because they will be paying my for SS and Medicare.

How much do you value living in the USA? Paying taxes lifts us all up. We could be just voting and paying for amenities and services that benefit our own selves. Would that would put us living in a sh**hole country when we left our gated community.

IMO, a Special School district like they had in St Louis county when we lived there would do far more for kids than a teacher being expected to teach to the needs of any person who was in her classroom.

Old 02-23-2022, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Oh yikes, as always newtovenice, you remain clueless or maybe just "play dumb" when you need to change the topic.

I rest my case as to the stupidity of this 11-point blueprint that is a grab bag of GOP Grievance and Republican Resentment. As I said before it is an insulting and moronic plan that Senator Scott facetiously calls an American Rescue Plan. It reads more like an agitator's agenda to craze the r-wing culture war cuckoos and GOP party paranoids on your mission to destroy democracy and annihilate America's foundational ideals, and yourselves in the process.

Reminds me of old Newt's farcical Contract with America.
That's exactly what it is. And Newt's plan was very successful. In fact, he may have been involved in this. I know he has been working on one with Kevin McCarthy. I can't wait til the shellacking in Nov.

Old 02-23-2022, 09:55 AM

No argument with the content so dig up some dirt on the author. So very....Marxist.

Old 02-23-2022, 09:55 AM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,452,471 times
So- Medicare ********* who never served a day in prison for bilking the government says WHAT?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies