Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2022, 12:22 PM

16,589 posts, read 10,714,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I know what follows this statement "Men and women are biologically different,
“male and female He created them.”

Because in fact, I am a devout Christian. And I know what people are advocating for, when they make that statement.

Abolishing gay relationships.
Gay relationships have been around at least since Biblical times. They aren't going to be abolished. Now, if you're talking about abolishing governmental sanction of gay relationships, then I suppose that's possible.
Personally, I don't see anything about gay relationships in the "male and female He created them" (and I too am a devout Christian), but apparently you see it differently than I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2022, 12:23 PM

21,380 posts, read 7,987,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Yeah, no hatred or dismissal for people who identify or think differently.
Where's the hatred?

What statement indicates hate?

8,181 posts, read 2,810,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
This is an example of the stigma the GOP has when it comes to hating poor people. Which is why I ask myself why should I as a black working class dude who's not making 6 figures, vote for these people? They want to tax me. No better than the Demwits.
Because demwits will tax you more. At least these people are in your face about it.

And yes, either everyone pays something or no one pays anything. That's how it ought to be.

.....wait, yeah how bout no one pays anything? Libertarians it is.

29,667 posts, read 14,782,270 times
Quote:
I know what follows this statement "Men and women are biologically different,
“male and female He created them.”

Because in fact, I am a devout Christian. And I know what people are advocating for, when they make that statement.

Abolishing gay relationships.
Now, I'm pretty much anti all forms of religion, yet still am aware that Pope Francis supports same sex marriages. Isn't the Pope kind of a big deal ? It seems like this would be a pretty progressive stance.

"The pope said that "homosexuals have a right to be a part of the family. ... They’re children of God and have a right to a family. Nobody should be thrown out, or be made miserable because of it"

Now, I'm positive there are many followers of religion, (not just Catholicism) that are against the LGB community, and as bass akwards as it is, there isn't much that is going to change it.

Old 02-22-2022, 12:24 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,858,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
We absolutely need America to go back to being more Christian, put God back in school and such instead of the destructive, dangerous path the lunatic far left Democrats has us on.
Which brand of Christianity?

How might that go over with Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs, etc and the nearly 30% who do not identify with any religion?

SCOTUS ruled against school sponsored prayer in 1962.

The Constitution prevents the US from adopting a religion.

Requires 2/3 of Congress and 3/4 states to amend the Constitution.

Old 02-22-2022, 12:26 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 29 days ago)

35,774 posts, read 18,122,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Gay relationships have been around at least since Biblical times. They aren't going to be abolished. Now, if you're talking about abolishing governmental sanction of gay relationships, then I suppose that's possible.
Personally, I don't see anything about gay relationships in the "male and female He created them" (and I too am a devout Christian), but apparently you see it differently than I do.
Homosexual behavior was a crime in many states until 2003.

So. That was less than 20 years ago. There's no reason to think that couldn't come back, especially with marble mouthed talk like this proposal.

Old 02-22-2022, 12:27 PM

2,392 posts, read 2,351,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Because demwits will tax you more. At least these people are in your face about it.

And yes, either everyone pays something or no one pays anything. That's how it ought to be.

.....wait, yeah how bout no one pays anything? Libertarians it is.
Abolish the Federal income tax and install a VAT on all non-food items. Everybody pays. Except money doesn't get taken out of MY paycheck.

Old 02-22-2022, 12:28 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 29 days ago)

35,774 posts, read 18,122,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I clicked on it, hoping to see some greatness. There were a few good ideas in there, and a lot of bad ones.

I agree, there are a few good ideas there. Shrinking the federal government, term limitations, freedom of expressing and practicing religion which is actually covered in the First Amendment to begin with, etc.

Old 02-22-2022, 12:28 PM

21,380 posts, read 7,987,024 times
Quote:
Homosexual behavior was a crime in many states until 2003.

So. That was less than 20 years ago. There's no reason to think that couldn't come back, especially with marble mouthed talk like this proposal.
Where does it say anything about making homosexual behavior a crime?

It doesn't.

Why are you so terrified? You are staring at ghosts. THere's nothing there to support ANY of your misinformed statements.

Old 02-22-2022, 12:29 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,810,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
Abolish the Federal income tax and install a VAT on all non-food items. Everybody pays. Except money doesn't get taken out of MY paycheck.
Works for me, provided the rate is never to exceed 10% of the purchase price under any circumstances and the IRS is abolished. Oh, and abolish the remainder of the federal tax code too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies