Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2022, 02:37 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 25 days ago)

35,748 posts, read 18,082,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty MacButter View Post
From what I read, Ramos wasn't the one being bullied. He was actually the bully and instigator.

Here's a former classmate describing Ramos @1:09

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rViYNnMhQ1g
Sounds believable. For some reason, a lot of bullies perceive themselves as victims.

And a lot of mommies perceive their bully children to be victims.

Old 05-28-2022, 02:43 PM

26,832 posts, read 22,647,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What does it matter? What matters is, that the Russian strategy is currently working. And this has forced Ukraine to change its plan. After abandoning its positions in the east, it has now decided to go on the offensive, blowing up the Crimea bridge, for example. We'll see what they do next, and how Russia responds.

I think Johnboy doesn't understand what "battle strategy" is, and how it's all planned, calculated and executed.

It's almost like a solid oak table on four legs, and the *strategist* starts sawing the legs of that table off, slowly but surely, in certain spots.

On the surface it looks like nothing is happening - the table still stands unchanged, until it starts collapsing all of a sudden.

That's the best way I can describe the "war planning" on European fronts, and Russians have always been very good at these calculations - the centuries of studies of the "art of war" so to speak.

P.S. Here Johnboy - if you have the Telegram, this is an example how things were planned and executed in the case of Popasnaya, which was the essential point of fortifications with surrounding towns, and that's why things seemed to be standing still, while the intense battles ( 1 km a day) were raging in and around it.

But after it was taken, all of a sudden all the nearby towns/territories started falling under the Russian control. ( It's a short presentation - Russian troops red color, Ukrainian troops blue color. This way you can see better the offensives and counter-offensives.)
Now add to this picture the Ukrainian troops that got caught into all these planned pockets (pincers), that had only two choices now - to retreat ( if still possible) or to surrender, and you will get the full picture.

https://t.me/rybar/33245

Of course things don't always work as planned, but that's what it was this time around.

Last edited by erasure; 05-28-2022 at 02:52 PM..

Old 05-28-2022, 02:54 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,419,483 times
Anyone saying that the Russians feeding people into the lawnmower of war is "the plan" or "succeeding" are trying to justify tens of thousands of dead Russians for no real purpose.

Old 05-28-2022, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Russia will more than likely respond by pulling units that are barely making advancements out of the Donbas...which impairs their tiny encirclement objectives. If the Ukrainians are now equipped enough to make these counter-offensives...and that's a Big If....then this is a smart move. This will be executed in conjunction with hyper-partisan activities in the occupied areas of Kherson....much like the French Underground in the Battle of Normandy. Partisans can provide on the ground intelligence, sabotage supply lines, ammunition depots and communication channels and wreak havoc behind the lines.

OK, never mind - I found it on Youtube.

This should explain that while your sources tell you that "nothing is happening," other than "1 km a day" of the Russian advancement, in fact something important is going on behind the scene, until the whole Ukrainian front starts collapsing all of a sudden. ( These are the actions from 12 of March to May 25, all concentrated around Popasnaya, as the major strategic point. )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukbu01bt2lY

Old 05-28-2022, 02:58 PM

7,825 posts, read 2,741,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Do you understand then, why after this "huge fast offensive" the war was going on for the next four years?

I think not, you don't understand - you are simply not familiar with the subject it looks like.
You are joking...right? On June 22 Germany launched Operation Barbarrosa...The German Centre Army Group initiated the campaign in Brest.....they were on the outskirts of Moscow by October of the same year. That was over a 1000 KM advance in 3.5 to 4 months....this would be considered a "huge fast offensive" unlike anything ever seen. Same goes for Army group North and Army Group South.

Here is a link on the Russian advances in 1944
https://www.britannica.com/event/Wor...-December-1944

Why did the war last the next four years? Because it covered from 1000 KM to 1500 KM in each direction.

Why am I even having this discussion???

Old 05-28-2022, 03:02 PM

25,641 posts, read 17,379,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Anyone saying that the Russians feeding people into the lawnmower of war is "the plan" or "succeeding" are trying to justify tens of thousands of dead Russians for no real purpose.
You mean this stuff I am hearing about "kinder, gentler Russians" just isn't real!? NO! I have been assured that the Russians are capturing gobs of territory and shielding civilians as they go!

Old 05-28-2022, 03:02 PM

7,825 posts, read 2,741,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
OK, never mind - I found it on Youtube.

This should explain that while your sources tell you that "nothing is happening," other than "1 km a day" of the Russian advancement, in fact something important is going on behind the scene, until the whole Ukrainian front starts collapsing all of a sudden. ( These are the actions from 12 of March to May 25, all concentrated around Popasnaya, as the major strategic point. )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukbu01bt2lY
When you put a grain of sand up close to your eye....it looks like a boulder.

Old 05-28-2022, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
You are joking...right? On June 22 Germany launched Operation Barbarrosa...The German Centre Army Group initiated the campaign in Brest.....they were on the outskirts of Moscow by October of the same year. That was over a 1000 KM advance in 3.5 to 4 months....this would be considered a "huge fast offensive" unlike anything ever seen. Same goes for Army group North and Army Group South.

Here is a link on the Russian advances in 1944
https://www.britannica.com/event/Wor...-December-1944

Why did the war last the next four years? Because it covered from 1000 KM to 1500 KM in each direction.

Why am I even having this discussion???

Because you apparently don't understand the whole concept of fighting for every square kilometer or sometimes even house for days?

Otherwise why would the initial offensive ( of 1,000 km) took few months, while the counter-offensive took long four years?

29,531 posts, read 22,757,012 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDNxq748tgE

26,802 posts, read 26,940,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty MacButter View Post
From what I read, Ramos wasn't the one being bullied. He was actually the bully and instigator.

Here's a former classmate describing Ramos @1:09...
Remember when we were told that the Columbine killers had been bullied? Very similar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies