Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2022, 06:00 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,963,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am rooting for Ukraine. I support their effort against Russia. I hope this leads to coup in Russia and Putin gets removed and executed. But I don't want us involved with troops or any Americans in harms way. If Europe wants to get involved fine they can. Its in their backyard.
I don't think it is anyone's intention to let American troops get involved . We and others are now fighting the war by aid and proxy, but with war there are always the unplanned events that arise. Let's hope not here.
It's a good thing NATO is around and in defensive posture. If it weren't for the threat of NATO, Putin would have by now rolled over all three Baltics and Ukraine and made others his puppet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2022, 06:05 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
All liberal support for Ukraine is much appreciated, and there is a lot of it.

But, please, don't try to turn this into a partisan issue. The majority of conservatives support Ukraine just as much. Conservatives have been supportive of Ukraine going back a long time. But this is by no means a partisan issue, as most liberals have, too (except the minority of actual communists and Soviet nostalgists).

And that goes for conservatives, too. Most liberals that I've seen have been supportive of Ukraine, and their support truly matters.

I'm very encouraged by all the bipartisan support for Ukraine. So, please, if you actually care about Ukraine, do not turn this into a partisan issue. You can save partisanship for another issue. Thank you!

Not going to unify with people that called people that want free speech Nazis by supporting another foreign war started by a NATO staged coup to turn Ukraine into another proxy war..

So count me put, i have no use for leftist warmongering hypocrites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxI8zjrbrcg

Old 02-28-2022, 06:08 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
I don't think it is anyone's intention to let American troops get involved . We and others are now fighting the war by aid and proxy, but with war there are always the unplanned events that arise. Let's hope not here.
It's a good thing NATO is around and in defensive posture. If it weren't for the threat of NATO, Putin would have by now rolled over all three Baltics and Ukraine and made others his puppet.

I agree. I don't think Putin is going to intentionally draw us into this. But he might get desperate enough to do something that might lead to that. Like going after our grid.

Old 02-28-2022, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Not going to unify with people that called people that want free speech Nazis by supporting another foreign war started by a NATO staged coup to turn Ukraine into another proxy war..

So count me put, i have no use for leftist warmongering hypocrites.

I am not a leftist at all. But seriously its time to climb back off the ledge and pipe down the partisanship. One way is avoiding incendiary youtube videos.

Old 02-28-2022, 06:11 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I’m not really conservative, much closer to a centrist, but since I hate Democrats so much, I have nowhere else to go.

But I absolutely do not support Ukraine. I don’t support Russia either. We should stay out of it, period.
The real point here (in this thread) is we should all show Unity - that what tomorrows speechifying is all about.
Unity, Unity, Unity.

Trust me on this ….. absolutely nothing that TeamBiden wants more than “stay out of it”.
I have no issue with that at all …. As long as he doesn’t claim to be the World Wartime Leader that will save the entire World. Let’s see what happens. We have done nothing so far that shows any Leadership.
Leading from behind is not a good plan. Hoping it all goes away is not a good plan.

It will be an interesting speech tomorrow.

Old 02-28-2022, 06:29 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am not a leftist at all. But seriously its time to climb back off the ledge and pipe down the partisanship. One way is avoiding incendiary youtube videos.

If you think that video is incendiary then it just proves the futility of reconciliation.

Old 02-28-2022, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
If you think that video is incendiary then it just proves the futility of reconciliation.
Your dude in the video has another video "Why I stand with Russia" and his point with both video's is minimizing casualties. And avoiding war. But Putin started this unprovoked. And avoiding war at all costs means letting Putin take whatever he wants. I am against war. But come on. Its crazy talk.

Reconcile with what? I don't like Biden he clearly over his head especially with his age. I am not anti left or anti right. I see them as they are not how some pundit or youtube video tries to sway me. But when some see the other party as more dangerous than our real enemies. Russia and China that concerns me. Its a disconnect from reality.

We need to come together as a country. The mid terms and 2024 are not far off. Plenty of time to sling that mud.

Old 02-28-2022, 07:02 PM

17,625 posts, read 6,914,908 times
One thing we need to remember is that there are real people dying in Ukraine, both Ukrainian and Russian. The Russian kids shipped off are deserving of our empathy just like the Ukrainians are. The villain is Vladimir Putin. As a veteran I mourn the loss of all the participants in this idiotic and senseless war. They are all forced to do what they're doing and are doing so out of a sense of patriotic duty, nationalism, and/or threat of disciplinary action including death.

I cannot even believe there is a European ground war in 2022. It's surreal. The West has failed.

Old 02-28-2022, 07:05 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
These are scary times for the free world —no time for partisan politics.

We Americans could learn something from the amazing courage, national pride, commitment, unity and solidarity the Ukrainians are showing the world!!

Last edited by mountainrose; 02-28-2022 at 07:16 PM..

Old 02-28-2022, 07:07 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,016,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
One thing we need to remember is that there are real people dying in Ukraine, both Ukrainian and Russian. The Russian kids shipped off are deserving of our empathy just like the Ukrainians are. The villain is Vladimir Putin. As a veteran I mourn the loss of all the participants in this idiotic and senseless war. They are all forced to do what they're doing and are doing so out of a sense of patriotic duty, nationalism, and/or threat of disciplinary action including death.

I cannot even believe there is a European ground war in 2022. It's surreal. The West has failed.
How so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies