Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2022, 06:11 PM

10,106 posts, read 7,775,270 times

Advertisements

I love anyone that wants to compete against these social media sites that want to censor speech.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-failing.html

Tesla CEO Elon Musk polled Twitter on Saturday, asking whether a new social media platform should be created to challenge Twitter and sparking speculation that the billionaire might be the one to do so.
In a series of tweets on Friday, the Space X founder asked if the time has come for a new platform to replace Twitter, and whether users thought the company 'adhered to free speech principles.'
He said that, because Twitter serves as 'the de factor public town square,' a failure to promote free speech on the app would undermine democracy.

In a reply to his own thread on Saturday, which sparked speculation, Musk wrote: 'Is a new platform needed?'

'Free speech is essential to a functioning democracy,' he had written the day before, on Friday. 'Do you believe Twitter rigorously adheres to this principle?'
Just over 70 percent of over 2 million respondents said 'no' to Musk's Twitter poll.
In a follow-up Tweet, the tech mogul wrote that 'the consequences of this poll will be important,' and he had urged respondents to 'please vote carefully.'

Old 03-27-2022, 06:16 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Yeah, Twitter and Facebook can start by restoring Trump's accounts. And they will have less worry from new competition.

Old 03-27-2022, 06:28 PM

10,106 posts, read 7,775,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Yeah, Twitter and Facebook can start by restoring Trump's accounts. And they will have less worry from new competition.
I hope Trump never goes back to Twitter. For me Twitter's downfall is more about the cancel culture and censoring speech. No social media site should be trying to tell us what is right and what is wrong. That is wrong on so many levels. I cancelled my Twitter as fast as I could.

Old 04-07-2022, 11:53 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,349,576 times
Ain’t America great? Richest man in the world is an African American immigrant!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies