Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2022, 08:07 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,991,313 times

Advertisements

Elon to the rescue!!!

Starlink is now active in Ukraine, Elon Musk announced after Ukraine’s vice prime minister on Saturday requested the SpaceX billionaire help the embattled country with communication satellites.

“Starlink service is now active in Ukraine,” Musk tweeted about 10 hours after the call for help. “More terminals en route.”

The response came after Ukrainian Vice Prime Minister Mykhailo Fedorov asked for the controversial business magnate for Starlink stations.

“@elonmusk, while you try to colonize Mars — Russia try to occupy Ukraine! While your rockets successfully land from space — Russian rockets attack Ukrainian civil people!” Fedorov, also the country’s Ministry of Digital Transformation, tweeted “We ask you to provide Ukraine with Starlink stations and to address sane Russians to stand.”

https://nypost.com/2022/02/27/elon-m...nk-in-ukraine/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2022, 08:11 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,220,900 times
Good for Musk. This is great news and raises him up in my book.

Old 02-27-2022, 08:26 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,229,268 times
Elon Musk is a great American success story and role model and so naturally he is a target for the demented Democrats: https://thehill.com/opinion/technolo...cexs-elon-musk

Old 02-27-2022, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Elon Musk is a great American success story and role model and so naturally he is a target for the demented Democrats: https://thehill.com/opinion/technolo...cexs-elon-musk
No internet disruptions is HUGE.. I am pretty sure the russians will be knocking out electric and water soon.

Old 02-27-2022, 08:41 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,220,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
No internet disruptions is HUGE.. I am pretty sure the russians will be knocking out electric and water soon.
I'm sure those will be a target. Hopefully they have some redundancies. If electric is taken out entirely the internet connection will be short-lived.

Old 02-27-2022, 09:32 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,695,142 times
But I thought he was evil person because he was rich?

Old 02-27-2022, 09:36 AM

10,479 posts, read 4,046,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I'm sure those will be a target. Hopefully they have some redundancies. If electric is taken out entirely the internet connection will be short-lived.
Not if it's satellite driven. It's one of the reasons why the Black Hawk Down incident wasn't so easy. The warlords had access to satellite phones that didn't have to rely on a grounded grid. This is the whole point behind Starlink. I'm also sure there are battery packs and solar power available to get the streaming up and online!

The only way about this now would be for either the US or China to start shooting Elon Musks satellites down.

Old 02-27-2022, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Not if it's satellite driven. It's one of the reasons why the Black Hawk Down incident wasn't so easy. The warlords had access to satellite phones that didn't have to rely on a grounded grid. This is the whole point behind Starlink. I'm also sure there are battery packs and solar power available to get the streaming up and online!

The only way about this now would be for either the US or China to start shooting Elon Musks satellites down.
I know there was a big battle going on for a dam.. So they are trying to hold the electrical infrarstructure at the moment.. I believe Ukraine has control of all those reactors... Russia has only taken chernobyl .. most seem in the west and south

https://bankwatch.org/project/zombie...ors-in-ukraine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies