Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2022, 08:29 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Barnes View Post
Once you see that freedom is more than an idea you will never wish to be deprived of it. You might even die for it.
I spent ten years "defending freedom" in the fast attack submarine force. My general posting history on this forum is somehow related to the sovereignty of the individual and their natural individual rights. And I am unrelenting champion of the freedom and liberty of the individual, free from involuntary claims on their lives made by others simply because those others call themselves "government." I understand freedom just fine.

Freedom is far more than just an idea to me, which is why I point out things like taxation being theft, involuntary government making all of us their quasi-slaves, and things of that nature. There may be half a dozen folks on this forum, maybe, that are more fiercely devoted to both concept and practice of freedom. I don't get "AnCap/anarchist weirdo" criticisms for nothing, y'know?

But Russia is not threatening my freedom. The government/nation that is a threat to my freedom wants me to think Russia, or some other bad guy depending on the day, is the thing to fear so I stop paying attention to what they are doing to me. People in this thread are angry that I refuse to do that. They are mad that because I won't be fooled into ignoring the tyranny perpetrated against me and my fellow individuals everyday, I keep my eyes and my words focused on the ever present threat to my freedom and liberty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2022, 08:36 AM

19,036 posts, read 27,599,679 times
I witnessed the "autocratic criminal" clearly saying that strict orders were given to attack ONLY military objects and protect civilians at any cost.
Do you recall this gentleman speech here:

https://www.b92.net/eng/news/world.p...&nav_id=113304

Watch the video in it.

Old 03-27-2022, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I spent ten years "defending freedom" in the fast attack submarine force. My general posting history on this forum is somehow related to the sovereignty of the individual and their natural individual rights. And I am unrelenting champion of the freedom and liberty of the individual, free from involuntary claims on their lives made by others simply because those others call themselves "government." I understand freedom just fine.

Freedom is far more than just an idea to me, which is why I point out things like taxation being theft, involuntary government making all of us their quasi-slaves, and things of that nature. There may be half a dozen folks on this forum, maybe, that are more fiercely devoted to both concept and practice of freedom. I don't get "AnCap/anarchist weirdo" criticisms for nothing, y'know?

But Russia is not threatening my freedom. The government/nation that is a threat to my freedom wants me to think Russia, or some other bad guy depending on the day, is the thing to fear so I stop paying attention to what they are doing to me. People in this thread are angry that I refuse to do that. They are mad that because I won't be fooled into ignoring the tyranny perpetrated against me and my fellow individuals everyday, I keep my eyes and my words focused on the ever present threat to my freedom and liberty.

Will be interesting to hear, exactly WHERE you defended freedom. Surely, not just at the Great Lakes?

That is with huge respect to your post. I am literally curious. I just don't see it done for ten years in nothing but training camps.

Old 03-27-2022, 10:02 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Will be interesting to hear, exactly WHERE you defended freedom. Surely, not just at the Great Lakes?

That is with huge respect to your post. I am literally curious. I just don't see it done for ten years in nothing but training camps.
I have combat medals for Desert Storm/Kuwaiti Liberation, and joint NATO for Yugoslavia. I have Expeditionary medals for the Arctic, Mediterranean and Atlantic theaters. Arctic service, 4x sea service (>90 day deployments), and the standard personal medals an E-6 submariner has after 10 years. At one point, I had Squadron 8's 3rd longest continuous sea service billet, at 63 straight months assigned to a fast boat.

Then I did instructor/maintenance/law enforcement, depending on the day and what my shore command asked. And I was one of the two platoon LPOs for the base ASF/RSF that worked with the Marines and the base police to provide security and LE for the Norfolk Naval Base. That was my weekend gig, and where I got the crapload of combat/gun training sailors normally don't get.

My first 18 months was indeed training at various bases, but after that, lots of submarining and then training submariners or doing cop/Marine stuff.

That's where I learned a lot about government hijinks, DoD contractor malfeasance, waste/fraud/abuse, propaganda vs reality, etc. Just the proprietary government contract alone is an affront to the average taxpayer, and anyone who has dealt with the defense dept supply system knows all too well how bad the taxpayers are boned on a constant basis by the DoD.

It's also where I learned about prioritizing threats, ordering the list of stuff to be mad at according to proximity, etc. Tactically, junk like all the faux virtue signaling emotional hysteria, like the kind aimed at me in this thread, gets you killed because you spent so much time screaming straight ahead at the decoy that you got snuck up on by the real enemy. In submarine parlance, the threat isn't off the bow, it's in your baffles. In cop/soldier parlance, watch your back.

Think of the last time you felt like one of your natural rights was abridged, abused, removed, etc. Was it Vladimir Putin doing the abuse, or was it your own government? Was it based on notions of Russian nationalism and border security, or was it based on US media-political complex nonsense? Last time your property tax went up...did Putin raise it, or was that your local government? You do know that property tax is a semi-annual reminder by your government that they are your feudal lord and you own nothing, but actually rent from them. Putin didn't come up with that, your local government did.

If you stop paying your property tax, it won't be Putin kicking you out of his house, it will be your local government kicking you out of THEIRS. When Eric Garner got choked out for avoiding the cigarette tax in NYC, did a Russian soldier acting on Putin's orders do that choke hold, or was it a NY cop acting under DeBlasio's orders? We can go on and on. The naysayers will say how all of the tyranny they deal with every day is just how it has to be, but in Russia, it's soooo much worse BECAUSE GULAG! Like the Jan 6 folks aren't currently rotting in an American gulag as we speak. Got that? American citizens are rotting in some federal dungeon for trespassing and taking selfies at Pelosi's desk. The real crime - they dared test faith/belief in 536 geriatrics having absolute autonomy over them and demanding to be treated like royalty.

When I see George Floyd getting choked out, I don't fear Russia. When one politician after another talks about anyone making top 5% incomes like they are the enemy of civilization, I don't fear Russia. When media apparatchiks shriek about anyone not getting Facui's jabs should be financially and materially destroyed for daring to betray a tin pot dictator's decree, I don't fear Russia.

Right now, today, Vladimir Putin poses exactly zero direct threat to me, and the only indirect threat he poses is that his tyrannical dumbassery in Ukraine will put a bee in Joe Biden's bonnet to do even more idiotic tyrannical dumbassery to Americans because REASONS! Atxcio and his ilk think I should be tried for treason for daring to say such things while a war happens on the other side of the planet, but in doing so they prove my point. Putin isn't demanding my harm...THEY ARE. And they demand it for no other reason than I speak freely in a country where doing so is explicitly protected by our founding charter.

Think about it.

Old 03-27-2022, 10:22 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Instead, try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzNxLzFfR5w&t=22s

Old 03-27-2022, 10:42 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I witnessed the "autocratic criminal" clearly saying that strict orders were given to attack ONLY military objects and protect civilians at any cost.
Do you recall this gentleman speech here:

https://www.b92.net/eng/news/world.p...&nav_id=113304

Watch the video in it.
Yes, because clearly we should believe all the foul breath that comes out of the lizard's lips, right? Here, in 2008 Putin himself is stating that there is no conflict to resolve in Crimea. "Crimea is not a disputed territory." You Putin supporters are all hilariously impeachable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1__EPqhMrFQ

Old 03-27-2022, 12:47 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,461,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Barnes View Post
I believe no love lost between Putin and Zelinsky obviously. Putin a heartless autocrat product of the cloak and dagger age. Can you imagine a discontent of your neighbor being settled by burning your house down. I felt the most dangerous to ourselves and others is when "We just dont care". Putin has at least reached that Point.
History will note him as a war criminal. His historical portrait should show him at a podium with hands raised and a nuclear bomb in one hand and a couple missiles in the other. Oh and that smug arrogant face. Maybe a 666 on his forehead. This is wrong a maniac overseeing a nuclear arsenal. Another dilemma the world must figure. One child wrongly killed because "Zelinsky just pisses me off". Putin goes down as an executioner of innocent people.
Let history note Putin whatever you want. I’m 100% with you. On the other hand, let’s not push forward towards a military confrontation. Did you ever consider the potential consequences? Not military only but:

Financial/ Economical
Sociological
Environmental - (for those who cry “global warming” but at the same time are pushing for actions to teach Putin a lesson).

Old 03-27-2022, 01:31 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

instead? Well we all know this angle of the story already. The Western media has buried the West's role in staging a coup.

Yeah there were honest protestors that wanted to end the corruption. Do you not know how often agitprop runs this play? They were infiltrated and some some of agitprop mercenaries shot both protestors and police to destabilize Ukraine into a proxy war. The snipers were in protestor controlled areas. Ukraine can never seem to get out if it. Unfortunately Ukrainian culture was essentially a slave peasant culture dominated by Poles , Hungarians, and Russians.

Your film mentions how many died in the conflict but it does not say who..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RVn_bslSKQ

Old 03-27-2022, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Yes, because clearly we should believe all the foul breath that comes out of the lizard's lips, right? Here, in 2008 Putin himself is stating that there is no conflict to resolve in Crimea. "Crimea is not a disputed territory." You Putin supporters are all hilariously impeachable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1__EPqhMrFQ

I am sorry, but you have no idea, what he said and what happened in Crimea. Learn Russian, learn entire history of Crimea, learn all details about what exactly happened in Crimea and what was the cause. then, you are most welcome to post a coherent response that, actually, does have any relevance to Mr Biden requesting bombings of Yugoslavia and being proud of it.

Old 03-27-2022, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I have combat medals for Desert Storm/Kuwaiti Liberation, and joint NATO for Yugoslavia. I have Expeditionary medals for the Arctic, Mediterranean and Atlantic theaters. Arctic service, 4x sea service (>90 day deployments), and the standard personal medals an E-6 submariner has after 10 years. At one point, I had Squadron 8's 3rd longest continuous sea service billet, at 63 straight months assigned to a fast boat.

Thank you. That's all I was curious about. Yugoslavia, huh....

Well, Serbs are back to action...... and they never forgot....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies