Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 09:49 PM

13,649 posts, read 4,375,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMJag View Post
I wish I could post a link to the video with Col Douglas MacGregor, who speaks my mind. Basically he said this has been building for 15 years with NATO's expansion eastward, that we and NATO have no business in Ukraine and that shipping arms to them only gets more people killed only to end up with the same result. Russia doesn't want NATO missiles on their border any more than we wanted theirs in Cuba. We ignored Putin's repeated requests regarding NATO expansion and he finally acted. Goes on to say that Putin doesn't have any interest in Ukraine beyond the Dnieper River and would probably be content to live with that as a neutral state, such as Austria or Finland. To the east of the river he'd probably annex it as it's historically been Russian. Ukraine has never been a shining example of democracy and has always been a corrupt state. Zelenskyy has repeatedly jailed journalists and political opposition.

I blame NATO. Ukraine will learn to not trust NATO or their money.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid....-2207520000..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2022, 10:52 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,717,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Biden is making America look like a total rundown stupid second rate third world country with how the Biden administration has handled our economy our border allowing the buildup just off the border of Ukraine and did nothing that Afghanistan debacle it's a nightmare. The Biden administration should have armed Ukraine just as Trump did with 300 stinger missiles and that was doing peacetime with no military buildup off their border. Biden again is asleep.Biden did nothing for months while his intelligence watched Russia build up a huge military complex of tanks and soldiers and heavy military equipment. Biden can't act can't think he just allows things to happen crisis after crisis.
In other words, giving $1 billion in military aid to Ukraine was far from enough. The military industrial complex wanted billions more.

Old 02-28-2022, 02:54 AM

10,594 posts, read 4,122,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
I'd much rather give this money to Ukraine than give more money to Pakistan, Afghan, Iran, etc... This is aid that is needed quite frankly we need to pay up.
You don't see the BS in all this? We give money to Ukraine so they can fight for their borders while the same traitorous president is leaving the US borders wide open.

Old 02-28-2022, 02:57 AM

10,594 posts, read 4,122,205 times
Quote:
I wish I could post a link to the video with Col Douglas MacGregor, who speaks my mind. Basically he said this has been building for 15 years with NATO's expansion eastward, that we and NATO have no business in Ukraine and that shipping arms to them only gets more people killed only to end up with the same result. Russia doesn't want NATO missiles on their border any more than we wanted theirs in Cuba. We ignored Putin's repeated requests regarding NATO expansion and he finally acted. Goes on to say that Putin doesn't have any interest in Ukraine beyond the Dnieper River and would probably be content to live with that as a neutral state, such as Austria or Finland. To the east of the river he'd probably annex it as it's historically been Russian. Ukraine has never been a shining example of democracy and has always been a corrupt state. Zelenskyy has repeatedly jailed journalists and political opposition.

Found it: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/canad...ion/vi-AAUogMP
I agree. This is why when I see people claiming Zelenskyy is some kind of hero, I have to roll my eyes. All these images of him going to fight is all BS and full on propaganda. And I agree, NATO is the biggest problem. Like I said, how can NATO be there to protect Europe from Russia while at the same time have members of NATO like Germany and the US make business deals with Russia?

Old 02-28-2022, 03:00 AM

3,889 posts, read 1,824,396 times
Quote:

Found it: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/canad...ion/vi-AAUogMP
Thanks for the link.

Old 02-28-2022, 06:26 AM

33,598 posts, read 18,243,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Yes, Biden is arming Ukraine with Stinger missiles:

https://www.cbs17.com/russia-ukraine...es-to-ukraine/
Too late in the game . Biden had months to have them there. The ukrainians are having hand to tank combat now. A Molotov cocktail against the tank. Much of the fighting can't be shown because it's too bloody. Children are being murdered by Putin and Biden sat on his hands as usual. Oh but iBiden has time to go home and make up a nice flowery speech of how great a president he is and how wonderful everything will be a nice Rosy picture what a buffoon.

Old 02-28-2022, 06:37 AM

30,202 posts, read 18,775,207 times
Quote:
There is this narrative going on here that Biden isn't doing anything to help the Ukrainians, or not doing enough. Or is too late. Or something. The problem with that narrative is, well, it's flat out wrong.

So far this year, the Biden administration has provided Ukraine with $1 billion in military and humanitarian aid, including $350 million announced yesterday.

Biden to send $350M in military aid to Ukraine

With this information now provided to the Biden haters, I predict that the same ones who said Biden wasn't doing anything to help them, will now come around and tell us that by sending them military aid, he is escalating the war, or something along those lines ...

... Which will only go to show that the Biden haters will simply make up anything they can to attack him, including changing their narrative willy-nilly as it's convenient for them.
How much did he ditch in Afghanistan, Jimmy? $85 billion?

Too little, too late.....................................AGAIN.

Old 02-28-2022, 09:11 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,447,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
How much did he ditch in Afghanistan, Jimmy? $85 billion?

Too little, too late.....................................AGAIN.
Nope, not even close. I'm unsurprised you fell for the fake news, though.

Old 02-28-2022, 09:18 AM

22,039 posts, read 9,628,525 times
Quote:
There is this narrative going on here that Biden isn't doing anything to help the Ukrainians, or not doing enough. Or is too late. Or something. The problem with that narrative is, well, it's flat out wrong.

So far this year, the Biden administration has provided Ukraine with $1 billion in military and humanitarian aid, including $350 million announced yesterday.

Biden to send $350M in military aid to Ukraine

With this information now provided to the Biden haters, I predict that the same ones who said Biden wasn't doing anything to help them, will now come around and tell us that by sending them military aid, he is escalating the war, or something along those lines ...

... Which will only go to show that the Biden haters will simply make up anything they can to attack him, including changing their narrative willy-nilly as it's convenient for them.
More taxpayer money flushed down the toilet. I am sure this will all go to the needed places....

Ukraine is KNOWN for it's corruption and rumor has it, payoffs to the Biden family include 10% for the Big Guy.

Old 03-02-2022, 10:53 AM

2,572 posts, read 1,336,798 times
What about food, medications, etc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies