Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 06:41 PM

2,357 posts, read 1,158,791 times

Advertisements

Frankly, I hope Ukraine gets some weaponry to sink the Russian navy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2022, 06:42 PM

46,370 posts, read 27,192,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post

So, why does the picture in your link say: "US President Joe Biden meets with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in the Oval Office of the White House, on September 1, 2021, in Washington, DC. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)"?

And lets go further, shall we?

"Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky says he had spoken with US President Joe Biden about military aid and sanctions, as his country faces down a Russian invasion."

Last I heard, his country is currently and has been invaded for at least a few days. Did you miss that?

You'd think people actually would read the links the post...yet here we are.

Old 02-27-2022, 06:59 PM

20,890 posts, read 9,595,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, why does the picture in your link say: "US President Joe Biden meets with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in the Oval Office of the White House, on September 1, 2021, in Washington, DC. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)"?
Because Zelensky is holed up in Ukraine right now and hardly has the wherewithal to fly over to the US and meet with Biden to pose for a picture with him. So all timesofisrael.com did was use an archived photo. News websites do that all the time.

Quote:
And lets go further, shall we?

"Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky says he had spoken with US President Joe Biden about military aid and sanctions, as his country faces down a Russian invasion."

Last I heard, his country is currently and has been invaded for at least a few days. Did you miss that?

You'd think people actually would read the links the post...yet here we are.
The article in my OP is dated Feb 26, the timesofisrael.com article is dated 25 February 2022, and in the first paragraph in my OP when it says, "U.S. President Joe Biden has authorized the State Department to send another $350 million in weapons, including Javelin anti-tank weapons, to help Ukrainian forces fight back the ongoing Russian invasion," the link for "ongoing Russian invasion" is a link to a story about the invasion from just 3 days ago!

As if all that weren't enough, Zelensky's tweet I linked is dated Feb 25, 2022.

Old 02-27-2022, 07:00 PM

2,367 posts, read 912,766 times
Quote:
There is this narrative going on here that Biden isn't doing anything to help the Ukrainians, or not doing enough. Or is too late. Or something. The problem with that narrative is, well, it's flat out wrong.
That's not a "narrative". But anyway, I think Biden is doing a lot.

What we have here is the hybrid war that you've probably heard about. It includes attacking the enemy's finances, resources, spreading false information, using the media to stir up emotions, cyber attacks, etc. Sending weapons is actually more conventional.

So we are living through a war with Russia right now, a hybrid war, one which does not require the approval of Congress. But everything we do to Russia has consequences for ourselves, just like in a conventional war.

For those who sympathize with Ukraine, feel good that you are doing something by your sacrifices, for example the financial sacrifices.

Old 02-27-2022, 07:01 PM

509 posts, read 349,590 times
Thank you President Biden! Glory to Ukraine!

Old 02-27-2022, 07:05 PM

46,370 posts, read 27,192,583 times
Quote:
Because Zelensky is holed up in Ukraine right now and hardly has the wherewithal to fly over to the US and meet with Biden to pose for a picture with him. So all timesofisrael.com did was use an archived photo. News websites do that all the time.
Then don't post a picture? See how simple that is? Just say it.

Quote:
Wow, you are really in denial.
Of what, your are for putin?

Quote:
The article in my OP is dated Feb 26, the timesofisrael.com article is dated 25 February 2022, and in the first paragraph in my OP when it says, "U.S. President Joe Biden has authorized the State Department to send another $350 million in weapons, including Javelin anti-tank weapons, to help Ukrainian forces fight back the ongoing Russian invasion," the link for "ongoing Russian invasion" is a link to a story about the invasion from just 3 days ago!

As if all that weren't enough, Zelensky's tweet I linked is dated Feb 25, 2022.
Not surprised that you cannot even figure out why I said what I said.....but continue.

We all know you are for putin. Just read your post.

Old 02-27-2022, 07:06 PM

3,866 posts, read 1,805,500 times
I understand helping the country Ukraine, but 1 billion dollars in one year is too much. Imagine if that money went instead to defending our own border.

This administration also asked for 6.4 billion dollars to help Ukraine's war efforts as well, but Congress would need to approve that and I hope they don't.

Old 02-27-2022, 07:08 PM

6,185 posts, read 3,402,698 times
I’m 100% against any kind of intervention in Ukraine. We should stay out of it, and I mean completely.

If our country was operating in near perfect harmony, I could see us helping around the world. But we have so many problems of our own. Drugs everywhere, crime everywhere, homeless everywhere, inflation so bad that home ownership is off the table for tens of millions of people, broken families, immorality run rampant, people pouring across the border so the elites can get richer.

I could go on and on with all our problems.

But now, all of a sudden, I need to care about Ukraine? Why?

I think that billion dollars should’ve went to people in the US who need it.

Old 02-27-2022, 07:09 PM

33,594 posts, read 18,215,849 times
Quote:
There is this narrative going on here that Biden isn't doing anything to help the Ukrainians, or not doing enough. Or is too late. Or something. The problem with that narrative is, well, it's flat out wrong.

So far this year, the Biden administration has provided Ukraine with $1 billion in military and humanitarian aid, including $350 million announced yesterday.

Biden to send $350M in military aid to Ukraine

With this information now provided to the Biden haters, I predict that the same ones who said Biden wasn't doing anything to help them, will now come around and tell us that by sending them military aid, he is escalating the war, or something along those lines ...

... Which will only go to show that the Biden haters will simply make up anything they can to attack him, including changing their narrative willy-nilly as it's convenient for them.
Biden also allows 500, 000 barrels of Russian oil to come here daily to fill up our cars. We are running around with Russian gas.Biden has given more money to Russia than he ever will to Ukraine..

Old 02-27-2022, 07:13 PM

20,890 posts, read 9,595,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then don't post a picture?
I didn't. There are no pictures in my posts.

Quote:
Of what, your are for putin?

Not surprised that you cannot even figure out why I said what I said.....but continue.

We all know you are for putin. Just read your post.
Since you didn't notice that I didn't post any photos and then you said that I did, I'm not surprised you should also somehow say I am for Putin even though every single post I've made on the topic has been against Putin, and even though right beneath my name at the top-left of all of my posts I've explicitly expressed who I am rooting for in the war. And if that weren't enough, I put a thumbs up icon next to the thread title. So I am explicitly celebrating Biden's aid to Ukraine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies