Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2022, 06:27 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,067,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
It's got nothing to do with opinion or feelings . The fact is getting soft with Russia started under Obama

Trump was famously soft on Russia, complimentary of Putin, and has significant personal business dealings with Moscow. Why you trying to make Today seem like an Obama thing?

https://time.com/4433880/donald-trump-ties-to-russia/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2022, 06:39 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,305,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Trump was famously soft on Russia, complimentary of Putin, and has significant personal business dealings with Moscow. Why you trying to make Today seem like an Obama thing?

Lol. Even if he was soft which he wasn’t, peace is better than war

Old 03-03-2022, 09:19 PM

13,649 posts, read 4,373,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post

Is not what you say is what you do. I can call you a "sweetheart" while I'm sticking it to you or I can call you S.O.B. and a bad person while We are in bed and business. (That's the worse)

Another opinion piece before the 2016 election by former Dan Quayle speech writer neo con and a Bush licker ,Jeff Nesbit, that voted for Hillary Clinton because she was the biggest war hawk running in 2016. These are the incompetents behind the Bushes Wars protecting the establishment and endless wars.

Mueller didn't find any Russian business deals or attempts when Trump was in the private sector in exchange for favors. NONE! But here you are repeating political opinions.

Meanwhile Obama, Biden and Kerry in government power pushed the Russian Pipeline deal making Europe dependent on Russia for energy and they did get soft on Russia and your answer is "Nothing to see here, go check out an opinion piece by hacks that were paid by the Bushes so Trump loses the general and the GOP returns to the Bush doctrine." Pathetic.

If Trump as President pushed the Russian pipeline deal that has very bad consequences while he makes money, you Democrats would impeach him and throw him in jail. Obama, Biden and Kerry actual does it and nothing to see. The B.S.

Old 03-03-2022, 09:27 PM

Obama, Biden and Kerry in government pushes for the Russian pipeline deal making Europe dependent on Putin and Putin richer but Trump is the one soft on Putin. You can't make this b.s. up. Putin expanded under Obama in 2014 and now under Biden in 2022 and both did nothing but Trump is the weak one.

It's like accusing you of raping a woman when it's me that raped the woman. The lies and propaganda. You say the same thing over and over and some believe it.

Old 03-03-2022, 10:17 PM

663 posts, read 310,027 times
Quote:
Obama, Biden and Kerry in government pushes for the Russian pipeline deal making Europe dependent on Putin and Putin richer but Trump is the one soft on Putin. You can't make this b.s. up. Putin expanded under Obama in 2014 and now under Biden in 2022 and both did nothing but Trump is the weak one.

It's like accusing you of raping a woman when it's me that raped the woman. The lies and propaganda. You say the same thing over and over and some believe it.
Biased still is full frontal in Conservative media. There is a reason in my opinion.... that even Fox News dropped its slogan -- Fair and Balanced.

Just realize this biased is far from just one side.

Anyway, here is a link from last year. Clearly states Biden and the admin against Nord 2 pipeline. Still Germany wanted a deal and it was made with Angela Merkel.

Read carefully....

This link FROM JULY 2021

Parts from this link last year well before this crisis and addresses HOW THE US and GERMANY WOULD REACT IF RUSSIA TRIED SOMETHING FOOLISH and OUR RESOLVE FOR THE UKRAINE. The pipeline already was 99% complete. Nothing was really going to stop it permanently. Europe still needs to get oil from someone. That will not change.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/21/polit...eal/index.html

The US announced Wednesday that it has reached a deal with Germany that would allow completion of the controversial Nord Stream 2 pipeline opposed by the Biden administration as a “malign influence project” that Russia could use to gain leverage over European allies.

“While we remain opposed to the pipeline, we reached the judgment that sanctions would not stop its construction and risked undermining a critical alliance with Germany, as well as with the EU and other European allies,” a senior State Department official said Wednesday.

The announcement is unlikely to end bitter divides over the pipeline, with US lawmakers condemning the agreement, Ukrainian officials immediately weighing in to say they are lodging diplomatic protests and even the US acknowledging their opposition to the project remains firm.

“ A Biden senior official said - I would just say emphatically that we still oppose Nord Stream 2, we still believe it’s a Russian geopolitical malign influence project, none of that has changed,”
President Joe Biden said that at this stage of the project, there was no way to halt its completion.

“Nord Stream is 99% finished. The idea that anything was going to be said or done was going to stop it was not possible,” Biden said in Kentucky after a CNN town hall before returning to Washington. “But I had, as you know, very, very fruitful discussions with Angela Merkel and she’s working, and the German government, on a commitment that suggests that if in fact Russia takes pains to deliberately inflict pain on Ukraine or other countries they will respond.”

In an attempt to prevent Russia from using the pipeline to increase European dependence on its energy supplies, Germany has agreed to take a series of measures meant to mitigate the risks to European energy security, to Ukraine, and to European Union and NATO countries close to Russian borders. In the past, Russia has cut off energy supplies to other countries, including Ukraine.

“Germany has really committed to taking swift action,” the senior official said in a call with reporters. “There are a number of tools that Germany and the EU have at their disposal to push back against Russian aggression or malign activities.”

Old 03-03-2022, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town View Post
Biased still is full frontal in Conservative media. There is a reason in my opinion.... that even Fox News dropped its slogan -- Fair and Balanced.

Just realize this biased is far from just one side.

Anyway, here is a link from last year. Clearly states Biden and the admin against Nord 2 pipeline. Still Germany wanted a deal and it was made with Angela Merkel.

Read carefully....

This link FROM JULY 2021

Parts from this link last year well before this crisis and addresses HOW THE US and GERMANY WOULD REACT IF RUSSIA TRIED SOMETHING FOOLISH and OUR RESOLVE FOR THE UKRAINE. The pipeline already was 99% complete. Nothing was really going to stop it permanently. Europe still needs to get oil from someone. That will not change.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/21/polit...eal/index.html

The US announced Wednesday that it has reached a deal with Germany that would allow completion of the controversial Nord Stream 2 pipeline opposed by the Biden administration as a “malign influence project” that Russia could use to gain leverage over European allies.

“While we remain opposed to the pipeline, we reached the judgment that sanctions would not stop its construction and risked undermining a critical alliance with Germany, as well as with the EU and other European allies,” a senior State Department official said Wednesday.

The announcement is unlikely to end bitter divides over the pipeline, with US lawmakers condemning the agreement, Ukrainian officials immediately weighing in to say they are lodging diplomatic protests and even the US acknowledging their opposition to the project remains firm.

“ A Biden senior official said - I would just say emphatically that we still oppose Nord Stream 2, we still believe it’s a Russian geopolitical malign influence project, none of that has changed,”
President Joe Biden said that at this stage of the project, there was no way to halt its completion.

“Nord Stream is 99% finished. The idea that anything was going to be said or done was going to stop it was not possible,” Biden said in Kentucky after a CNN town hall before returning to Washington. “But I had, as you know, very, very fruitful discussions with Angela Merkel and she’s working, and the German government, on a commitment that suggests that if in fact Russia takes pains to deliberately inflict pain on Ukraine or other countries they will respond.”

In an attempt to prevent Russia from using the pipeline to increase European dependence on its energy supplies, Germany has agreed to take a series of measures meant to mitigate the risks to European energy security, to Ukraine, and to European Union and NATO countries close to Russian borders. In the past, Russia has cut off energy supplies to other countries, including Ukraine.

“Germany has really committed to taking swift action,” the senior official said in a call with reporters. “There are a number of tools that Germany and the EU have at their disposal to push back against Russian aggression or malign activities.”
July 2021 is not the same as 2009-2017 and seems like lots of talking and NO action. You say Fox is bias but quote from CNN. Ok

Biden has a long habit of supporting 1 side and then jumping over for politics. He was for the Iraq and Afghanistan wars for 20 years than changed his mind. He was for mass black incarceration for years and just recently he decided to be against it because it wasn't popular with black voters.

Anything NATO and Biden does now is late for Ukraine. Obama, Biden and Kerry when in power in Obama's term pushed for the Russian Pipeline that made Putin richer and bolder. That's a lot deeper than anything accused of Trump that it was never proven.

Old 03-03-2022, 10:59 PM

663 posts, read 310,027 times
Quote:
July 2021 is not the same as 2009-2017 and seems like lots of talking and NO action. You say Fox is bias but quote from CNN. Ok

Biden has a long habit of supporting 1 side and then jumping over for politics. He was for the Iraq and Afghanistan wars for 20 years than changed his mind. He was for mass black incarceration for years and just recently he decided to be against it because it wasn't popular with black voters.

Anything NATO and Biden does now is late for Ukraine. Obama, Biden and Kerry when in power in Obama's term pushed for the Russian Pipeline that made Putin richer and bolder. That's a lot deeper than anything accused of Trump that it was never proven.
We have to use something in link form. This one I found just happened to be CNN. It clearly gave Biden's stand and the ART OF THE DEAL with concerns..... worked out with Merkel then.

It was ALL ABOUT DA DEAL. Still the concerns were here in black and white.

I merely use to watch Fox News more often 2020ish and before really. Once Trump threatened to CANCEL them. The change occured and I noticed it. I also noticed they REMOVED their long-time moniker of --- "Fair and Balanced".

It is too hard for me to watch any of them today. I instantly see biased on any as some are totally clear.

I stick far more to current and not years back unless I have to to comment. I certainly lived thru all these Presidential eras as a adult end of Carter and then Reagan's era and the first Presidential election I voted in.

Old 03-03-2022, 10:59 PM

32,147 posts, read 15,164,422 times
Quote:
Except sanctions on their oil. Funny huh?
Sanctions on oil won't stop him. Why would you think that. He's already destroyed his country by his actions and the sanctions that every country has imposed on him already. Their economy is pretty much destroyed. Putin just doesn't care.

Old 03-04-2022, 03:49 AM

38,651 posts, read 26,455,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I agree Biden is weak and pathetic but Trump supporters are reading too much into the timing of this attack by Putin. It probably would have happened in Trump's second term. I see nothing to indicate Putin would have been afraid to attack Ukraine if Trump was still POTUS. Trump was in awe of Putin. Trump to Putin was simply a useful speed bump. Biden to Putin I am sure is just a joke.

And Bolton. The architect of the WMD scam in Iraq. I don't really trust the guy but some odd reason Trump hired him. Apparently because he liked him on Fox News. That being said Bolton is saying what everyone else who worked for Trump has said. Trump had a limited understanding of history and geography. And fought tooth and nail to limit Russian sanctions. No doubt all of that is true.
Selective clairvoyance?

Old 03-04-2022, 03:58 AM

16,202 posts, read 6,951,435 times
Let's make Orange man bad again.....................Hahahahaha....

The Dems are doomed come Midterms................unless of course Dominion and 2,000 mules are available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies